Chris Half screen-ish unblockable set up with assists

Hey guys, I recently found an unblockable setup with Chris’s jumping d.H and a low assist. I use deadpools quick work, but She-Hulks slide and Nova’s rocket punch look like they might work too. Its a little difficult to time but well worth it.

I usually do a combo into Chris’s sweep combo hyper then snap back a character in. While I’m waiting on them to come in, I throw an H grenade, then usually a j.mmhs to keep them in block stun and let them fall into the grenade. From here you’ll usually get push blocked about mid screen or you can just dash back yourself, call the low assist while jumping, then d.H while in the air.

Quick work is amazing because it gives Chris enough time to land and get a magnum, or dash in for a full combo. Im sure a few other lows work the same. Anyway my disk broke, and Im far away from my playgroup so I just had to talk about my favorite bro Chris to someone. I hope this helps someone, and if you know of any other good assist please let me know.

Chris gunshot doesn’t hit overhead…

This setup doesn’t work because jumping gunshot doesn’t need to be blocked high.

If you go for the cr.H plus a high assist (Nova or Viper, for instance), you can get some crazily ranged unblockables though.

If you go to practice and set the guard to block low and med it doesn’t block jumping gun.Try it.

I mean correct me if I’m wrong, but I tried it this weekend and it worked. I know SRK’s ultimate guide says it doesn’t, but it did in practice.

There is no ‘block low and mid’ setting, maybe you had it on ‘block low’, in which case the computer will only block lows. In any case, if you want to test if something hits high or not, set the dummy to ‘crouch’ and ‘all guard’, then do the attack and if the dummy stands up and blocks, it hits high. If the dummy remains crouched and blocks, it’s not a high. Chris’ gun shot is unfortunately the latter. You can record Chris using jump d.h and block it low yourself if you’d like. The concept was really cool though.

As a rule of thumb, projectiles won’t really ever hit high, for any character, as a general balance. Not just in UMvC3 but in almost every fighter. It’d be a tad too powerful if you think about it.

Yeah I just got to play the game today I’m stupid. Honestly I think it would help Chris’s game out alot. It seems like vergil is a 9-1 against chris.

Right there with you on that.

Like Joe said, down H or forward M along with Nova’s Centurion Rush or Viper’s kick are the only ranged unblockables I can think up. It can be interesting to throw out if they’re blocking a grenade.

if you got the game today, ur too far behind.

dont waste your time tyring to figure out stuff. steal it from the other chris players that do well with him.

Maybe for fundamentals, but trying to figure things out is how a character advances. The top players aren’t always the ones coming out with new tech and sometimes someone new to character finds something interesting because they have a fresh perspective on them. The post is a couple of months old regardless.