Chun-li Video/Discussion Thread

[media=youtube]bzBiDIZhEjU&feature=related"[/media]

Just a decent Chun, in the match he does make a lot of mistakes, but I’m posting it because he also does a lot of things right too. Sometimes its good to watch mid-level players, because its easier to pick up and understand their strategies, rather than shoot straight for the top.

yea that vid is kinda old but it was a pretty good Chun. Cant wait for the Console release

Man you raped Mike Z :rofl: good shit Holy Voice:pray::clapdos:

I will soon have my match (that I lost) against McRomes. He played Ryu…they were close games but he ended up 2-0’ing me with some amazing comebacks. I just need to find who’s camera was recording it and have it uploaded. I placed 16th at the tournament, had 4 pools of 16 man brackets, it was huge. Gootecks won it, was a fun top 16 to witness.

But seriously, can someone have the original Chun thread opened? Now it’s like we can’t talk directly or casually anymore…always gotta post facts and whatnot.

Well I don’t mean to double post. It’s been a few days anyways so here goes.

Chun vs Akuma

http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/118/

Someone wanted that matchup in the matchup thread…but yeah, this is a good example.

edit: OMG THAT WAS A SICK FINISH!!!

edit2: more matches of that Chun player included in the video, vs Ken, and vs Fuerte. Dude, this Chun player is sick, he definitely utilizes Chun’s tools to her finest, this is a must-see.

Great video, low jab beats low forwards? Didn’t know the ultra would work through air fireball and the ken empty jump? Did the Ken player not block or Chun timed it perfectly as he lands?

http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/111/

Another awesome Chun playing a full 3 games after the first match. I’m getting so many ideas off of these videos…had to share another one.

edit: The way he handled that Balrog player was INSANELY beautiful. Zoning with the close fierce anti airs, and fireball into far fierce anti air…so many things correct about this video.

We have to find out what he knew the rog player was going to do though…there’s a reason why rog didn’t jump early roundhouse, or focus on countering with sweeps. It’s not shown in the video…so for now we can only assume. Too bad we can’t ask the Chun player himself…

edit: http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/103/

Yet ANOTHER sick Chun. This site is greatness.

man that rog match was beautiful… brings tears to the eyes:sweat:

he played EXACTLY how i was talking about, save to super, dont use ex legs, ex sbk if the nigga gets jumpy…

i dont get him abusing the st . fierce tho, rogs fierce or roundhouse flatout beats close fierce… and then he gets jabs to headbutts to ultra for landing one…

only thing i can think of is maybe focus attack against the early jumpin gets a crumple easier… cause the chun did get one of those off…

maybe she could use early cr.strong as a meaty thus getting plus frames for a link… dont know.

-edit OMG THAT CHUN V AKUMA MATCH WAS AWESOME!!! that chun was NICE and the akuma was hard as fuck also.
http://zoome.jp/nsb/diary/103/

-dime

What was that move after the Hazan Shu at 3:49 VS Fuerte? Never seen that flip kick b4.

chun_li1

D/f+lk

and yes… i’m mega bored…

dime

[quote=“Dime_x, post:30, topic:52551”]

D/f+lk/QUOTE]

Some uhmm, whats that move good for? Her equivalent to ST chuns D/F + MK?

Why was that Chun doing it?

chun_li1

he didnt mean to do it… there was a crossup if you can remember, he meant to do a cr.lk from d/b.

the purpose of the move is as an AA, i wrote up a bit of theory fighter on it a while back in the chun-li thread… but the move comes out slower than i expected… it has upper body invincibility from frames 3-11 and hits on the 10th and 11th frames and is airborn for much of the move. i will be going into training mode to practice the moves timing versus many jumpins once i get console… its to risky to practice at the arcade.

-dime

cheers for these vids guys, my girlfriend will enjoy. (she plays chun li alot)

Ah, I see. Thx for clarification.

Looking forward to your analysis on that move. Upperbody invincibility always sounds good (when you come from GG).

chun_li1

Great vids, thank you MagnetoManiac for posting them! Aside from Nuki and Nemo, the SFIV ranking site shows that the best Chun’s were out in Aichi/Nagoya, and now I can see why. We don’t have too many good Chun’s out in Osaka, so these are invaluable in helping me to step up my Chun game.

For Akuma’s air fireball, Chun didn’t go through it, rather dash ultra’d under it. You can get away with it if the angle and spacing allows you to. If not, you’d have to try SADC Ultra.

As for the Ken jump…I’m not sure. The only thing I can figure is that Ken didn’t have enough energy to survive chip damage, so he tried to land and throw out a counter move but it didn’t come out in time.

Also, anyone else notice the successful Chun ultra against a BLOCKED Blanka sweep? That was nice.

Fierce shuts down much of Rog’s footsie and offense game. I sort of discovered it on accident, and ever since I haven’t had too many problems with Rogs. Mainly at a distance though, once Rog gets close your best strategy is to find a way to escape and make him work to try and get in again.

hahahah yeah az, i know about the FAR st. fierce versus rog both in the air when he jumps in from far and when used against him on the ground… what i was talking about was the CLOSE st.fierce used as an AA.

i know that you posted that it was good versus balrog awhile back… so i took it to the arcade and played againsrt one of our best rogs out here in cali, YES close st.fierce was taking out one of the heavy jumpin attacks from rog like nothing, I CLEANLY AA’d him like 5 times in a row with him switching distances and timings. but then he started jumping with the OTHER heavy attack and it was TOTALLY stuffing my close st. fierce… i couldnt let that happen as chun loses like 40% hp for doing that AA and getting it stuffed. sure i could have used a different AA in order to beat out that second heavy that he was using… but then i’m at a guessing game where i do like 8% damage if i guess right but take 40% for guessing wrong.

thats not a viable guess imho, so i went back to using jsu HK and block for my AA’s versus rog when he jumps from close.

what i was wondering in that video was why the rog never switched to the other heavy to cleanly take out chuns close st. fierce.

makes me wonder if my timing was off when i used it versus the rog player out here…

doesnt seem likely as it was beating out the other heavy EVERYTIME…

also, chun can ultra through akumas air fireballs and land full ultra against him as long as he throws the fireball on the way down from his jump… timing is admittedly weird tho.

-dime

Ah…hmm, I haven’t had too many problems with using SC.FP as AA, but then again, maybe the Balrog’s I’ve played against did the same as the one in the video. Also, if the jump-in is coming really deep and I was crouching, I usually just go for EX SBK.

wow there really are good chuns in nagoya. i never see any of those guys from the nagoya street battle videos. i’m pretty sure they all play in an arcade that’s kind of out of the way for me to go to. but i think i might try to play in a 3on3 nagoya street battle event next month so maybe i can meet some of these fully radical chun players. and i’ll try to figure out where these dudes are at on a daily basis too.

What does “SC” mean?

Standing Close