Couple of questions re: converting with spencer and anti nova?

Hi guys. I’m doing ok with spencer in general, but I’m having trouble converting in a couple of situations.

[LIST=1]
[]I can land the following combo in the corner without any problems:

Far from corner, 0 to 2 meter
*:d::l: :d::m: :d::h: :uf:zip j.:m: |> :uf:j [j.:m: j.:h: :df:zip :s: |> :uf:j] x2 j.:m: j.:h: j.:s: :f:zip :f:zip :df:zip :d::h: :qcf::h:~:l:

However, when I’m outside of the corner they’ll always drop out during the zips at some point. Any pointers?

[*]I run strange as my second character, I’m trying to find a way to convert off the eye of agamotto if someone lands on it.

If I manage to combo them out of it, pop them up with an S, air combo into j.S, then dash into tiger kneed grapple I can never seem to follow up the tiger kneed grapple with a df zip j.s - should I be doing a j.h or landing and hitting s.S or something instead? I often have trouble landing it off an air grab -> tiger knee grapple too.

[*]Nova. I have a lot of trouble with him. I feel like I have to rush him down constantly, because if I give him time he sets up the shield and starts chucking energy goblins. But it seems that he can throw zips that aren’t spaced perfectly very easily. Any time he wants he can vertically jump and dash fullscreen into air throw or a crossup which can be hard to see. If he ends up above me he comes down with j.S which I can’t seem to punish even if I block, and it tends to eat up assists too. j.S also seems to eat up zips. Also seems like he can punish most anything with his damn slide. Any tips? :confused:
[/LIST]

I’m sorry for not helping you but energy goblin? Haha it’s Energy Javelin.

But a couple things, first off I think you running bolts would be a better idea for Spencer since it improves his ways of getting in full screen and you can still use it to increase UVGs. However if you are set on using the Eye, you have many ways to hit confirm from it. You can either go straight into the jump loops with j.M, etc… and gain some meter as well as push them to the corner. Use either M grapple if you’re too far or H grapple if you’re in the corner and below them. Or you can do S like what you’ve been doing but do 3 air zips in your air series to push them into the corner and then dash back otg grapple j.S zip zip UVG.

oh i know, i just call em energy goblins.

i tried bolts for a while but i have hawkeye anchor to cover me and bolts goes over a lot of people crouching/sliding. ill take the eye into training mode with loops from it. ta! any thoughts on landing the followup or the 3 zips outside of the corner?

with nova i found tonight i had a fair bit of success with jump back H to stuff a lot of his attacks before they hit me, stopping airthrows too. then i could sometimes knock him into the eye. need to see what else i can land after that.

For anyone else suffering with these issues, I’ve worked em all out.

1. If you have trouble with people dropping out during the 3 zips when you’re outside of the corner, make sure you’re not spamming or randomly hitting the zips. Time the first zip almost like a cancel off the j.S, and time the next two as the “spark” of the grapple hitting ends. I’ve got it more or less to 100% now, all down to timing.

2. For anyone looking to convert from opponents landing on the eye of agamotto, it’s like robawtninja said. If you catch them at the right height you can get them into the loop, otherwise what seems to work is a forward jump j.M, j.H, j.S then neutral jump j.M, j.H, delayed j.S, then s.M, s.H, s.S and air combo off that with followup.

3. When it comes to Nova I think my main problem was that he’s an airthrow monster and I wasn’t thinking airthrows through properly. I’m now jumping less, since you can’t be airthrown on the ground (!) and when I’m in the air if I’m covered by an assist I try to throw out an early air normal to stuff airthrow attempts. I also try to zip around less near this character. Try to sniff out his airdashes and airthrow them yourself. I’ve pretty much given up on trying to punish his j.S unless I’ve avoided it or ended up behind it. If the nova is slide-happy I’d recommend the odd neutral jump, and come down with j.S or j.H depending on how far away they start the slide.

Hope this helps someone else.

anytips for doing bionic :qcf: :s: after j.S from the TK :qcf: :hp: ?

if your talking about armor piercer, I would instead do a down zip canceled into the piercer from and tiger knee heavy gapple. using j.s has a chance to drop if your combo has prorated too much, while the down zip will always connect once you get the timing down.