Chun Li General Thread: Blue Jade

Its hard to say, one thing that kept Chun down in certain match ups was she lost heavily to vortex and people who could change their jump arc .Now with Vortex being gone and heavily shunned , she will likely get a chance to play her game more often, but thats just on system alone.
She is very different to even the first build, they removed moves like that air hazanshu type move that ground bounces , she can now legs in the air , she has Sen’en Shuu instead of hazanshu(i don’t know why because the latter is ment to be a improvement ) . Her grounded legs no long do a juggle state, and her v trigger has been shifted to normals from speicals which kinda nerfed it but i see why people complained. honestly she looks pretty damm third strike at the moment

Is her air whirly kick gone? I didn’t see it in the newest footage O.O

She looks better than ever imo. I’m glad her LLegs are an half circle command like SFxT. The only thing I noticed is that it looks like her Hazanshu is gone…also her V-Skill doesn’t seem as strong but I hope it gets some kind of invincibility or projectile invulnerability. Other V-Skills like Ryu’s parry ar far better. Otherwise she looks pretty fun to play and I can’t wait to get my hands on her when SFV comes out :slight_smile:

Yeah I was just gonna ask about the air spin kick from the first trailer, it seems to be completely gone. Its a shame because the character desperately needed some fresh moves

New game, new systems, with a Chun that’s possibly based more on her earlier incarnations than on SFIV So IV it’s expected that IV specific stuff wont work anymore.

In any case, I have the nagging feeling that Hoyouku Sen will be jump cancellable (just like it was super jump cancellable in 3rd Strike) and one of the most natural follow up for that is the j.HP target, being able to extend further from that might be too much. In any case, you already get a crossunder reset possibility off it.

Frame by frame of the blockstun/frame data on her back+HP.

http://i.imgur.com/vmjcgxt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0cd6waj.jpg

Seems to be at least -1 on block. That said, it has enough push back that she can’t get hit by jabs anyway.

That said, what we really need to know is how good its hitbox is. In 3rd Strike, back+HP’s hitbox made it the GOAT and her answer to almost everything.

0:37 - 0:40 provides an excellent example of that. First it stuffs something from a mile away, then it whiffs barely out of range of another of Ryus pokes.

It’s obviously not 3rd Strike-levels of dumb but it looks pretty good.

Her Critical Art I do believe is Jump cancelable at the end. I’m 99% sure I read either Combofiend or one of the many interviews that was posted last week that there was a “slight” juggle state.

The Whirl wind Kick sort of an Air-SBK on an angle is probably taken out and replaced with her MVC3 style Air LLegs. We’ll know for sure with Fiend does his character breakdowns in a few days. But I’m totally thinking a juggled opponent with Stomps xx LLegs (hold down charge) land and EX SBK could highly work.

To go along with the B+HP discussion, in one of the videos she combos B+Hp, Cr. Mk xx LLegs
looks sweet as a combo but I’m wondering what/if you can hit confirm into B+Hp?
I’ve also seen Cr.mk combo into Cr. Lk, which is interesting I wonder if you can go Lk - Mk though
Cr. Lp, Cr.mk is still available
I’m also really curious if combos such as: Cr. Lk, Cr.Lp, Cr. Hp xx LLegs is possible here like it was in SFxTk.
That was a pretty simple BNB in that game with a fair amount of utility considering you can use any special and be in the opponent face because Cr. Hp moves her forward.

Back to the B+Hp in the Omega verison of Chun she could C.Lp, St.Lp, B+Hp xx LLegs
So that could very well carry over to SF5.

Which is all I’m concerning myself with - what works and what doesn’t, combo theory etc., so I can start compiling my notes.

It is kinda silly that Kikouken is still a charge, but considering the 4 opponents (I’m including the mirror match) that are currently available - Turtling doesn’t appear to be very effective option in this game.

double fierce link

yes plz

Also the “Blue Jade” thing… no gurl. Chun came first.

All I really want to know (aside from if b.HP will be the GOAT once again) is if she has multiple ways to confirm into CA. 3rd Strike allowed her to cancel into SA2 from stuff such as cr.mk, b.HP, close st.HK. This played alot into her rushdown game where, combined with kara throws, she made her opponents afraid to press buttons when she had meter because she could counter hit or parry and then confirm into super for 40+%. If she has multiple ways to do so once again, then she’ll be a pretty decent character in the game.

b.HP xx V-trigger - c.MK xx LLegs xx super is confirmed to work already. And setting up b.HP xx V-trigger from a knockdown already looks really scary even if it’s blocked, because her V-trigger gives her a 2-hit c.MK. If both hits are cancelable (which it looks like they are: check the video I posted at 9:43) it looks like it might be very easy to confirm that into super.

She has hazanshu still. Saw her do it in one video.

Oh and yeah, she can jump cancel after her super. It’s just in most videos it only lands when it kills. They’re really making sure both Ryu and Chun Li capture a lot of 3S in their motions and attacks. Especially now that Ryu’s gi is a bit more roomy and actually moves around he definitely has a bit of that 3S visual flare to him now. The smoother animation makes Chun Li’s attacks look more stylized as well.

Yeah but its the SFA version that doesn’t go airborne

It’s got the same animation, but strongly doubt it’s the SFA-version, considering that the SFA-version was invincible x_x

There is no hazanshu in her command list, sawit on ign, but she has a command normal that can be mistaken for a hazanshu; but i like better her vskill since you can hop over a projectile>j.hpx2>combo for more damage.

Waiting for people to try out meaty lp. kikoken into v-skill on wakeup.

On a related note, that’s probably one of the reasons why they changed her air combo ender from the spin kick into air hyakuretsukyaku. The former gave better positioning by having the opponent right at her feet, they might have thought that that, plus her v-skill or v-trigger might be too much. I’m guessing air legs has them fall slightly farther out.

Well her command normal has the exact same animation as her Alpha/VS game hazanshu so its probably just been turned into a command attack now.

It was not invincible. That move (Sen’en Shu) evades high attacks and throws during most of its startup but loses to lows (specifically a low hitbox).

I didn’t notice whether the move Chun Li is doing in SF5 got hit by a high or low attack, but even if it’s just an overhead I can work with it. She doesn’t seem to announce the move before she does it which would make it harder to react to mid-match. Hopefully more information about it will be posted by people testing it at E3.

I’m sure the title means

And not the MK character. :blush: