Critique my Sagat

It was final round 17. But yea I know where you’re coming from krim but I actually started using this button more and wow Is it gdlk standing light kick is a really good poke but I’m having issues linking two c.shorts online but most people at my level mash during block strings so I just do c.short c.short and they just fall for it everytime

I also had a really hard time doing c.short combos online. I was always late with the second hit so it did not combo. Just have to keep practicing and maybe take some losses to learn. But in the long run when you are able to do it consistent then it’s worth it.

I notice they also fall for cr.mk to ts a lot. Easy to focus cancel it to a big damage combo :slight_smile:

another good space control tool is to use c.mp buffered into a tiger shot/ex tiger shot. it’s especially useful for players/characters who like to dash in to start offense (makoto, etc.). that way if they dash into your c.mp, the tiger shot automatically comes out (and if EX, knocks them back full screen again, allowing you to throw more).

Shame that it’s hard to encourage yourself to play and get better when you know the higher you get in skill level the harder it will be to use Sagat. At least after reading all the posts from the other guys on the forum.

Myself i am not more than 2500 bp, but it feels like such a waste if it only gets worse the higher you go… will there be a patch later on that might change a few balance issues?

Bro he gets hard but that’s for every character. That mindset you will be picking up new characters every time u hit a rock. Don’t give up on sagat bro.

Hey all,

Didn’t want to start a new critiquing thread so i thought i might as well ride off this one. Please check out a couple of my matches with a friend offline. would appreciate any constructive feedback to improve my game…anything i should be making better use of or avoiding would also be welcome…if you see it i wanna hear about it.

Thanks in advance…Will try to upload more vids…just 2 for now because connection sucks for whatever reason and uploading vids is taking some time.

Ps. This dude used to torment me with chun some months back but the match has gotten a lot better due to some of the advice i got on here. Special shout outs to Highlandfireball…Your primer and advice has been very helpful brother.

Don’t know if this is relevant to anyone out there, but the guy used to take advantage of chun’s walkspeed and superior pokes in the midrange to just get in and tear me up with jabs into hazanshou tick throw mixups and there wasnt much i could do. Even though chun’s jump is floaty, he still used it to get in on me on many occasions in the past.

A piece of advice that really helped improve my overall game in general and this specifically is to crouch more often as to shrink my hurtbox and give me slightly more room for a dp and to use high ts at close range to intercept jump frames. Just passing it on if anyone is facing the same difficulties.

Videos are private.

oh…lol first time uploading a vid on the youtubes so forgive my noobness…will look into it. Gracias amigo

Right, just fixed it.

just my 2 cents
-you seem to jump a lot more than you have to.
-i wouldn’t throw as many tiger shots vs a chunli with ultra 1 stocked up, granted she never punished you for it.
-i don’t think there is much benefit to using ex tu when youre already short on meter just for a little extra damage.

just my opinion.

overall solid play

AndeRK83…gotta be a shorter way i could abbreviate that, so how about you help a brother out eh? :smiley:

Appreciate the feedback, man. Your opinion as valued.

I agree about not throwing TS against an ultra’d up chun. I thought i was doing them in instances of forward movement when she lost charge…apparently not. Noted.

Nice one on the ex uppercut…I use it sometimes to juggle her up and followup with ultra, but in some cases i cant get the ultra timing right and i just abort.

Thanks again buddy.

I do think EX uppercut is more useful against Chun than most characters. Some characters just have a good jump in that trades and/or beats regular uppercut often, and if it knocks down you can’t get the damage from the f+rh after the trade. (Dudley’s jump in elbow, Chun’s jump in fierce, etc.)

good point eraser…chun’s double punch often trades and sometimes downright beats TU. EX takes care of that…the follow up ultra is easier too since her fall is floatier than other characters.

The number one thing is you were letting her jump essentially for free. Practice AA in training mode with dummy record. Second thing is you didn’t manage meter well. EX knee does very little damage at the range you were using it. I would conserve it for when you corner them, so you can combo into ultra.

Also practice your crouch teching against people who walk up throw. And work on punishing harder. You let her get away with blocked EX SBK.

Thanks laughter7…the ex bird kick was just a weird flip out animation on her part…its usually more consistent with cr mk into ts. I hear u on the crouch teching and anti airing though.