Corner fake cross ups and unblockables re-tested for USF4

Here it is…

Corner Fake cross ups [F throw, Dash, lk pinwheel]:
I removed non optimal setups
If there is a cross up with j HK i ommited the J mk cross up
If there are 2 moves that always land outside of the corner on hit/block the stronger one is only listed
If there are two fake cross up that always land behind the stronger of the two is added [j lk and j hp will always be listed if both fit the description]
If j lk is a fake cross up and always lands in front and J hp also does the same J LK is ommited (I could not find a jlk setup that combos)
I may have left 2 competing options in by mistake, it is up to you to figure it out or let me know

Edit: Fake cross ups and Unblockables are usefull in their own way, however an attack that always lands in frond on block/hit is useful

LK is an attack that sometimes always lands in front. I have not found a way to combo from fake cross up j.LK. The main benefit is that you land in front while most people will expect you to land behind them. When I use J LK i expect a “hit/block” in the air but a “block/block” on the ground. I expect them to block the jump in cross up but you land in front instead for a full ground combo.

**Any Criticism is Appreciated **

Sounds sweet, but I don’t agree with omitting weaker attacks in favor of j.HP. The damage potential for lighter attacks that can lead into combos is much higher.

I agree as well but if you delay them enough to combo, shit gets fucked up. I could not find a timing to hit a fake cross J LK and land a combo that wouldn’t be a “100% blockable”, a cross up that you could have used j mk for, or a j lk setup that you could combo that always lands in front.

I could be wrong. i hope i am, i just could not find a combo-able j lk setup that “still lands in front always”/“is a fake cross up”, that also combos.

If you can find one let me know and I will amend it. I will also add it into the text file. thanks

In short: Most j lk setups i found were impossible to combo with. The only benefit i find is that they “land in front” when they should “land behind.”

Edit: ill add an extra explanation

Fair enough.

You should probably not make a separate thread for each of these. Just put it in one thread similar to how the master class thread is set up.

I only did that as i know all of them will get buried. I did it for searching’s sake. Im only going to deal with the main thread i made.

Even if the j.lk fake crossup does not combo or might even leave a small gap to reversal you upon landing, I don’t think you should omit it since it can be used as a mixup tool to gaurantee yourself on a certain side. Unlike j.hp (which you cant really confirm off of) does a flat 90dmg + knocksdown on hit, the potential damage damage you might get from the opponent just blocking the wrong side after you landed might be much higher, even if it was single bnb hitconfirm.

Plus if the opponent blocks the j.lk, they are not stuck in huge blockstun compared to the j.HP which might let you catch a crouch tech with a cr.lk ~ bnb if mix up your knockdown offense

sorry its to late at this point. I only recorded the juicy setups :/.jlk in the setups i left out is also potentially lose to mashed reversals after being hit or blocked.

Im not gonna go through it again as it is a pain in the ass. feel free to do it yourself though. they just weren’t good enough to risk cornering yourself imo.

I havent played in over a month so im just posting my opinion.

Sorry if im wrong but the j lk setups are free to reversals or focus backdash. they dont combo on hit and on block they are non-true block strings.

I dont see the point. Juri’s corner pressure is amazing. I would rather stay in front than risk cornering myself.

PS: Drunk response so listen to it as much as you want to.

Edit: unless they land in front and I missed that. I think I got all the ones that land in front with j.lk let me know if I missed any.

yes, most of them work. I just thought you took them out because j.hp is easier to use.

After trying it myself. In those situations where j.lk gets beaten by reversals easily, you can kind of mitigate it by delaying your jump. But that completely ruins the frame-perfectness of this setup

Hey the dropbox link is missing!! :frowning:

Anyone have a backup? Did you mean to delete it @mapleleafs791?

I want to learn more about safe jumps and setups and this would help me a lot!

I just fixed it my bad