Can someone explain why Karin is so desired by fans?

I think Azrael said it best. After you beat somebody with Karin, you stand next to their bruised up body while your butler rushes out to serve you a milkshake. :rofl:
:tup:

Remember when the only woman in the game was in the game because she was a complete fucking truck and would wreck most men with her legs of steel

I want SF1 to get more love, TBH. There are still SF1 cast members whoā€™ve gotten no love; the design space is there, they just need to use it.

I never like to hate on peopleā€™s favorite characters unless itā€™s that bouncing ball of birdshit, a.ka. Bitchsquatch, but can someone explain to me why people get mad at not having their favorite characterā€™s in FGs? Donā€™t get me wrong, I got my fingers crossed for characters I like, but if they aint included, itā€™s not a big deal. Cuz hell Iā€™ll be honest, if my favorite character is put in a game and he or she is ass, Iā€™m prolly not gonna useā€™em. I will NEVER have to worry about that tho, cuzā€¦I like Sagat. And you know why I like Sagat, cuz he fuckinā€™ wins, heā€™s been winninā€™ since SFI.

With no V-ism, is Karin really good, honestly?

Which one of the bitch-ass FGD mods moved this shit to GD? Val, could you please tell your peers to stop dumping their garbage on our street?

Karin would make SF4 a great game cause shes awesome :wink:

Only good Alpha character is Rolento.

Yeah, I said it.

Except heā€™s not an Alpha character.

Because nerds are thirsty for cartoon characters.

Cmon now. We both know he is.

I mean Sak still got it with no CCs.

Because shoto clones are Japanese. That Rising Sun pride.

Any element that makes a character stand out can potentially make them a fan-favourite.

Karin things:

• her animations and voice-acting have a lot of personality to them and are very memorable
  • her visual design (default colours, outfit, hairstyle, etc.) is particularly vibrant and unique
  • her attitude and character stereotype represent an unattainable fantasy for many males

What a list! Amazing! Itā€™s a wonder that there arenā€™t hordes of story-mode warriors putting up posters of her in their bedrooms.

Note thatā€“when weā€™re talking about the casual fanbaseā€“beyond the most surface-level examination, playstyle doesnā€™t factor very heavily into a fighting game characterā€™s popularity.

EX had the best Shotos though. I think thatā€™s something everyone can agree on.

TREE-PULL-BRAKE is where itā€™s at.

W0rd, look at Ash, the most generic of shit characters that looks like an gender swapped version of an older character except with an even worse outfit but because he acts effeminate all these dudes are on his dick.

Why Karin is a fan favorite? Why she came #1 in japanese favorite character polls, and #7 overall despite only being in SFA3 which came out 15 years ago? Why at the EVO panal when it was revealed there would be new characters, the crowd was unanimously yelling Karin! Karin! ?

1. Her moveset. Numerous rekka variations, some that hit low, some that juggle opponent, knock opponent far, etc. High and low parries (like Gouken kind of). Great and varied normals, to attack or cross up from air, or the ground cancel into rekkas. A 360 throw to increase mix up potential further! Numerous way to juggle opponents.

2. Sheā€™s the rival for a very popular character (Sakura)

3. She doesnā€™t just beat the opponent, she humiliates the opponent with her haughty laugh, arrogance, etc. However she doesnā€™t suck like Dan.

4. We havenā€™t seen her in a game for 15 years.

Anyone who thinks it is just about her looks, didnā€™t play Alpha 3ā€¦her looks have little to do with it. Again by far the strongest reason is her moveset, so much thought put into it.

take this cancer somewhere else

Because people like masturbating to her.

Good enough for me im sold. Replace Elena with Karin in USF4 plz

Karin looks as if she came out of a 70s shojo anime.

her design looks so retro. I like that.