Critique My Julia - Post your Julia Gameplay

As all the other characters already have a gameplay thread, I decided to start one for Julia. I’ll link one of my matches here first, feel free to critique.

Me ( Yoshimitsu - Julia ) Versus GravityNinja ( Julia - Heihachi ) :

[media=youtube]8pJK6iI1PjE[/media]

Missed some vital hit confirms in the 2nd round…

[media=youtube]mH4pEzgOC7Y[/media] Posted on YogaFlame24 Youtube

Hey do you actually confirm whether the low kick hits after her lp lp mk string when you cancel into her dp? I just assumed it would be too hard to confirm one attack into a dp on its own, but maybe I’m wrong.

No I mean I failed to continue the combo after tag combo with Julia to yoshimitsu and he did not die and won the round

Footage of -6’s Julia.
[media=youtube]4iWjUy0UGag[/media]
[media=youtube]oFMQV0ziwmU[/media]

-6’s Julia is something to see. I’m seeing a lot of little things he does that I don’t do. Back to training mode haha

I played Julia/Jin at the last local tournament. Here’s the link to the losers finals and grand finals match:

Losers final starts at 18:30 and Grand Finals starts at 40:17

I don’t see how effective -6’s Julia is. Julia is either losing out/getting beaten or act as a filler in between cross tags. As soon as he lands something, it’s launched straight into Ryu and Ryu is the one winning matches. He obviously got the winning formula but as far as Julia goes… I don’t see it. Maybe someone with more insight can shed some light?

I see Julia as a defensive footsie character. She’s got good Anti-air, pokes, and ways to get through fireballs. My main plan with her is to be in range to counter poke with cr. lk or st. mk and tag to my second character. Her combos don’t really need meter, letting you tag or super more often.

-6’s main goal with Julia was battery and abc into Ryu’s damage. His gem setup was geared for that plan.

Absolutely. Half the time I am playing as Julia, I am fishing for a launcher chain with cr. lk. I think Julia’s biggest strength is her chain launcher, and she can get it at a great range and safely without having to commit to a gimmick or a jump.

I use ryu/julia.

Some videos in a psn lobby mostly no gems.

I’ve found a lot of tech for ryu/julia, dunno if they will be in the archieve.