Cleared up. Thanks

Forgive me if this is old news but I couldn’t find any info on it. (Plus I am pretty new to HD Remix)

I’ve been talking to my friend (online, he lives far away) and he was complaining that one of his friends constantly sweep him when he’s getting up from a knockdown.

Thinking he wasn’t blocking low, I told him to hold down back to block it, but he said it didn’t help. It was during the animation of when the character was getting up.

Thinking that this was odd, I loaded up HD Remix and went into training mode with Ken and made sure to put Ryu on Auto Guard. Figuring I had nothing to lose I tried to sweep the dummy walk forward and repeat.

To my amazement I saw that my friend was right. You can get a infinite thing going on if you walk up and time the sweep properly.

Of course I haven’t been able to try this on a person to see if it was just a fault of the training dummy AI. I have nobody who really play Street Fighter with me at school.

Well that’s besides the point. I want to know if this is this normal. Or rather does it actually work on people? I mean I’d love to think that my friend was telling the truth in that he couldn’t block it, but I know that he isn’t the best player around.

Autoguard is bugged

CWheezy is right, the training mode’s dummy just doesn’t properly block all attacks. There is no such thing as a “sweep infinite” or “unblockable sweep” in this game.

Thanks for the clarification. I feel kinda dumb now, lol.

I’ll just tell my friend to make sure he’s actually blocking low before insisting that it’s unblockable.

Again, thanks for the help. I’m glad you guys were nice in letting me know.

Also, maybe the particular corner on the joystick isn’t working. Though if it isn’t, the char will appear to stand…
Check it out.