Chun-Li Teams and Strategies

Thanks

Great matches, I really wanted to see some tronn/chun in action.

That instant overhead+tronn is hella nasty, and every person on
the team compliments each other well. Thank God chun’s AA is high
priority. I really want to experiment with that team when I get the chance.

Keep em coming, especially since there aren’t many high level chun
players out there. At least none I’ve seen I could be wrong. The only
quality chuns I’ve seen on the net is shin and risuno ( not hating on
anyone that I don’t know plays chun on that level:sweat: ).

Thanks for the encouragement again with those vids, I would also
like to see some chun/sent/cap or just chun/cap in general, but those
3 would probably be the main assists I would use with that team
(chun/sent/cyc_cap_tronn). I would only use chun/cap if I was assured
it was good and if they help each other out.

Cyc is great for doom rocks, tronns damage is sexy though. Chun’s triple
jump is a much under rated asset that she has, and with the ability to
call an assist to punish from the top of the screen is great (ex:cap AA for run
away storm).

I enjoyed the vids thanks again :coffee:

I started using Cable/Chun/Capcom. so what do you think of this team

Chun Li baby!!!
There’s a combo I have with Chun Li/Ken (exp type). You can either do it mid-screen or corner. You can either ad in w/Ken or stand w/Ken. The ad is (bare with me here) ad+lp(or lk), lk, hk (NOT frwd+hk or dwn +hk), Ken, ad + hk, land, hk launch, lp, lk, lp, lk, hk. WHEW!!! Note: With the ad + hk after Ken, you have to wait a bit, so it will land. The corner combo is sicker, cause there are numerous ways to finish the combo. Here’s a list of different ways to do the corner combo:

Corner Combo #1 ad+lp,lk,hk,Ken,ad+hk,land,spinning air kick (cool combo)
Corner Combo #2- ad + lp, lk, hk, Ken, ad + hk, land, hk, Hazan Tensho Kyaku (anti-air super), Kiko Sho (energy blast) or Senretsu Kyaku (lightning kick super). After the Kiko, you can cr.lk into aerial combo. You can cancel her spinning kick into Senretsu after they land from the Kiko blast, badass full combo. Treat it like Cable psimitar/hvb, but quicker input.
Corner Combo #3- While opponents in the corner, grab them. Once they bounce up, cr. lk, hk, dash downwards hella quick, repeat, cr.lk, Ken, vary…
This isnt really a combo, because they can roll out of it. But the speed of her dash while theyre going up (after launch) is really fast. I have other teams, but you guys asking about combos and such, reminded me of the old combos I used to do with sexy legs…ooops…uh…Chun-Li.

Been playing with chun AAA lately… lots of possibilities… combine with an air hyper from a point toon and DHC out again for assist kills…

example…

Ryu+chun (some low tier ish i’ve been playing with to assist punish)

opp call assist… counter call with chun and s.jump up/back… lp hadoken, lp hadoken xx shinku hadoken xDHCx wtver (I like captain sword or proton cannon). Does almost 100% to an assist… and is VERY safe…

Gotta jump up/back to make the first hadoken whiff… so they fly up past it and land on it as the fall back down.

Chuns AAA is not only high priority, quick, ect… like so many other AAA’s… but it carries em for a bit… and opens up a lot of extended air combo situations…

Can also use it with ironman like peeps use capcom with sent… to extend air combos/do mid air resets… can mid air reset an unfly combo with it pretty smoothly.

I really just discovered recently how much I love her AAA!!

Shakugan: so Shakunetsu buddy, I would say that is a good team but not that well balanced… I mean… tons of AAA but no groung cover u know… Cable/Chun/Commando may work well though… maybe with chun at point to build barsmmm… well… whatu think, Shakudan?

9Revolta: these combos r cool, but I think if u r using ken,isnt sexier using his AAA? XD I mean… I tryed soome combos and some stuf with Ken expension… but AAA in gameplay helps a lot more IMO.

MadTitan: Ryu/Chun-B or Chun/Ryu-B works pretty well I agree. what U have to add more is like c.lk+ryu, c,mp, c.mk xx 1000kicks works andu can DHC into Shinkuu so they make a good pair… I thinkchun on point to build bars and Ryu to spend then is a nice srategy too

I see with what your saying about the anti airs. Maybe ill change the team up a Little bit Chun Li/Storm/Cable i think that team could do more damage.

Do you think this team is better?

IMG is really great. Chun-li build bars for storm or cable.
Storm-a is a really really great assist for chun-li and cable
cable-b as well, u can link IOH stomp into scimitar, thats huge.

well looking at the teams u will have

Chun-li with Storm and AA = Really good
Storm + 2 AA = Storm IMO gets more godly with a AA then a cover assist, so yeah… Storm is really strong here
Cable with AA and ground = what he needs \o\

with that team u will have many options like safe DHC, counter viper, throw into assist and as well u can change styles a lot, runaway or rushdown cause u have enough assist to change.

Btw, u will have many easy combos with chun-li as well hardcore ones for bigger damage and all, I try not to use cable for personal choise, but Chun-li and Cable have a good sinergy.

I can get more detailed if u want but thats my superficial opinion, it is a really good team.

The more detailed you get the better it will help me learn. I need lots of help

Different styles…
I like the anti-air, but its really the same if youre executing a lot of jab start-ups. It may be better in heavy casuals or tourney play, cause of the whole rushdown, so Id advised his anti-air. But from a combo standpoint (like the crazy stuff I listed), its better to do xtype. Also, its possible to juggle off of the expy with Ken, so thats really sexy!!! We all have our styles, anything or everything can work for each individual.

After some matches online ( I am playing a lot actually) I had a lot of troubles vs good sent/AA… actually I suffered more against the teleporter ones (if u know what I mean u.u)… so I switched to Chun-li/Sent/Cyclops, Its working so well…

Sadly the shom series combos on PS3 is not working perfectly so its hard to do anything but the magic series… but the mixup and calling cyclops from SJ Height is proving to be deadly.

and looking at the partial teams:

Chun-li/Sent/Cyclops: Perfect ground cover and one of the best AA of the game, that make an easy setup for an easy combo. Has DHC of Death and safe DHC.

Sent/Cyclops/Chun-li: Sent with 2 AAs. safe DHC or Cheap-to-death DHC. not much to say since Sent with AA is already strong, but Sent/Cyke is one of the strongersts duos of the game.

Cyclops/Chun-li/Sent: Maybe the worst combination since u dont have safe DHC, but Cyclops/Sent is really powerfol for itself since the normals of CYclops have really high priority and some deadly cheap damage.

Well… there r more stuff, but man… I am loving this team XD

What it is?? Still playing that chun online?

I really cant stand the ps3 version that i played, havent played the patch yet.

But I still play when I can, hoping to find some more competition when i move wherever im moving too. Maybe P-cola???!?!?!??!???

:wow::wow::wow::pray::china::cool:

well… for chun its not any better, but at least I get some fights since here the scenario is even lower then before…

The bigest problem is that u cant Uppershom if u hit stomp too early, causes a bug that u cant do anything for almost a second after u hit stomp. At least it happens only in combos

its fun in a way \o\

I am now confused again… chun/cyc is good, but withouth uppershom its really hard to punish big stuff… with cyc I need 4 mixups, with tron only 2 =\

Im pretty new here but I wanna learn how to play chun! do you guys play on xbl? If so add me! :slight_smile:

^^

I love Chun-Li in MvC because you can combo with her low kicks ^^

I prefer playing MvC on MAME to practice for the arcades ^^

im starting “serious” marvel now -_-. and i started in 02/03. way to be late, yeah.
im doing chun/iron man/capcom. any ideas?
what version of chun should i use? projectile assist seems to suck. does she have a tenshokyaku assist?

Yeah its her AAA. That is honestly a pretty solid team, just requires a ton of execution. Not to mention tons of work to get in against top tiers for big damage. I would recommend putting all 3 on AAA, it will give you tons of angles for counter hit at the very least.

Best advice i can give with that team is to try and kill a character with a dhc, then guard break everyone with iron man xD

Dont forget you can control the air really well with both of those characters/cap, you can even give storm and sent trouble in the air if you learn the matchups and normals to full extent. You can also do j.lk + cap AAA, stomp, AD lk (pause) RH, s.lp, launcher with chun. Thats a really solid overhead to damage pattern if you can get it down.

thanks. I asked in the “newbie” section and they basically were telling me “shame on you scrublet, you aren’t using top tier, you aren’t special fopr using a low tier, you’ll lose.”

Hm, and then there are dudes like vdo who use the lowest tier possible and beat peoples asses that are using top tier. Oh and clockwork, he only uses ONE god tier. mike z doe snot use god tier and he also beats god tiers with just the sheer damage. they were all looking at me like I was crazy because they thought I was all OMFG I WAN BEAT JSTIN WONG craps diaper when really I just wanted a decent team that wasn’t, idunno, the most overused thing to ever exist, knowing that this game was dying. because people always jump to whatever is new and then like 10 years later they get all teary eyed about it and it’s suddenly a “classic”. like x men cota or x vs sf, or super turbo. super turbo was kind of dead on arrival and got more popular in the usa as time went on I blv.

also chun is underrated. she can outrun most characters, beats the crap out of sent up close, her super goes though sent bs, she builds a ton of meter, can triple and wall jump…
I’m missing a backdash in the air though. that should be fixed in marvel 3 as well, seriously. What were they thinking taking airdahses from people?

She’s bad vs mags or storm though, I can say that.

I really do nto get this game’s balance job. Nerf everyone but certain dudes. “ROOO?”

I think the main thing using chun li on ps3 is use her normal inf … her stomp chancel is gone (85%) …i just feel that good mashing 2 keep her in the air for a long time using ll or just to get ll really fast is a must … Tron is by far the best assist for Chun ironman beta is quite good as well because you can do stuff like low lk and assit or jump and star her inf call tron or crosup into inf or call tron back dash…or and punish them if they try to run wild on tron … most of the time you will be jumping and air dashing to keep it a ground game so how to pick beside chun and tron … capcom or storm or Sentinel …but if you ask me this is hard 2 tell because i use chun as a fun char … if you pick msp i pick scrub or santrax or combofiend … and if i feel like it a blackheart based team or duc or clock … but if you pick guile iceman gambit stuff like that i will go using chun or ken or hulk … so you have 2 test your chun vs the top 4 and see if you can rush them chase them run away or how 2 handle them … just an example vs magneto i’m trying 2 run away and punish stuff that he messed up calling my assist only if he is far away most of the time avoiding snapbacks so capcom and ironman above tron or storm or sentinel assist … if i play against cabel i will try to chase him and i will jump and tripple jump a lot or wave dash calling my assist only when im close 2 him and mixing my overhead and low attacks and side switching using airdash and jumps like call assist jump … playing against storm is just chasing her trying not 2 be 2 fancy but 2 be close so that you stay close but not 2 close here i like a good anti air assist like capcom … but ass i said before normally i play mid vs mid and high vs high so if we leave the top 4 behind you will have way more ground game action and chun is quite fast compared 2 most of the other chars …thats why i 'm not so sure if i 'm even trying the right strategy … but face it any lowtier fighting the top 4 has 2 have a plan … even if you play your plan you can still lose but if you fall for their game you will lose 95% for sure … storm is a special case because if she plays run away you chase her somehow but she will build a lot of meter anyway and you have 2 be very very patient and careful …but if she play’s rushdown you will have 2 block well and run away and she can switch any second … mostly they will be a bit aggressive before they chip you using hailstorm … like always try 2 roll if you get hit by the hailstorm this can save your day and then you can punish them sometimes …or at lees get less damage …go train this it is so good no matter ho you play set the cpu on safefall and see how its done 90% you will really benefit from this roll … so if you get it out 50 to 60% whenever you are hit by her hailstorm you are quite a thread like duc when he pushblocks hsf …
by the way dont play chun strider … it’s like fighting solo nearly no assist help and even strider as well as chun need an assist 2 cover them and maybe the chance 2 rescue the assist . if needed …like being on the other side … or super or whatever …