Combo reset glitch... Into the future! (Now with videos!)

I try it once or twice if it doesn’t work there are a dozen other ways of crossing the finish line w ammy, its just I said in the op that it was blockable and then again in the end of the video post that is blockable and now everybody is coming in here saying “dude its blockable”.

You guys are all jerks

The thing is that skilled opponents will block it basically every time. They might get confused once, I suppose, but if this is winning you matches then the people who are playing against are not good. The general default for people is to tap S in situations where they can be TAC’d to preemptively try to break TACs in whatever direction they feel like holding; there’s enough time there where you can’t throw out an attack for you to not have an attack come out. TAC flash is in general not reactionable so the idea of someone thinking something is a tac flash and pressing a button to get hit by a TAC is just… Really weird. Like, that flat it is not how a skilled player would ever react. You express disappointment with people just telling you it’s blockable, but that’s just the thing.

Listen. I understand wanting to help the community. But when you come in acting conceited yourself, like, “the ambiguity of what comes next will almost guarantee a hit-confirm every time as long as you mix it up a bit” then… People are going to react negatively to something that is blatantly not mixup. If you’re trying to do attack/throw mixup out of a reset as you… Vaguely hint at one time, that can be legitimate, but that’s not what’s happening here. Okay, maybe I was sorta rude at first, although I should mention that I’ve been hospitalized the past week so perhaps I have reason to be irritable. But we are not jerks for telling you that you’re wrong.

Telling me I fail because I discovered something new in the game, good bad indifferent, is being a jerk. I never promoted it as the greatest strategy in the world, nor did I ever deny the fact that it was blockable. I just wanted to let fellow amaterasu players know about what I found and show some examples of how it could be useful and fun to mess with. Added I personally have a good success rate and believe it is a powerful tool. Sorry if I got excited about my post but honestly I’ve been sitting on this tech for a quite a while egarly waiting to share but I was afraid they would patch it. I do intend to further my research until I make it “high skill” viable. Have faith, stay free

Sorry if some of us were blunt or rude, welcome to the internet. You presented some tech, and we gave you realistic impressions on it. It’s just to easy to block and then push ammy away. I don’t know what else to say.

-I have done this on my matches before without the knowledge of this tech, but, as an ammy player, we already know that she can make whiffs on her TAC attack. Just like everyone, i can see this only as a limited option, because, some ammys can accomplish to kill someone with a single combo that there’s no need of using resets or setups like this, but, maybe we should work around this, like, in case someone just blocks, maybe we can use an assist that attacks upwars, like jam session, locks them when they’re blocking and make a mixup from there, either going for an airgrab or switching sides, in case of being in midscreen, it’s only a matter of being creative. In the end, just like anything else, it’s good to have even more tricks in our favor in battle…-

P.D: most ammys use her on anchor, so, that’s why this tech may be irrelevant to some people, heh…-

I’m working on it, I’ve got block resets for all stances as well as a pushblock reset for glive. videos soon. too busy in the lab working on this. also found good powertag. options for shuma w resets on block. See you guys soon!

I’ve been trying to do this online/offline just to see the rate of successful resets that I get. I would say that online i’ve been 60% succesful however I feel like online for me really isn’t a good indication because the people that I tried it on that it didn’t work on either were just blocking or TACing up which I feel isn’t good because you give me (phoenix player) a chance to go for a down exchange and get meter which isn’t smart lol.
Offline it has worked like 70-80% of the time. Also some characters can get out of the reset I found based on the offline people in my community that I’ve played. Like nova if he’s mashing on S and does his air S sometimes he gets out of the TAC by diving away to the other side. Also doom can fly to get out of it and I think dante can double jump out of it.

So you would say helpful or not helpful overall?

-Of course that it’s helpful, just like i said, everything we got in our pockets that can help us to win in a battle will always be something good to keep in mind, but it’s just that this tech may need more deep work, like for example, to try to use a TAC more closer to the ground, maybe after an head charge H or thunder edge stab, that may help to mix up even more with more assists when the enemy blocks it, this just only need far more experimentation, it just depends if the ammy player takes it or leave it…-

I’d say very helpful in tournament setting. I’ll be using this for CEO during my matches. I haven’t been punished for my opponents guessing correctly unless they counter the TAC. I’d only really use this for my team if i’m at a meter deficit and need to get more damage on my opponent so I still think it’s good.

And @Flamelon do you think using this closer to the ground will work?

I don’t know if you’d be able to do the tech close to the ground unlike what was originally stated because when you weapon change the opponents hitstun ends and they pop out but your still able to TAC as late as possible in the combo which causes the reset to work. Unless there’s a way after a head charge H or thunder edge stab to end the opponents hit stun before ammy touches the ground then it might work. Maybe in sword mode after an air charged H move if you can switch to disk and hit them w/ an air light followed by a TAC it might work or after a fully charged air H in sword mode if you can switch to whip mode and do air H in that mode and if that pops them up and you can do a TAC then that might work. If anyone can test that out in training mode and see if it causes a reset then it might be good.

I will upload new videos tonight of multiple air reset options on block, there are a few ways to keep it close to the ground I will include as well

Sweet thanks for all these options. I’ll be sure to keep on the lookout. Hopefully I can use all these stuff next week at CEO :smiley:

EDIT: Well one good thing about playing in tourneys and most people playing sticks (i play pad) is that you can kinda tell if they are mashing on a TAC button to prevent me from gaining a bar so if I can hear a sound or kinda tell that they are rotating the stick then I’ll do the reset in the air :slight_smile:

I want to see some matchvids of this in action.

I am seriously disappointed in all of you who said this was at all useful. I just can’t see it and neither can any of the tourney players I asked about it.

-Every bit of help in battle is useful, Stark, playing the same way can’t give you the victory forever, so, little things like this can help out to keep winning, anyone is free to take the tech that they want, maybe some people can see something good where others can’t…-

Except the gimmick here is getting your opponent to go “Well I was in a combo and I just wasn’t even attempting to block so I got hit!”

This isn’t even american resets, this is european resets (who am i kidding you don’t understand that reference)

You can say on and on that every bit of help in battle is useful, but this isn’t help. If you want to talk it up, then please, go ahead and record its use in battle. I want to see the level of competition that supposedly routinely falls for it.

This isn’t even about playing creatively and using different tech, because this is emphatically not tech. Am I seriously the only one who read the line “people are spamming TACblock button when they see the stance change because they think it’s the TAC flash” ? Can none of you really see that this is a thing that will never happen amongst people above a certain, not-terribly-high skill threshold? This is literally based on people not blocking, not because they were mixed up, but simply because they did not block.

I guess this kind of thing would work on beginner players.

It *might *even work on high level players who are having a bad day and aren’t concentrating? Other then that, I don’t quite see it’s usefulness.

-I can understand every one of your points stated, Stark and of course, you are in your right to do anything as you please. This may not be that kind of thing that will drastically change ammy’s metagame, hell, this isn’t even something that will hit 100% of the time or maybe even half but, little things like that can lead to something in the future, for example, maybe thanks to this, we can develop a TAC cancel without xfactor, like morrigan’s and others has, that helps in the Phoenix MU, i hope that you know what i’m talking about, maybe this could lead to that or something different, i don’t know, it’s just a matter of getting in the lab to work, in my case, i try to get anything that i can work on and develop something better from that point, in case that i don’t have something from where i can start, in your case, well, try to rest and get better, since i’ve read that you were hospitalized.

Remember, one closed mind is like an ammy who only plays with one instrument…someone who encloses itself from greater things…-

P.D: I like ammys forum, it’s an active one and i think that all the people around here are fun, i usually have a good time being around here, unlike in shuma forum, haha…Just to add something, since this could be something related to general knowledge, people who don’t know about this may fall to it, just like anything related from that, i believe that we have to start from there, so we can decide if it can worth the use of it, in a pinch, it could be useful.