C Geese?

So, in my neverending quest for the right team, I’ve decided that maybe I should add Geese to my C team, already having Ryu and Sagat. Geese is kind of my OG CvS2 character, he’s been with me since the beginning and he’s too great for me to give up. Now, I know N or K would be the more obvious choices for this team, but I’m just no good at rushdown, I’m more of a footsie kind of guy. What do you guys think, is he usable in C?

pros-
Geese has some footsie-friendly normals
-s.HK
-s.HP
-s.LK
-c.MK-not great range, but his most ranged normal that can cancel into special/super, I walk up and throw it out if they hesitate
-s.MP-more as a meaty than anything else
-c.LP-can hit confirm 3, link to c.HK for a free knockdown
Air block-In conjunction with Shippuken, this can give Geese a pretty good air game, despite C’s lack of low jump
RC-Jaiken to blow through whiffs and projectiles, Double Reppuken as AA, meaty, anti-poke, Counter to battery
Can really sit on that meter. The threat of RS is just as good as RS itself.

cons-
No low jump in C groove
No JD
Hard to get in proper range because of these
-slow walking speed
-mediocre roll
-not so great dash
-no run
can’t cancel his long ranged pokes into special or super (practically)
blocked normals often leave Geese at a less than desirable range
Very hard to land a crossup j.MK, as his throws leave the opponent either too close or too far
-No practical lvl2 cancel. Lvl2 RS can cancel into lvl1 RS, but since the motion is so long, it’s just safer to go for lvl3, you might do the move too deep and will need the invincibilty.

C-Geese will require completely changing the typical Geese gameplan, you will need to be more methodical in your GC tactics, similar to K/N Sagat switching to C. Only Geese doesn’t have that s.LK of Sagat’s. C-Geese’s combo of choice should always be c.LPx3, c.HK, Jaiken combos leave them at too far a range for C Geese to stay dominant after a knockdown. Geese can also run away and battery with TK Shippukens. As far as getting in, I rely solely on s.HK to do that. Punish whiffs and close in at the same time, although it could take a while. RS is anti jump and roll (if they roll at a throw-like range), nail it a few times and people won’t try it again. If they roll just outside RS/throw range, RC Double Reppuken or RC Jaiken, or even c.HK, it stays out there for a while. Basically be patient. I’ve only really experimented with this one night, so if this goes well, I’ll post more later. Feedback is appreciated.

some random geese notes. not particularly about c-geese, but hopefully it’ll help.

-as far as i can tell his s.:lk: and c.:mk: have exactly the same range (although c.:mk:, from memory, could be a pixel or two longer)

-stop using c.:lp:x3 > sweep. if you’re in range of c.:lp:x3, instead go for cl.:lk:x2 > c.lp > sweep. sure you have to link the :lk: to the :lp: but its an extremely easy link. you won’t even notice it. 4 frame link.(cl.:lk: does 500, c.:lp: does 300. do the math. also cl.:lk: is a 2 frame move)

-NEVER (unless for bouncing to save your ass) use :hp: shippuken. the first reason is that the bounce on this is considerably higher than the other two punch versions, leaving you in the air longer. the second reason is a larger amount of recovery frames on land. from memory, i think the damage between each :p: version shippuken is only 100. so dont worry about that.

-c.:lp: > c.:lk: xx double reppuken is a good combo. saves you the trouble of linking. from memory, this combo should do as much damage as c.:lp:x3 > sweep. if you’re point blank you can leave out c.:lp: and just do c.:mk: xx double reppuken for more damage.

-dont solely rely on s.:hk: to get in. it’s predictable. this move has major lag when it doesnt connect. people will roll/parry/psychic dp your ass if you’re not careful. conversely, against people that dont have a clue, spam this until you’re right next to them. less experienced players will eventually take the bait and poke at you, only to eat a deadly rave. s.:hk: is always safe, hit or block. -3 frame disadvantage is the worst case scenario.

-possible anti airs: j.:mp:(not sure but it feels like this thing has partial invulnerability), jb.:hk:, c.:hp:, rc double reppuken, s./cl.:mp: (this one is for JD happy K players, or people baiting a whiff c.:hp:. if JD’d, geese recovers first. also good for countering small jump happy blankas. unlike s.:hp: this move wont whiff if blanka is crouching, so if they get small jump happy, i throw this out at random.), s.:hp: (for jumps that land a bit far away from you. if they stick something out, you’ll probably be trading with them. however if they dont, then they’ll eat it. in the event of a trade this move does 1500 base, so you should win in damage during trade. i also like using this against blanka’s j.:hk: because trading c.:hp: with that is in blankas favor.), raging storm (either you’re gonna hafta be quick about it or see the jump coming a mile away. if you have damn good execution you can do c.:hp: xx RS xx RS for a lot of damage.)

-fight sagats c.:hp: with your s.:hp:. im not completely sure about this, but i think at the right range, geese’s s.:lp: can stuff sagats s.:hp:. so if you play right, you can psyche out the sagat player from throwing out s.:hp:. geese’s s.:hp: outranges sag’s c.:hp: now if you can figure a way to deal with that s.:mk: this match would be a lot easier. easier, but it’s sagat. it wont be cakewalk or anything. anyways, if im wrong about the :lp: then just disregard this part.

-definately learn to combo into deadly rave. i personally am a really lazy person, so the only time i land that is with pseudo a-groove setup and random “activates”. two ways to verify before throwing out this super that i know of:

cl.:lk:x2 > s.:lk: xx DR (3 frame link? not sure on this)
c.:lp:x2 > s.:mp: xx DR (3 frame link? im pretty sure the startup on s.:mp: is 5)

-learn light attack into :hp: links. these do more guard crush than your standard poke poke poke sweep reppuken. or at least im pretty sure they do. nevertheless, know them, it’ll help you out in other ways too.

c.:lp: > c.:hp: (easiest light to hard link he has. 5 frames. weakest damage)
c.:lp: > cl.:hp: (slightly more damage. slightly harder link. 4 frames)
cl.:lk: > cl.:hp: (my personal favorite link. does the most damage. 3 frames)
c.:lk: > c.:hp: (hits low. 3 frames)
c.:lk: > cl.:hp: (same as above, but more damage, and harder to link. 2 frames)

after the :hp: cancel into a reppuken, or if you saw it hit ahead of time, jaeiken.

-playing keep away with shippukens is more effective than it sounds. well mostly against those without a roll, but its still pretty good either way. just dont get predictable with it. mix up keep away shippukens with a little ground game, with the ultimate goal being pushing them out to take a breather.

-leave small gaps in your poke strings. since you’re on C and you need to be in close and stay in close. condition them to stop trying to poke out your attacks. geese gets +8 on c.:lp: and +7 with a 2 frame startup on cl.:lk:. leave small gaps and hope they try to poke through and get counterhit. this way, the next time you use your poke strings, instead of finishing with c.:hk:, you can mix them up. start finishing your strings with different things,like s.:hk:, f+:hp:, dash/throw. geese dash doesnt cover a lot of range, but it starts and ends quickly, hopefully giving you enough time to land a throw.

-geese’s c.:mk: is a good move. it does 1000 and has a decent hitbox, and it cancels into specials/supers. dont write off the fact that you can link into it. also remember, when playing against certain characters with full meters, try not to finish your strings with something laggy. you could just lose a chunk of life. link c.:mk: from c.:lp: (4 frames). sometimes, when doing laggy string finishers throughout a whole match will cause an opponent (that has been thinking the whole match) to instinctively throw a super at the end of your string. so what will happen is c.:lp:x2 > c.:mk:, opponent goes for super, you block it. c.:mk: has +1 frame advantage.

-definately not sure about this, but i think c.:mp: may have the ability to go over other low attacks and hit the enemy. did it once to bison. so uhh stay skeptical about this.

-dont cancel c.:hk: into reppuken if they’re cornered with a safe fall groove. finish the sweep and hope they safe fall. hit them with another sweep, see if they safe fall again.

-use s.:mp: on wakeup against P groove. it’s high parry only and also cancellable. so alternate that with low parry only moves. however, against a crouching P iori, the :mp: whiffs completely (iirc). so think of something else.

I’m not new to Geese, I know alot of that shit. Thanks though.
The problem with c.lkx2 Double Reppu is that it doesn’t knock down. For C-Geese especially, this is a problem. C.lpx2,c.hk not only knocks down, but you get a somewhat ambigious crossup from there. Roll from the place you are, and you end up on the same side as before. Take a small step forward and roll, and you cross up.

The thing is C-Geese doesn’t really have anything besides s.hk for getting in, outside of a knockdown situation. S

S.lp might beat out Sagat c.hp, but it’s risky. At best you get a jab, that’s it. At the worst you mistime it or you trade, definitely not in your favor. It’ll just push you back out so he can zone you again, and you did about 200pts of damage. Sagat can also super cancel that hp.

I don’t really cancel c.hk into Reppu at all anymore, just too unsafe in most situations.

Thanks, but I’m not really asking for help with a beginner Geese. I know how to play him, it’s just that he has to adapt so much in C groove, I’m trying to get C groove specific strats, or I’d like to know if it’s just not worth it.

gotcha. btw, whats up with your s/n?

I don’t really know what you mean by that. Are you reffering to the “I hate my username” thing?