We are looking into having our comic and card shop have a Dreamcast and PS3 setup inside so people can play fighting games (only fighting games) in the shop and I’ve got a few issues I’d like opinions on.
Dreamcast: MvC & MvC2
PS3:SF4, SSF2HD, CvS2, SF:Anniversary, Battle Fantasia, MK vs DC and KoF(latest version here).
Amazon HRAP2 (arrived) w/vermillion Sanwa buttons (ordered 3-31). Total Control Plus adapter for PS2->DC (arrived) and inPin PS2->PS3 adapter (found em, just waiting now). Two of each of the above.
Initially I thought $2 for all day. If there are already two people playing add yourself to the queue and play the winner of the match. I don’t know if $2 is too low or not. The gear is expensive and the electricity adds up. I figure if one per day plays, we pay for the electricity and if more than that play, it goes toward paying for the gear. I’ve also entertained ideas of a monthly charge but no idea what that would come out to be. $20-30 for a month?
Rules rough draft:
- You may bring your own controller if you like.
- Abuse of the equipment will cost you your privlidge to play for the day, week, month or indefinitely @ the discretion of Drom’s Comics & Cards.
- The winner of each round may stay on until they have played one full rotation of the line.
- Keep the trash-talking fun for everybody. Don’t make it personal and don’t let it be personal.
- No betting!
- No fighting! If there is a fight, we will call the police and those involved may be banned.
I understand most fighting game enthusiasts have these games at home, but not everybody has access to a good stick and a variety of opponents (minus online matches with a bit of lag).
Compiling rules at the moment. Input is appreciated!
Edit: Just picked up a 60gb PS3 last night for $180. Has a bad laser but there is a shop in Fairfield I ordered a new laser from. Should be here tomorrow or Wed. In the mean time I’ll get some SF2HD downloaded on it. Still not charging a fee as of yet. I don’t feel it’s worth paying money for without the PS3 and SF4.