Counterpicking against Adon

I dunno, I think Honda is pretty uphill. It’s one of the worst kind of matchups you can have, enduring to fight and boring to watch.

Id say Boxer wins 6-4. Adon matches are usually very easy for me unless the Adon player has good footsies and exploits my lack of charge. All I can say is know the range of your normals and watch your opponents charge and you should be fine.

Boxer is by far one of my easiest matchups with adon dont know why but i find it quite easy chun is 5-5 imo and dictator well i cant beat a tough one for toffee.

is there something in particular u do against boxer that makes it feel easier?

IMO Zangief and T. Hawk are both good counterpicks vs Adon

Curious, if jag kick pressure is spaced very well to avoid spds, what other elements make this difficult for Adon?

Zangief: Nothing in SSF4.

T hawk: He’s a total bitch to antiair which means you’ll get caught in mixups. He has normals like stand HK that are good against adon, condor spire (?) is hard to punish and has great priority. Him having a DP doesn’t help either. In general it’s mostly his priority that causes trouble to adon, and he’s much harder to zone than gief. You can punish some things and whiffs, but adon is not great at punishes in general and with hawk health he can afford taking some abuse before getting his damage in.
I can’t say it’s a bad matchup because I haven’t played it nearly enough but it’s tricky.

See: [media=youtube]Tsa02hoV4A0[/media]
That 2nd round hurt.

yeah, Hawk is a quite tricky match up. He can almost shut down JK pressure with st HK. Controlling the space with Adon against Hawk is quite harder than Zangf.

What about (good) Blankas?? it is a hella difficult MU for me. I cant get close if he decides to turtle, and i have a lot of problem to stop his shenanigans once knocked down…

Hawk is gonna be even worse in AE.Right now Hawks U2 is terrible and hard to get Jaguar kicks with,in AE though the hitbox is alot bigger.

Jaguar kicks are probably gonna be unusable theoretically against Hawk in AE when he has U2.

Reversal Jaguar Revolver would like a word with you.

Best thing against Blanka is to c.LP in place a lot, while paying attention to jump-ins. This should force Blanka to play a footsies game, since at this point you have a pretty good chance of punishing all kinds of Blanka Balls and jump-ins. Once you get him to play footsies and he loses his charge, you can start doing JKs w/o fear of getting hit out by Balls.

Another cool thing vs Blanka: EX Up Ball is punishable by reversal Jaguar Revolver. ON HIT. Try it out, it’s hilarious. Also remember that U1 punishes Blanka Balls on block, which can be a life saver when you have low life left (instead of just punishing with LK JK).