Character Properties (Questions):

Questions:

Alex - My tackles seemed to push him around but not actually hit him. In places I SWEAR a tackle would hit it’d just kind of… touch him, but no hit. I also couldn’t hit a double tackle in the corner (I’m guessing it’s lk tackle lp sphere, lk tackle, fierce in which case I’m an idiot).

Shotos - I know enough about shoto’s properties that I’m comfortable in my abilities in this matchup. Well, of course I lack knowledge on all fronts, but I know enough to fight comfortably and play my own game.

Makoto - I don’t play alot of Makoto players, but are the tackle properties the same as a shoto? Midscreen / Corner unblockable? I’m really out of my element fighting her, it really messes me up.

Chun - Even though she kind of broke the tier list, I never actually play any Chuns EVER, it’s quite bizarre. Anyway, I know that the corner is lk tackle lp sphere etc etc, but what other special properties does she have? I have noticed during my neutral throw > drop into aegis setup, she’s the only character that drops through without hitting it once. Also, what can I do for a midscreen unblockable? I’m guessing there are alot of tips and tricks I can use to my advantage through her odd properties, so shed some light for me on this one if you will ^^

Dudley - I’ve played a few good Duds, but I still have some problems knowing what to do in certain situations. In the corner, I can’t seem to double tackle OR lk tackle lp sphere etc, what are my options? If I remember right, my midscreen unblockable doesn’t work either.

Elena - Possibly the most annoying match up for me. Drops so fast that my timing for EVERYTHING is thrown off. Any and all Urien vs. Elena knowledge, PLEASE PLEASE SHARE WITH ME!!!

Hugo - I know to hit a corner combo you need to start with RH tackle. Also, during midscreen unblock, I sort of managed to make it work simply by hopping over with fierce headbutt. Is that the best way to do it, or is that all I can do?

Ibuki - I’ve managed to play a few Ibuki players that could really trash me hard, and I’m not comfortable in this matchup.

Necro - I have honestly never played one. I don’t know what to expect, or how to fight one.

Oro - I’ve played 1, maybe 2 Oros that could throw me for a loop. Any and all information would make me happy

Q - He seems to have some strange falling properties. Is there some way I can really shine against Q, or do I stick with shoto setups?

Remy - I have a friend who has a decent Remy, and I’ve managed to find out some things that work thanks to the RX vs. Pierrot match, but other then that I can’t list combos / setups will work off the top of my head.

Twelve - I forget what it was, but I believe it was the mid screen unblockable that really baffled me in this matchup. If I remember right, Twelve flips behind my head after a tackle? I’m not sure, I do remember he went over my head during some situations and I couldn’t figure it out at all.

The Twins - Also not a good matchup for me. I find TTH a real burden against them, they drop quick and the tiny little bastards can be anywhere they want at any time.

Anyway, I got a little lazy in my specifics, but I just want to know any cool tricks, combos, or general knowledge they know on these characters. I want to be able to fight any character and play my game, my way. When I play anyone other then a shoto, I feel really uncomfortable, my input becomes messy, and I just fall apart in general.

I look forward to what you guys have to share ^^

alex falls to fast for double tackle, gotta sphere him.

makoto is a sphere character too, but you can double tackle her and do shoto unblocks as well as midscreen dash up mp -> tackle unblock as well.

chun is same midscreen unblock as shotos, you can also do the HK knee drop a lot easier on her.

dudley is the hardest char to do corner sphere on him, its like as hard as a double tackle on twins/remy

elena you can do double c.HP midscreen, nuff said. shes a sphere character.

hugos combos are weird, also you can corner cross him up so you dont even need a real corner combo vs him

necro you can corner crossup: funny trick is knock him down in the corner, do ex aegis, then do HK kneedrop 3 times in a row, its an unblockable lol

q is possibly the easiest char to do stuff on hes the slowest faller in the game and has a huge hittable box… you can do LK tackle, HP fireball, hk tackle mk tackle lol midscreen q has a char specific setup of c.HP, tackle, MP aegis (will hit once), HK tackle UNDER HIM, then do an unblock.

twins - very very hard to double tackle, you have to use MK for the second tackle as well.

dont even go for midscreen unblocks vs twins, ibuki, oro, they all get up too fast to do anything thats really reliable.

What do you mean by corner crossup?

Also, that is a really interesting Q combo, I’ll have to check that out.

it means you can jump to the other side of him while hes backed to the wall.

do somethign like jump over, jump straight up HK, for unblockable thats safe from gigas.

watch videos to see how the match ups go and what tools urien can use effectively against them.

its easy to focus on juggle combos and unblockable set ups, but its important to learn how to use aegis to control space and create mix ups.

also footsies are always important.