Check this! Launcher assist.. pretty good

Alright… thanos assists are mostly crappy right? nope…

well… guess what… thanos launcher assist… is now broken… or so it seems… try it out… and rather than jumping up and fallowing through with air air combo w/yer point… pause a sec or two… jump at em and air grab… its like… auto land wtf…

i was using it to setup air grab for hulk at ground level… and chaining it with my ground normals to several different 100% combos… for hulk it meant OTG… but still ground combo to call thanos to auto air grab… OTG gamma charge xx hyper wtver… easy mode…

this assist has real potential used to setup air grabs out of ground combos… and then wtver nastiness that char can follow their air grab with… plz try and report back… its interesting…

>>Update<<
Yup… seems like any character I choose can pretty much auto land their air grab off this assist… just be in the air… air grabbing right as they start downward descent… they can start blocking at this point… but thats about it… and it wont save em…

basicly you are there grabbing at just the right moment… nice thing is if they somehow manage to toss out a really fast 1 frame attack in between hit stun and getting grabbed… your failed grab attempt will leave a nice high priority fierce attack in their face… and possibly another option tree… depending on point char…

>>Update 2<<
Even more broken with flight mode character on point… even slow ones… like doom…

try this… jab, call thanos launcher assist, jab xx flight… fly into position slightly… grab… you can get them before they can do anything just about every single time…

Wow I’ll have to try this later on today when I get home. Gives me something else to do with him besides jump in-combo-launch-soul steal. It may not do shitloads of damage but it sure is fun to pull off :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s really only worth it unless you have a point character with an air grab that is hard to tech, easy to combo out of, or both… if you do… then its better than his other assists… (still not saying a lot…lol)

It just happens 2 be that dr.doom and thanos r on my team. I tried it out and it works and now i’m trying 2 do air-grab super with doom.

with doom…

midscreen

lk, lk, call thanos… jump up and grab with b+hk, air photon shot… (you’ll probably need to do reverse motion here… as doom will toss em to the other side of him.) Can be rolled out of I believe…

corner

lk, lk, call thanos… jump up and grab with f+hp… let them drop down to the ideal level and do air photon shot…

use dooms flight mode and its even easier plus you can mix up which side you go to… and make em try to tech to the wrong side.

That seems pretty cool. Kinda like Mags launcher or Sent’s. Deception is the main thing with these assist, because they are so magnified by their ellaborate action. Ive worked on these, not Thanos’, and have created some decent combos. Storm/Silver/Mags. With Storm, I just lk,lp w/Mags launcher assist. This pops em’ up directly, making them come straight down. When theyre in the air, dash to the other side, and (hopefully) lightning attack/ super. Its a high percentage tactic (as far as the element of suprise), but your opp will catch on, so work other tactics into it. Once you super with Storm, dhc into Silver Sams lightning super…They’ll be right above you, so it’ll take a lot of damage.