Chikara no Hadou: Evil Ryu Strategies & Match-up Thread

I will updated as the info gets here. Spoilers are empty for now.

Abel

Spoiler

Adon

Spoiler

Akuma

Spoiler

Balrog

Spoiler

Blanka

Spoiler

C. Viper

Spoiler

Cammy

Spoiler

Chun-Li

Spoiler

Cody

Spoiler

Dan

Spoiler

Dee Jay

Spoiler

Dhalsim

Spoiler

Dudley

Spoiler

E. Honda

Spoiler

El Fuerte

Spoiler

Evil Ryu

Spoiler

Fei Long

Spoiler

Gen

Spoiler

Gouken

Spoiler

Guile

Spoiler

Guy

Spoiler

Hakan

Spoiler

Ibuki

Spoiler

Juri

Spoiler

Ken

Spoiler

M. Bison

Spoiler

Makoto

Spoiler

Oni

Spoiler

Rose

Spoiler

Rufus

Spoiler

Ryu

Spoiler

Sagat

Spoiler

Sakura

Spoiler

Seth

Spoiler

T. Hawk

Spoiler

Vega

Spoiler

Yang

Spoiler

Yun

Spoiler

Zangief

Spoiler

Reserved 1

*Reserved 2

*Reserved 3

really look forward to helping out the evil ryu forum guys! It’s gonna be a great journey we’re gonna have with him!! I really can’t wait to main him! He so sexy!

I timed a meaty cr.MK vs Akuma today as he did wakeup ultra 1… and beat it clean :o

I also saw meaty c.mk beat yun/yang (cant remember) u2

it can means only one thing: too much active frames.

Lots of active frames only makes it easy to meaty. Does not help it beat any moves. Hitboxes however…

It’s technically both. The hitbox goes all the way across, and it’s active enough to outlast the invincibility, which is good. The cr.mk I did to beat Gouki ultra was very early.

E Ryu can punish blocked Blanka ball with super

U2 also works (against far HP blankaball atleast)

After HCF+MK against Blanka you cannot do cr.MP xx LK Tatsu because it causes the Tatsu to whiff, you must use cr.LP. Also you can punish a blocked heavy horizontal Blanka ball by dashing forward and using cr.HP xx whatever.

you can’t do Dash, lk tatsu to cross up blanka after a front throw, you’ll just stay floating in front of him while he gets up.

lk axe kick is punishable by SRK on block. mk and hk are not. mk axe kick can be punished by Ken’s super, implying it’s -2 on block.

s…mp and c.mp beats all of hondas headbutts even ex and c.hp beats the butt thing

This one works alot more than it sounds:
If your opponent is across the screen and you throw a lp hadoken. Then let them jump over it at the last second. you can bait an hk tetsu and catch them for 2 hits. If you input the tetsu during their forward jump animation. It’s great on reaction. Anything less than 2/3rds of the screen and it’s open for any jumping counterattack.

What are my options after a forward throw and a back throw?

After a forward throw. If you time it right, move next to your oppnent. You can hk tetsu before they stand and it will hit twice on cross up. Because of how fast it moves, it is safe on most blocks aside from certain character specific moves. (IE: cammy’s horizontal cannon spike, but not the vertical if the second hit of the tetsu connects)

If you have the time, check out this video from WinnerStaysOn:

As for the back throw, im not sure. Since it puts a little too far to make up the distance quickly. Maybe a short teleport to bait and switch with?

You can set up a crossup tatsu after both throws.