Check Out My New Arcade Stick! (No Image Quoting)

Double Post

2 Likes

Been messing around with clear carbon fiber vinal wrap. I’m pretty happy with the results. Now I just need my art work then I can put it all back together.[URL=http://s483.photobucket.com/user/hemi34/media/20180406_173822_zpskd4g7b3g.jpg.html][/URL]

8 Likes

Looks gorgeous.
How did you wrap it?
I wanna do something similar
How much thickness does it add to the material?

It can be installed two ways, wet method or dry method. I went dry method as it’s easy to install, u just peel off the backing paper carefully rub it on to the surface moving the air bubbles out.

I don’t really want to write whole step by step tutorial but u can buy it on Ebay. It comes with a paper that has installation instructions. A 2’ × 5’ sheet of clear vinal carbon design goes for about 15$ and should be enough.

Pretty much its the same process of applying vinyl wrap you use on anything else.

There tons of automobile vinyl wrap vids on you tube, just pick a few to watch.
For a stick you probability have a easier job than an auto panel.

As for wet or dry applications I agree with WHITE_4ND_N3RDY and do the dry method.
But you want to follow what ever your manufacturers specifications are.
You also want to take account of what you are wrapping, like if you are vinyl wrapping a laptop, do the dry method for obvious reasons.

I did the wet method with my Sega Saturn Virtua Stick overlay and it worked well. However, it was a flat job—with zero curves. Having the adhesive bite while wrapping around a corner I’m sure would help during the process.

For mounting a printed graphic with precision on a flat surface…wet application is the way to go.

1 Like

Customized my Qanba Q4RAF. Everything didn’t go as expected, but the end result is fine with me. Sanwa JLF with Seimitsu screw buttons. I was going to put an octagonal gate, but lately I’ve came to realization that I prefer square over octagon.

4 Likes

Just finished my first arcade stick. Allfightsticks case, Seimitsu buttons/ls-62 stick and a Brook ufb.

9 Likes

A couple of recent part-swap commissions for a client (all 3 for the same client); he picked the art and the parts-colors and all, I just did the manual work.
The TE2 was done up a year ago, but he recently sent it back to me for a bit of maintenance.
The TE was done about a month ago; the Atrox was done this week.

XBO KI TE2

Soul Calibur Ivy art
Sanwa dark blue balltop
Sanwa clear blue OBSC-30 x8

X360 SCV TE

Soul Calibur Ivy art (notice a theme?)
Focus Attack SCV plexiglass
Anodized purple top-screws
Sanwa violet balltop
Sanwa clear shaft/dust cover
Sanwa clear/white OBSC-30 x4
Sanwa clear/violet OBSC-30 x4

XBO Razer Atrox

DragonBall SSJ Goku/SSJ2 Gohan art (this one’s for his brother, otherwise, I’m sure it would’ve been Ivy art)
Sanwa yellow balltop
Sanwa transluscent yellow shaft/dust cover
Sanwa clear/white OBSC-30 x8
Brook UFB

4 Likes

I would like to show my new stuff!!

Hope you like it!!

5 Likes

[URL=http://s483.photobucket.com/user/hemi34/media/20180411_112229_zpsyiv8rxxe.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s483.photobucket.com/user/hemi34/media/20180411_112317_zpsgxwgh5v3.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s483.photobucket.com/user/hemi34/media/20180411_112339_zpsgerp9yme.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s483.photobucket.com/user/hemi34/media/20180411_112412_zpsvwqwsbyn.jpg.html][/URL]

Here is my re-done fightstick. I just updated the artwork, buttons & clear carbon vinal decal. Its duel modded with a Brooks UFB & a PS360+. It has a modded wico perfect 360 joystick to work on a il lorenzo joystick. I’m happy with the end result and this is by far the best stick I’ve had the pleasure of building and owning! Thanks to AFS, focus attack and paradise arcade for all there parts/help.

8 Likes

What are those small buttons you are using?

they look like anti-vandal buttons

There basically what darksakul said. I believe the mounting hole is 16mm and it’s just your standard spst toggle switch.

I changed them to raised buttons. I use to have flat black buttons but there uncomfortable. When u depress the button the outer rim digs into your finger. These raised buttons are a lot more comfortable to use and they have strong resistance so u can rest your fingers on the buttons and not worry about getting an accidental input!

1 Like

Bought a beaten up HRAP3 on ebay for pretty cheap recently. Changed the stocks parts with stuff I had lying around (besides the joystick). Never been a fan of Hori’s buttons nor the color scheme of this version of the HRAP. Put three bigger screws I had lying around and they happen to be pink.

Sanwa JLF, no mods.
8 Madcatz Brawlstick buttons with Sanwa switches
2 Seimitsu buttons.

Before (forgot to take a before photo so this is just the ebay listing photo)

After

no cute anime girl artwork :cry:

9 Likes

6 Likes

Very nice. And besides wood.

Congrats.

I’m also doing a stick of wood.

Work in progress… XD

4 Likes

Check out my old arcade stick…

Was gonna keep these for nostalgia value and just swap out for sanwa parts and a six axis pcb’s and keep them as dedicated final showdown sticks and for Tetris and shmups, but they just too small now.

I’m used to these big boys for so long, cannot use anything else comfortably now.
Although the R1 TE still feels good

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies.

New Thread