Captain America Guide

Hello everyone! I may not post here that much, but I’ve been reading info and gathering information on Steve and I have decided to make a guide on him. You may have seen my Skrull Guides and how much detail I put into them so I want to do the same for this one. Any info that you would like to share is accepted. It can be your own tech, combos, team synergized combo, or a reset/mixup. Of course credit will be given as I am not trying to boast myself as a Cap player for I am just trying to have a central place where the casual/hardcore audience can come to.

Anyways here’s the trailer for what I will provide. Stuff may be changed or added:

[media=youtube]-xta9VOROJk[/media]

All the stuff I’ve uploaded with Captain America is in this playlist:

Feel free to knock yourself out with it. I also had a combo video in the making but got lazy in putting it together and uploading it but I’ll see if I can string it all together tonight as it has all my BNBs I use in it. It was all recorded back in April but still has some good stuff.

Here would be an extensive checklist I would go over:

Combos:

• Solo BnBs
  • Solo corner BnBs (there’s several ways to achieve the relaunch without assists)
  • Turn around combos (Nearly all his combos have the potential to change the direction in order to avoid corners or carry into one)

**I have all of these outlined in the combo forums, simply search my posts and they’re very detailed. These should provide all the optimal BnBs for pretty much any situation. Cap combos should be covered in 3 sections: starter and first launch, 2nd launch (the key focus to always provide proper distance for ender Shield Slash pick up), ender (starting at Shield Slash pic ups and follow up). Rather than post multiple variations, I feel listing the options in each section allows for the player to mix and match the 3 sections to form combos better based on starting hit, distance, and assist potential.

Team Assists:

• cover basic synergy with BFF assists: Sent, IM, RR, Akuma, Task, Frank, Dante(weasel), Doom (beam and missile), Strider
  • cover roll through shenanigans, making charging stars safe and combo able, combo extensions and connecting 2 hypers with doom missiles…and YES sentinel
  • Doom missile set ups such as: :a1:, slight delay, :qcb:+:h: (blocked), :dp:+:atk::atk: (blocked) - missiles will cover you AND perform a cross up ad the hyper finishes.
  • THC synergy with characters that can outlast caps hypers and allow him to keep comboing or run around and cross up with rolls (specifically fullscreen ones to justify use as a punish outside his range): RR, Ammy, Dante, Sentinel (on cap whiff), etc…

Cap key tactics:

• s.:h: for kara canceling into :atk:+:s: and charging star
  • :qcb:+:l: XF3 infinite
  • TK j.:qcf:+:l: benefits (can start a combo at tip range if return connects, safer, valuable for combo extension and zoning)
  • Controlling Shield Slash returns with movement
  • Double jump baiting
  • Using rolls to get through zoning and single hits (note that he is still vulnerable to grabs)

Cap Notable Normals:

• :s: as a safe ender and anti air
  • c.:m: as decent general coverage for crouching, standing, and jumping.
  • s.:h: using to create large hitstuns/blockstuns then hitting an assist and canceling to a roll or charging star as it connects
  • j.:d:+:h: as go to air to ground

Set ups:

• Shield returns set ups with rolling through an opponent that changes sides, crossing up with double jumps and dash unders, resetting on teching, etc…
  • Charging star into delayed hyper stars and stripes bait out.

Game plan:

• Zoning with SS. use of TK j,:qcf:+:l: and s.:qcf:+:h: as safest options, use of assists to fill gaps
  • Pressuring with CS. Enforce the nature of this needing to always be a threat at mid screen, use assists to make safe and as a way to get in, using to pin an opponent to force them to block an assist.
  • Distance. Cover the importance of cap needing to remain mid - midclose at all times to provide proper spacing for SS and always maintaining CS and hyper CS as a threat to dissuade options. Note his poor options to respond to full screen zoning and zoners that can fight in the air and how he must use assists or patient tactics to fight this.
  • Using double jumps as a safe way to super jump in then recorrect to avoid set ups as you land
  • Using CS to escape a corner or cross a jumping opponent while calling an assist.

I can provide specifics on all of these. I’ve wanted to make a video, but I think passing the data to someone with a better experience in editing would be wiser. I can tout myself as a very knowledgeable Cap so I can cover most topics, spare some team specifics tech that may elude me.

one quick thing i noticed after watching the trailer is…

for everyone using unibeam assist in the corner after OTG shield slash you can do :s:, TK:qcb::atk: (any charging star will work!) and in any x-factor do :s:, TK:qcb::l:, :qcb::atk:.