C.Viper Guide to just about everything

Thnx for the positive feedback, updated a bit for Rose/Rufus while I was thinking randomly, might do some more tonight.

robot makoto - i mentioned the sesimo feint vs m.bison and the bk to beat throws vs balrog, but yeah, i think it warrants some more elabortation. I’ll add it to it’s respective section.

Well done!

Although most of c vipers abilities have been discovered , it just seems like there are an infinite amount of ways to approach situations and other opponents with her

and you have done a very good job with compiling most of it into this neat thread

pretty much, I know it frustrating playing such a complex character with scattered tid bits.

Thank you so much for putting this together!
Yeah it can get really frustrating to play her, especially when you compare yourself to your friends’ Ryus and Goukis, who started the game at the same time as you (and are now beating you 8 times out of 10).
Still, there’s light at the end of the tunnel!

^^been there, you’ll get better. I don’t feel like I’m losing tallat the character select tooooo much anymore.

Sweet thread, many thanks for this. I just decided for a change of pace, started using Viper a few minutes ago xD. Always liked her as a character, and particularly like the emphasis on execution when using her.
I’ve always felt that these type of characters are simply more rewarding.

^^thanks, hope it contiues to help. =]

Updated for: Fei Long, Sakura, and Guile.

Gonna be working on Juri and Makoto for the next couple days.

Update counter ultra info for Rufus and Guile: 9/18/2010

Upadeted for viper 9/20/2010

Great guide, thanks a ton for helping to compile all of this info. I’ve only recently started trying to learn Viper (switching from Chun Li) about 2 days ago, and having all of this info in one place is a godsend.

9/24/2010
Updated for an Option Select on M. Bison.
Updated for Video demo of SJC ultra 1.

nice dude ty

so what do you do with Viper when you’re not in the best possible position? Like, what should i be doing on wakeup and when i’m in the corner?

On wakeup I try to block or ex seismo feint out.

In the corner I try hp.tk (FADC in case I am not confident) and/or look for opportunities to ex.tk out.

well that’s more of a suggestive thing rather than a concrete option. But, for the most part you want to be blocking on wakeup, but thats not a C. Viper thing, that’s a street fighter thing. If you don’t block on wakeup, you never get a chance to read the opponents offense, blocking is key, then stuff mantle listed are her safest options if you can effectively predict what the opponent is going to do.

This is something I’m having a ton of trouble with, especially against characters that have pretty safe block strings like Cody.

Viper’s normals aren’t the best, have pretty bad startup, so whenever I try to poke or retaliate, my normals always seem to get stuffed, whether it’s a cr.strong or cr.long, even st.short. This then leads into me getting counter-hit leading into another big combo for my opponent. When I am being pressured, I feel absolutely helpless. There have seriously been times where the word “counter-hit” spams the screen :stuck_out_tongue:

Any advice?

block, you can’t tech every throw, so just stop pressing buttons.
viper is helpless, just wait for your opportunity.

Learning Viper and this is just what I needed. Also a lot of your others posts sub (like linking to FlashM’s etc.) have really helped me.
Thanks!

Just wanted to thank you for that awesome thread, I really appreciate the amount of effort you put into it.
As I’m restarting SSF4 now on stick and somehow main C. Viper it really helps me quite a lot,
knowing her most important combos and tricks. Reading this subforum is truly pays off.
Big, big thanks.

(Now I only need to fix my feint-execution-problems :D)

Very nice.

Glad you guys enjoy’d it.

updated a punish for guile.