Capcom's Campaign for Casuals: Can SFV win back the mainstream?

nevermind, i got it wrong.
i thought you talk about the generell mkx launch, missed the L in the second sentence.

Casual gamers will be on to Tekken 7 in 2017 when it drops because it will be the newest and most graphically impressive fighter. Casuals always buy the newest released games and play them for a short while then move on. SF5 had its largest possible audience at launch and it will only shrink as the game ages, that is the nature of the industry. They released a bad product with no single player content and an anti casual online only format, with a bad netcode and a shoddy server built by 1 man. A server that constantly needs down time and “maintenance” that no other fighting games need . Honestly why would casuals come back for this? Capcom idiotically thought that execution alone was the reason more people don’t play SF and then rushed out a buggy incomplete game with no actual content that appeals to casuals. Making the cheapest possible product and dumping money into the pro tour has been their ultimate answer. The better question is will capcom change the game for the diehard fans in season 2, because the casuals have moved on, never to return.

Tekken will be hogging the limelight early next year. Capcom’s best bet for a relaunch is spring 2018.

They can spend the majority of next year making money off of DLC and improving the game gradually. It should be overflowing with accumulated content by year’s end.

Capcom would need to launch an entirely new product not named SF5 in 2018 for that. The SF5 brand is a well known commercial failure and now is relegated to clinging to an overpriced DLC model to gouge money out of it’s defenders and supporters to carry on. SF has become DOA, it’s about DLC and future character additions and that was never the case before. Even pure shill sites like eventhubs have had to print up tons of non SF5 articles and articles critical of the game to maintain clicks for decent ad revenue. I would like to see them offer something fun to play with a function netcode and servers that don’t require constant down time in 2017, but i’m off to T7 myself. I played SF1 in the arcade and the EX series and this one is on the same tier.

Honestly, I don’t think that SF V will ever recover, no matter what they do. The first impressions are always the best impressions, & Capcom blew it.

Most of the casuals aren’t going to come back to it. Capcom even brought back Guile & his SF II stage (as well as Boxer’s SF II stage), plus even tried copying off of Dead or Alive’s DLC model by providing swimsuits, etc. for the female characters. No one gave a damn.

Too little, too late.

Casuals never came to it in the first place, they were waiting for the Super edition. It’s not like it has sold well then fell off. And people did give a damn, a lot of people dislike that pervy waifu shit being interjected meanwhile no Blanka, No Honda, no sagat or many of the characters people know and like and a severely limited number of masculine characters people know and want to play.

WTF are you talking about? There is no shortage of masculine characters in SF5? Have you seen Zangief? Hot Ryu? Guile’s biceps? Urien’s hammock?

Pretty sure that has nothing to do with sales. Besides, we are only in season 1. Many characters are likely planned for the next year or two at least. SF4’s roster didn’t get big in a day.

Just lol at all the doomsayers. If games like fucking Evolve that had a much worse launch than SFV can make a comeback I don’t see it being out of reach for this game.

Zangief is bottom tier, Ryu is bland due to appearing in every game. Urien & Guile weren’t launch and behind paywalls.

It’s fine if that’s you’re thing, but I don’t play FG for giggly ass shots. If I did I’d play DOA. There is not a character tier’ed in the top 5 I have any interest in playing and I am not committed enough anymore to get insanely good with a low tier character to be more competitive.

SFIV there was no shortage of characters I wanted to to play, more characters than I had time to learn. I look at this roster and it’s who am I willing to settle for…none of my mains are in this game or are bottom tier.

The lack of variety ruins the aesthetic for me, every match is bulging tits, G strings and waifu anime fetish gibberish.

This some dumb shit. For one, Guile and Urien are not behind paywalls as you don’t need to pay to get them. In Guile’s case he was released during the period where the shop wasn’t up. You don’t want to pay then grind it out.

I’m guessing Nash, Necalli and Ken ain’t manly enough for you since those characters are top.

Evolve is a FPS though. Fighting games don’t have that same level of appeal. So fighters really only get that once chance.

@Jimbo13 You’re entitled to how you personally feel about the game, but lets not talk like those are legit reason for the game not fairing so well. Most avid gamers give little to no fucks about such things as T&A and can over look them if they like the game and feel it’s a quality product. The horrid launch in which basic shit like modes such as Arcade mode being gone, a flat out broken rage quitting system that rewarded players for rage quitting, story not being there at the start etc. Is what did this game in among casual fans. As for character roster you talking like SF4 came straight out the gate with that massive roster. It took 7 years to get to that point. Vanilla SF4 started out with 16 characters as well. More characters will come in due time.

As for “But but muh SF2 and manly characters”. This isn’t SF3 where damn near all SF2 cast was absent. There’s a good amount of them, so I don’t know why that’s a complaint. There’s plenty of male characters to choose from and characters being “bottom tier” Is not a valid argument for why they can’t be played or enjoyed on a casual level. There are valid reasons for not liking SF5, but you choose the most pettiest ones.

Except it’s SF. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat always get another chance.

MKX got a second chance. It did on PC where the community swore off NRS and WB for the shitty port and not supporting. All it took was brand new port, Kombat Pack 2 with the netcode to win them back.

You can overlook it when there is a good roster to choose from, and better options there’s not.

It’s not even really about male characters, I’d main Makoto right as long as they didn’t default her to a sailor fuku to emphasize the up-skirting.

And yes, all your mains being bottom tier is a valid argument and the reason I am not playing the game. I shouldn’t need to Ryu to keep my ranking up when I play Sim and Gief at a higher level.

My ranked match wins are more 60% with Ryu below 50% with Gief and Sim, that’s not fun.

You think a lack of characters people know and enjoy is invalid that’s fine, this roster is ass and casuals care.

I enjoy Street Fighter, not Street Walker.

More this.

http://i.imgur.com/z8uRIW6.jpg?1

Less this.

http://i.imgur.com/FTiSRGh.jpg?1

Yeah SF is one of the only Japanese fighters with a lot of manly men left. Urien is man of men and there’s a code to OG remove his clothes so you see nothing but 100 percent Pure, Fresh Squeezed Man.

While we are at it, if you are reading Capcom

Sounds to me you just simply can’t adapt or refuse to. You are entitled to your opinion but it’s not fact. Far from it. The horrible state of SFV at launch is way more of a deciding factor in it’s poor sales than some T&A and a few SFII characters being absent.

Also how is fan art a valid argument against a game? We could bash damn near every popular game if that’s the case. Like don’t get me started on Overwatch. Hell one of those characters ( sakura ) isn’t even in the damn game.

Unless your sponsored and hitting up everything major tournament you can your main not being top is not an excuse. Especially in this game when gap between characters isn’t huge.

You guys are mostly coming up with dumb shit for a game that’s the King of Fighting eSports and the one stream monsters flock to the most any way.

If Capcom gets more casuals they get more casuals, but if not you still are playing the game with the largest online player base regardless. Sad, but true. The QoL fixes will help the every day players more than the fairweathers as they’ll just be playing Injustice for a month or 2 when that hits any way.