Cammy meaty experiment

Kinda new to this forum, therefore I would like to apologize in advance if I’m not following correct thread format. If there is already a similar thread on here please feel free to move/delete it. I worked hours trying to figure out these things, and I just thought, some people out there might wanna know as well, so I’ll save them the trouble.

I spent some hours yesterday trying to figure out what I can do after a heavy spiral arrow knockdown, assuming the opponent neutral techs.
First I tried to figure out how long it takes for the opponent to recover, I did that by performing a series of actions noting each time whether the last attack whiffs or hits.
For instance, I realized that after heavy spiral arrow:
a. forward dash > st. LP would whiff
but
b. forward dash > st. MP would hit
therefore, I know that my opponent recovers AT LEAST 16(dash motion)+4(st. LP startup)+1(st. LP is active for 2 frames)=21 frames after I do
and AT MOST 16+6(st. MP startup)+2(st. MP hit for 3 frames)=24 frame after I do.
After that I did
c. forward dash > cr. MP, and it hit, it didn’t only hit, it also combos into st. MP(6f startup), which is not usually possible since cr. MP is +5 on hit, but not cr. MK(7f startup).
Hence I knew the cr. MP hit on it’s second active frame, which in turn means that after a heavy spiral arrow, my opponent recovers:
16(dash)+5(cr. MP startup)+1(second active frame)=22f after I do,
to be more precise, he recovers on the 22nd frame counting from the first frame I can start moving.
With the same approach, i found out that my opponent recovers:
on the 21st frame after a heavy cannon spike
on the 21st frame after a cr. HK
on the 36th frame after a Holligan with no input
so, with that in mind, these are the results:

+4f on block
Spiral Arrow H > cr. LK (14f) > st. MP (becomes +9 on hit, hit on last active frame)
+3f on block
Spiral Arrow H > st. MP (17f) > st. LP (+5 on hit, second active frame)
Cannon Spike H > cr. LK (14f) > st. MP (+8 on hit, second active frame)
Cannon Spike H > 66 (16f) > st. LP (+5 on hit, second active frame)
Cannon Spike H > cr. LK (14f) > cr. MP (+7 on hit, third active frame)
+2f on block
Spiral Arrow H > 66 (16f) > st. MP (+6 on hit, first active frame)
Spiral Arrow H > 66 (16f) > cr. MP (+6 on hit, second active frame)
Spiral Arrow H > st. MP (17f) > st. LK (+3 on hit, second active frame)
Cannon Spike H > 66 (16f) > st. LK (+3 on hit, second active frame)
Holligan no input > 66 (16f) > cr. LK (14f) > cr. MP (+6 on hit, second active frame)
+1 on block
Cannon Spike H > 66 (16f) > cr. MP (+5 on hit, first active frame)
+0f on block
Spiral Arrow H > st. LP (11f) > st. HK (+4 on hit, third active frame)(note: oddly if you perform it as a meaty, the st. HK hit crouchers as well, i tested it on 5 or 6 characters, and they worked)
Spiral Arrow H > 4 MP (21f) > (both recover at the same time)
-1f on block
Holligan no input > 66 (16f) > 6 HK >(+6 on hit, second active frame of second hit)

There are more, but I omitted some obviously useless meaties (not that the ones included are very useful, although some are pretty great, and I find use for them often)

Make use of this information however you like :slight_smile:

Good stuff! I fiddled with meaty setups the other day and I found some of your stuff as well, did not took the time to compile everything yet, so thanks for that :slight_smile:

You can find all the knockdown advantage (with or without tech) on this spreadsheet. Although I don’t know if all are exact but from what I tested this seems alright.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1976rt8B91PqVCeYJAmcnW1uwVJ0H03QJtV-dJC5ohL8/htmlview?sle=true#
For instance, cr. HK seems to be 20 frames and Razor Edge 35 frames.

I’ll try to make exact experiments with scripted inputs later.

Hm nice.
I’ll give this some time,because I want to prove this stuff.

Otherwise, would it be ok for you if I put this into the Techsection? It can probably help a lot of people.