Clerks iii- i'm not even supposed to be here today!

Kevin Smith just posted this on his facebook page:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/600386_10151279507581930_2094385539_n.jpg

“THE BEGINNING OF THE END
20 years ago today, we started shooting CLERKS.
20 years later, with no plan or provocation, I jumped out of bed at 4:20 this morning and started writing CLERKS III.
It’s been like hanging out with old friends.
And after 2 hours of tapping the keys and giggling, I have come to a conclusion…
CLERKS III will be the best film I’ll ever make.”

I am so hype as balls right now.

Hey try not to suck any dick on the way to the parking lot.

I liked Clerks 2 but didn’t like Clerks 1.

Clerks 2 was horrible besides the jail scene

Clerks 1 perfectly captured everybody in their early twenties

Clerks 3 will probably be mediocre, family man dante cheats on his hot wife with his ex girlfriend freshly out the psych ward

i love 1 but 2 is ehhhh to me

any clerks is better than Kevin Smith trying to do regular movies (see Red State)

smoochie boochies

Clerks 2 was infinitely better; funnier, better pacing, more relatable story, better acting, etc. Not even a contest.

i only heard good things of red state…and that cop movie was joookes.

I like both Clerks films but Mallrats is my fave Kevin Smith film

not saying it was bad, just kind of w/e and forgettable. had some ok points but too heavyhanded

My biggest worry is that since Kevin has become a generic stoner, the quality of his stuff has dropped off significantly, and Clerks 3 may suffer because of that

I’ll be honest and say I’m not a Kevin Smith fan. I have seen quite a few films by him up to and including Clerks 1 and 2, Mall Rats, Red State, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, I’ve been meaning to watch Zack and Miri. And the only one that I can say that I liked was Clerks 2. Jay and Silent Bob Strike back was funny the first two times I watched it but it doesn’t really hold up to repeat viewings. Red State was okay but didn’t do as much as it should with the concept.

I genuinely like Clerks 2. The part where Randall mocks the LOTR nerds cracks me up every time. The whole “Porch Monkey” bit had me rolling. And the naive jesus kid is fucking hilarious.

I liked seeing him talk about that never made Superman movie with Nicolas Cage though:

On the subject of that…

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1270411036/the-death-of-superman-lives-what-happened

“i grew up on a street, but not on the streets” i laughed.

i’m excited about clerks 3

Watch all the evening with Kevin Smith shows. They’re fucking great.

Have you seen Too Fat for 40? It’s a 2 hour Q&A where he only answers a single question. He does a little talking a the beginning for 20 minutes, then takes a question, then proceeds to give an hour and a half of background info to try and answer the question. It’s hilarious.

I still find Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back as his best movie to date. Not the most funniest movie around, but it always gives me a couple of laughs.

imo part of the charm of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is all the celebrity cameos feel more like Kevin Smith inviting his friends to the movie than an attempt to draw an audience with popular names. you get the sense they really had a blast making that movie.

and as a big time Star Wars fanboy, its always a hoot hearing Mark Hammil say “Don’t fuck with the Jedi Master, son!”

lol strikes back is such nerd fanservice and askanew fanservice all rolled into one fat blunt. i love it.

Oooh back to the Askewniverse. I am excited.