Comboing after command grabs

After doing some testing, I found that there are a few assists haggar can use to combo after an SPD and air SPD, all must be called beforehand

Ground SPD + Air SPD
Chris’s grenade toss
[media=youtube]g_z3E0F7M58[/media]
[INDENT=1]Effective in tick grabs, c.l or c.m + assist[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]If opponent starts jumping when they see you call chris, jump up and spd or H Hoodlum[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]Timing for air spd works pretty much the same[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]To combo from a normal throw you must call before, too slow after. Also not possible after back throw unless you throw them into corner. Cant combo after an air reg throw, the mine will hit but opp will reset before you can land and combo[/INDENT]

Doom’s missiles
[media=youtube]GvzZl_3e40I[/media]
[INDENT=1]Big window to grab, anytime from him starting to fire missiles til he finishes[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]Number of missiles hitting depends when you do the grab and can sometimes lift them up in the air a bit making it harder to combo after. Safest to just do L Hoodlum until you get the timing down or from a tick throw when you know how many should hit.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]Weird note with this, while the opp is in a grabbed state the launching missiles wont follow and can lead to no missiles falling.[/INDENT]

[INDENT=1]Works the same for regular throws, very hard timing to combo after back throw. Also if you call doom and do an air back throw right after, you can throw them into the launching missiles and depending on the timing can combo afterwards[/INDENT]

Dorm’s liberation
INDENT=1 and (1L,2m) both work but couldnt combo afterward (opp stays on ground), may be able to do body press super[/INDENT]
INDENT=1 works after regular throws only, couldnt combo afterward[/INDENT]

Sentinel’s SF bombs
[INDENT=1]Couldn’t combo afterwards[/INDENT]

V Joe’s bomb
[INDENT=1]Corner only or dash up and grab[/INDENT]
[INDENT=1]Cant quite get the timing right, sometimes bomb just hit opponent other times you too[/INDENT]

Air only SPD (these arnt very useful but for completeness ill share)
Storm’s typhoon (must dash after calling assist then jump and spd, can combo afterwards)
Skrull’s stone smite (very hard timing only did it twice, leads to wall bounce)
Hulk’s gamma wave (only one or two hits, cant combo afterward)
Arthur’s fire bottle toss (only one or two hits, cant combo afterward)

Haggar being a grappler you should be going for grabs, but the damage and range dont make it worth it. He can do big damage from anything else he does and in most cases taking an spd is better than getting caught with a combo. At least this way you can make them fear the spd. You can get 400,000+ dmg easily with no assists and supers. So is it worth it?

If you have any trouble let me know. I think I tried most OTG assists, except Jill and Shuma, let me know if I missed something.

I’ve tried the Doom one more times than I can count but landing the PD in that situation isn’t easy. I’ve really only ever managed a solitary PD a handful of times, most of the time my throws are air grabs.

That setup with Chris looks nice.Might have to make a sub team with Chris on it and mess around with that.Looks fun!

:eek: I find Haggar and Chris actually complement each other very well, this technique notwithstanding.

I have a few setups with Haggar backdrop and doom missles. This one is for the corner:
cr. L, cr. M, forward H xxx H Violent Axe, s. L + Doom Missle Assist, s. M xxx L Violent Axe. Normal jump forward Back Drop, missles OTG, launch, sj. M, sj. H, sj. down H, s. M xxx L Hoodlum Launcher, sj. M, sj. H, sj. up H xxx Giant Swing
forgot what the total damage is but it’s a reset and if you’re able to you can dhc glitch after the Hoodlum Launcher for even bigger damage. Works on everyone but there’s character specifics at what height the back drop can catch a character when they air recover forward or just neutral air recover and Back drop won’t catch Ammy when she neutral air recovers.
Got some other stuff with doom missles and haggar but most of em are resets so I’ll save em for the reset thread.

Just to note on Chris land mine assist, it does not work if there is no distance between Haggar and the opponent (close stare down) before calling the assist. The best thing is to be at Standing L range, call the assist and then SPD (or Air SPD), since doing SPD moves Haggar backwards (since he is PULLING the opponent in). If the position is cornered, you dont have to worry. Doing H SPD + Land mine = 337k-ish Damage, starting with perhaps 70% damage scale or 60% on the next hits, and among all set ups, does the highest damage among all characters because Chris land mine is a single 117k hit, and does not hurt damage scale too much (well it helps if you do M H instead of M M H as air series).

Since Haggar and Chris are good buddies, and land mine is very situational set up, you may sacrifice Gun shot assist for Haggar gaining true mix ups (not just dat Pipe or Cr.L anymore), and make them fear the SPD like it should be. I tried doing this set up online, I did not have that much sucess due to Haggar mobility and SPD range, but once I land the H SPD ( land it about 4 out of 30 games =l ), it feels satisfying doing 640k damage using simple and basic combos (I messed up almost every combo due to excitement and mashing). I am sure it is possible to go for DHC glitch after inflicting about near 600kish amount of damage (the damage scale is not high), which basically means sure kill on the hit.

The other alternative I’m PRETTY sure you have is wasting 2 meters to DHC into someone like Storm I guess. =P