CH hits

a lot of characters have great CH (counter hit) properties on hit or after charge (command charge+dash out) hit.
eg. jin’s swaying willow, hugo’s overhead, asuka’s gut palm.

most of these u can link into a free combo.
does hwo have any CH hits worth implementing on our game? after fooling around a lot with most of his normal CH hits (mainly from charged) i can’t seem to find any noteworthy ones i can link off of.

does anyone know of any?

He doesn’t get special properties on any of his moves on CH. The only move that gives him a link worth mentioning on CH is Dynamite Heel, which links into 2LK on CH, but it’s not really practical to land that after an EX charge. It might also be possible to combo something after a CH anti-air 5MP, but I’m not sure about that.

Foward mk is a lot easier to combo on ch

What’s the extra advantage on CH? Is it +2 more than the usual frame advantage?

From what I gathered, it should technically gain 2 frames for being a medium attack, but because I think it only gets one more frame. Thus, comboing from it becomes a 2 frame link as opposed to a 1 frame link. Good luck trying to combo off it as a CH without charging it though. If someone throws out an attack, 9/10 the combo trades or gets beaten by the poke.

Using it as a damage reset, I’ve been doing this a lot. Basic combo like cr. LK~MK~MK~HK xx EX CADC (this resets the damage meter and the combo on hit) > Tsunami Kick (F+MP) > into combo of choice. It can net pretty damn big damage. With my Juri team, I’ll do:

cr. LK~MK~MK~HK xx EX CADC > Tsunami Kick (F+MP) > cr. LK~MP~MP xx HK HH > Tag Cancel > Super Charge. Does about 650 damage for all 3 bars. Add a jump attack and lose the cr. LK and it ends up being a bit more.

Just using Hwoarang I’ll do cr. LK~MK~MK~HK xx EX CADC (162 dmg) > Tsunami Kick (F+MP) +F FLA > st. LK~MP (2 hits)~HK xx EX HH > j. hk > cr. MP/MK xx HK HH (432 dmg, adding up to about 600 for 2 bars).

For 1 bar, you could just do cr. LK~MK~MK~HK xx HH or go into a launcher obviously. if you need to do big damage but can risk tagging in your partner, this is a good alternate.

Off a HK HH, you actually have enough time to regular charge a CH into overhead as well.