Cant do rekka consistantly from cr.lk and am worried i am picking up bad habits

Hey guys,

Spent a lot of time in training trying to do yangs b&b crlkx3 into rekka cancelled into launcher. Problem is half the time i get a dash instead of the rekka which i assume is due to negative edge, but i just cant seem to stop it doing it. The link seems so fast that if i try to let go of lk and THEN do full rekka motion its too late and gets blocked? Whats the trick to it? Wish i could turn negative edging and stuff off in this game to make my execution better :confused:

Other slightly unrelated question was his ultra 1 after launcher, i can only seem to get it in the corner. I thought you could do it midscreen by walking a little before you ultra but its always late :expressionless:

Launcher > walk forward > ultra 1 is perfectly doable on most of the cast. This works from point blank on everyone except for Zangief, E.Honda, Adon, Cody, Dee Jay and Dudley. Buffer it so that the second qcf is ending just as the cl.mk recovers and then hold forward for the few frames of leeway that the game gives you before pressing punches.

For the other one you probably just need to have faster fingers or continue holding lk. on the third press so you don’t end up negative edging. If you can do cr. lk xx rekkas 100% there’s no reason you won’t be able to do cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk xx rekkas 100%; it’s exactly the same.