Combo Notation - Smiley Request/Question

Is there any way we can get things like :squ: :tri: and :cir: to translate into

and

? Would make it a lot easier when trying to type out the longer meta-threads if we had these.

… are there already smilies for these that I’m just missing?

I second this motion. Unless this page is outdated: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?help/smilies There are no PS2/PS3 smileys.

I agree with these smileys, helps make notations easier so we won’t have to rely on a numerical notation.

We should get those smileys though I think we should keep numerical notation since the buttons can be remapped. The default stick layout as Attack 3 as R1 instead of Circle

See? Not everyone agreed!

Maybe call them after the buttons? I don’t remember any controller I had that called a button Light Medium or Heavy.

I say that instead of adding the PS3 smilies, you guys request an “A3” smiley. Sure, there aren’t any games with 4 characters which would have you use an Assist 3 button, but since we already have A1 and A2 smileys, those could proxy for the first two attack buttons; thus only really needing the A3 one.

:encore:

Edit for those how haven’t seen them: :a1: :a2:; or you could use the KoF ones at :snka::snkb::snkc:

Oh, that’s a great idea, I wouldn’t mind that at all!

We should just use the following:

Directions:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

A = Attack 1
B = Attack 2
C = Attack 3
T = Throw
LVL# = Supers (LVL1, LVL2, LVL3)

Simplest way to do things.

That’s actually not a bad idea. Wouldn’t mind using that idea.

I gotta say… I don’t love the numbers as directions thing.

oh man I did not realize those were buttons, these would work in most cases, yeah.