Cr. Fierce > Sphere > Aegis

I’ve been watching a few RX vids today, and a setup I see him use in his recent videos is:

Cr. Fierce (1st hit) > LP Metallic Sphere > Fierce Aegis > Cr. RH > etc etc

Anyway, I went to go practice it so that I could remember and use it, but for I’m having a huge problem with LP Sphere > Aegis inside this combo. I can Sphere > Aegis fine mid screen, but for some reason it does not want to come out after the first hit of cr. fierce.

I’ve tried figuring out the problem, and the only thing I could think of was to reverse edge the sphere. Doing that is a very awkward movement, unreliable, and I’d have to plan it really far ahead of time.

Anyway, has anyone else had this problem? If so, did you manage to figure out the problem? Timing? Something in the game’s coding?

your probably timing it bad. cr.hp is a long move, takes longer\shorter than you may think to get to the first hit for cancel.

I’m guessing you’ve tried it yourself, it works fine for you?

Anyway, I’m not really sure if it’s because I’m buffering my sphere too early or something. I’m going to have to do more practice tomorrow and see what the problem is.

do QCF+P, QCF, QCF+P.

i dunno why, but it works but it works for me

That method doesn’t work for me :S

I can finally get the Aegis out as long as I don’t buffer it, but then the sphere doesn’t come out fast enough to hit the RH, which leads to the rest of the unblockable setup.

Aargh so difficult.

its a late cancel.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=3181284&postcount=10

That’s actually the only way I could get it to come out, but if you wait too long then I miss the cr. rh.

Lots of practice for me today hahaha

Thanks alot, really helped ^^