Closing threads

how do i prevent threads i post being locked by a mod within 20 minutes of posting

Don’t post stuff that doesn’t belong.

The newbie dojo isn’t a matchmaking section. Any matchmaking posts you make there will be closed.

Well for starters, posting the same question in different parts of the forum is generally frowned upon. I don’t really know how this thread is any different than the one you already posted in site feedback, which was answered already. What are you still not clear on exactly?

I only see one locked thread under your account too, so… are other threads of yours being deleted?

At any rate, it really depends on the section you’re posting in. Most of the big sections here (newbie dojo, fighting game discussion, SF4, etc) will have rules posts stickied up at the top with rules, what kind of stuff should be posted there, etc. This is a large and active forum, so the moderators actively try to keep things organized.

The newbie dojo rules, for example:

As I posted in the thread that I locked of yours:

If you’re looking for people locally, please use regional matchmaking.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/regional-matchmaking

If you’re looking for online matches, please use the appropriate forum/thread under online outlets:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/categories/online-outlets

If you have gameplay questions, you’re welcome to post them up here in the newbie dojo.

I see that you already posted a matchmaking thread in online outlets (which hasn’t been closed).

alright gotcha i honestly forgot i posted those asnobody replies

Have you tried the big sticky thread for SF4 matchmaking there?

There seems to be lots of people who’ve posted their PSN IDs there. You may have better luck just adding other people than waiting for people to add you.

But yeah, I’m merging this with the thread in site feedback. This is more of a general “halp! how do I use SRK?” than a newbie dojo thread. Like I’ve said before, if you have gameplay questions, post them up in the newbie dojo.

so what kind of threads dont get locked immediately? im kind of desperate for USF4 help and contacts, yet every thread i make regadless of the board i post on is locked within 15 minutes. was i being offensive or something, dont really get it.

alright understood

I got my thread closed by a mod saying I was trolling. I wasn’t trolling and was totally sharing a sincere question/story. Why was it closed when I wasn’t trolling? Can mods just close any thread they want? Seriously.

pretty much, these are private boards, not appleforums. you can be banned just because they don’t like you, happened many times here

Where can I complain about this shit?

meh, not worth it most of the time. message forums are on the decline anyway, everyone’s on instagram, twitter, etc. word gets around.

so a small niche forum like this one, most people probably won’t care either way. let them have their cake. but if it happens somewhere bigger, you can always go to press, complain to corporate, get a lawyer… stuff like that

the absolute last thing i’d ever do is go terrorist on people. with things the way they are, dude that’s your funeral

If you really feel slighted that I closed your two threads about taking a shit or about pissing in your roomate’s food, feel free to contact the admins.

:joy: