Coward Crouch is about drive me insane

So, I started using Blanka about a week ago, and I have been doing damn good for using him for such a short period of time. But the only thing that ever gets me is the fact that when I’m under duress, whenever I do the command for the Ultra, Coward Crouch comes out. I assume this is because I may accidentally be going :df: at the end of the command instead of :r:. I can admit that this is my fault for doing sloppy commands, but I’m sorry, should that one incorrect input at the end take priority over the rest of the ENTIRE Ultra?! It seems pretty stupid to me that the down in my down-forward takes priority over the forward when I’m clearly trying to do an Ultra.

Does anyone else have this problem at all?

its capcoms clever way of getting you to think twice about throwing out a silly random ultra.

No, it has nothing to do with that. It’s Capcom’s silly way of screwing people over. I don’t know about you, but I get nervous when I play. If it’s a really close match and a Ken missed his Ultra and I have an Ultra stored up, I don’t think about anything, I just do the command. So no, you’re wrong. If anything, it makes doing an Ultra at a crucial time even harder and more punishing if you do the command incorrectly at a clutch point in the match. So…I fail to see what you’re talking about.

Seconded.

It’s simple, execute better.

Try :l:,:r:,:l:,:uf:+:3p: instead of :l:,:r:,:l:,:r:+:3p:

That’s what some people do for Bison’s ultra to not get the Teleport
[media=youtube]si5H9ep3fIs&feature=related[/media]

The nervousness goes away with time, don’t worry. If you just started a week ago, you just need more practice. Loosen up a little, by your description of nervousness it sounds like you’re probably holding the stick a bit too tight and forcing movements that “aren’t needed.”