Columbus, OH - Made you look, Avi!

New thread eh…

I up for some Tekken and or BB on Weds.

(I also do Smash and wouldn’t mind playing SF4 either)

Thurs I work, so no Gameworks for me this week…

welcome sir i got combos nowson watch out!

But but but but. . . there’s a MAME cab in the living room. What’s the point?

and the pc mame set up in the living room so thats 2 emulator set ups whats the point? again please refer to the old thread working with now limited space and more bodies than ever there is never room more any set up for people that get there at 10 pm they are all taken usally by 7 30 if your name wasnt on the list of fellas in my previous post regarding this issue please learn to read

I am interested to see how this mame box turned out. Did you build it into a stick? or do you just have USB slots so we can use our own stick.

Post up some pics.

We might want to go ahead and get a plan for a hotel room for casuals for SBIV…

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=7362746&postcount=462

I will get it taken care of this weekend. Anyone who wants to chip in pm me or get at me sometime.

Wow that news is crazy awesome

MOMOs is going to get fined by the city for passing the fire capacity for sure. Shit is too serious. Fucking sardine mode throughout that whole tourney.

On that note, when did the venue fee go up to $25? Pure voyeur this year (and the former two, for that matter).

EDIT: Anybody interested in teaching/co-learning some TvC on Weds? I want to play and improve, not wiggle a stick around and mash buttons while in zombie mode. Luis, I’m looking at you because your sticks will probably be needed. I KNOW YOU SEE ME NIGGA.

EDIT MEGA-DEUCE: Also want to level up in BB. Anybody wanting to put up with a low-tier Jin/garbage-tier Racheal/unplayable-tier Bang can add me to XBL. .34 win-ratio is landfill mode. I blame Marvel 1 for building my turtle-style.

Exactly why we need a room. I’m all for watching the main events and playing my matches, but it’s going to be tough to get any casuals there.

And yeah, Momos is going to exceed capacity in no time.

Capacity is def a concern – we’re trying to get them to close MoMo’s to the public at least Saturday. Once we have pre-regs tallied we can know how many people we can let in for the weekend.

$25 is half of Evo and still less than some other tournaments with no special events, so we feel it’s still very fair.

Have you considered renting or using any space at the hotels for run off or maybe pool play?

Obviously it will depend on the turnout, but might help a little.

I will give you some money for the room lucky. I am not trying to be a downer and I don’t mind the crowds but I don’t think momos can handle this. Last year it was full and that was before SFIV and DAIGO!!!

Idea, people who are not playing have to wait in the parking lot. lol

Also 25 is a deal.

Oshit Daigo at SBIV? That shit will be serious.

Nah, we should be good with our layout. FR handled 256 people in a day, so at least as we have the layout and we’re prepared we should be good

Damn, Daigo at SB4. I wonder if they’ll have side bets on the FT10.

I’m sure there will be.

edit

Ok guys, here’s the info on the hotel room and what we can do.

As far as I can tell there isn’t a bigger sized room that’s available, I’m guessing Red Roof just has one size room (two beds standard stuff).

I will get a non-smoking room unless enough people tell me to do otherwise.

For now I’m going to plan on one room, if a bunch of people pitch in I can get two right next to each other, but we may not need that.

Reply back and let me know if you’re interested in gaming throughout the weekend for MMs and casuals even if you’re not able to put any $ in, so I know what to set up.

Fair enough. If the host doesn’t want it there, it won’t be there. Sometime next week I’ll have the DVD version so I can just run it on Tiggy’s laptop or something. Maybe the next time Clint or Avi do something, you’ll see it there. I’m sure it won’t be long.

The MAMEbox PC itself is an ordinary Dell Optiplex 745 small form factor version. It’s small enough that I can carry the whole PC in a backpack. There’s no monitor or speakers, only TV connections. I have a dual-controller PS2 controller adapter plugged in the front, and the player 1 controller can navigate all the front-end’s menus and start games. A mouse is still required for some games that require mouse input to start, like SF4. I might be able to get away with not having a keyboard.

What the shit? Daigo’s coming to town? How’d we pull that off? It’s going to be insane! MOMO’s really will be too small, even if the pool tables are removed from the room. We might have play matches in the middle of the bowling alley, or in the karaoke rooms.

Well, for those of us that are just interested in competing in a tournament and having a good time, 25$ may not seem fair, but you’re right. When we consider everything we’re getting out of this, and the expenses of flying Daigo out along with everything else, it’s gotta be quite the financial burden. Also, I’d imagine it would take a little extra to convince momo’s to close to the public. I think those of us who still expect to pay 10 or 15 dollars are either not being respectful of, or just not being realistic about just how big this event has become, and how much effort is being put into it. I think those of us in Ohio need to stop looking at SB as just another local tourney (if we haven’t already.)

I’m pretty sure you can emulate mouse stuff with joy2key or something. If you are using a 8 button stick to control the thing, you MIGHT be able to use 2 buttons to start something that “requires” mouse input. I would suspect there is a command line option or something to bypass a “settings” option screen or whatever requires the mouse input. I know there are also programs you can use to make mouse input macros which you could probably use to bypass that.

Also, I’m seeing fewer and fewer PS2 sticks at events and such. I probably would configure the frontend to have buttons based on 360 sticks that most people are using if the goal is to bring it to gatherings and such.

Do you have snaps and marquees and shit for your setup? If so, could I get them from you some time?

I have a torrent somewhere that’s got thousands of the marquees and front ends.