BYTOWN BRAWL # 1 (02/22/2014 - Ottawa, Ontario)

BYTOWN BRAWL # 1

An Ottawa local fighting game tournament hosted by the Algonquin Competitive Gaming Club. Hoping to do these every few months.

DATE: February 22, 2014

LOCATION: Algonquin College e206b, Student Commons. Second floor above the Starbucks.

OFFICIAL TOURNAMENTS:
• SSFIV AE 2012
• UMVC3
• Guilty Gear Plus R
• Blazblue Chronophantasma

SIDE TOURNAMENTS (Potentially based on interest):
• Skullgirls
• Tekken
• Smash Bros.

PRIZE DISTRIBUTION:
1st – 70%
2nd – 20%
3rd – 10%

SCHEDULE (subject change):

To be streamed on http://www.twitch.tv/andydiluvian
12:00 – Registration / Casuals
1:00 – Tekken / Smash Bros
3:00 – UMVC3 / Blazblue
6:00 – SFIV AE 2012 / Guilty Gear

FORMAT:

ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3 (360)
$10 entry
Double elimination tournament
3 out of 5 games per match
3 out of 5 games per semi final match
3 out of 5 games grand finals

SSFIV AE 2012 (360)
$10 entry
2 out of 3 games per match

GUILTY GEAR PLUS R (PS3)
$5 entry

BLAZBLUE: CHRONO PHANTASMA (PS3)
$5 entry

HOSTED BY:
Algonquin Competitive Gaming Club

I’m free so count me in.

Hm, I could bring this up on Dustloop to see if any MTL guys would head out if you wanted.

Edit: Oh nevermind, I see Bruce is a step ahead of me and brought it up in the Montreal thread, my bad.

Please review the tournament posting thread as you are missing some information.

Good Luck with this

I’m really looking forward to this. I’ve got 5 or 6 roomates coming for the Smash Bros tourney. I’m hoping that they will see how cool other fighting games are and maybe get into it

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully we get a good number for Blazblue and Tekken.

Need a Street Fighter X Tekken tourney. 2 v 2.

We need to get like a team battle, or a couple going with all the out of towners supposedly coming.

Ottawa vs MTL 4v4 in GG
I’d like to see that

sounds like there will be some team side events.

I propose if people from other than MTL and Ottawa show up for this we do an “Everyone vs Montreal” BBCP Team Battle.

Mohammed and AAK told me they will both not be there. This means there might not be Tekken at all, since I think we usually use AAK’s PS3 for Tekken, and I only have an XB360. Tekken players tend to only use PlayStations, but I like(d) the XB360 since I also like shooters. Just a heads up. Rod, if you are reading this, bring your PS3, we need it for Tekken.

If a set up is needed for tekken I have a ps3 and the game, I just don’t play it. other titles I have for ps3, 3rd strike, hd remix, sfxt, P4 and AE.

Send me a pm

FREE PARKING IN LOTS 8, 9 and 12.

Sweet thanks for the heads up.

Shout out to the organizers and all the volunteers helping out. The tournaments were well organized, you guys were very flexible and the community is strong. This was my first tournament and I will be back for more!