Button fingering with TE Stick

I’m re-teaching myself to play one finger per vertical pair (so index finger for lp and lk, middle for mp and mk, etc) and was wondering if there’s a alternative or usual style for this, as it seems rather fiddly to switch to hitting a vert. pair at once for throws or focus attacks.

The best way to use a stick is the way that’s most comfortable for you. I don’t really know what to tell you beyond that.

This is crazy, I’m from London and just posted something almost exactly the same in the Ryu thread! I’ve learnt to use tmy 3 fingers as described above but for plinking the heavy attacks I find the method to be counter-intuitive. i.e. for plinking the heavies I feel like I’d be quicker and more accurate with my middle and index fingers, which are usually reserved for the Medium and Light attacks.

Frank

It’s all personal preference :stuck_out_tongue:

My first stick was the SC4 Hori one. Since block was just underneath kick, A, and B slash, I got used to using my thumb on block, and the same three fingers you mentioned for the rest.

I SF4 it translates to having a thumb on lk, then my three fingers along the punches. It’s kinda weird though, and not a habit I’d recommend =)

Finger it however it feels best :wink:

Yeah it really is, I actually am comfortable using all 5 fingers. Thumb bottom left (LK), index top left (LP), middle top second left (MP), ring top first right (FP), pinky top far right (HK). I use my thumb and index to throw and I move my thumb over one to bottom second left (MK) to focus with my middle finger. It really is all a matter of comfort.

I use 3 fingers for the top and thumb generally for the bottom. My thumb covers both lk and mk and ring finger will usually cover hp and hk by itself. I assume this is standard but I’ve been playing like this for years.

LP+LK = index + thumb
MP+MK = middle + thumb
HP+HK = middle + ring
LP+MK = index + middle
MP+LK = middle + thumb
3P = index + middle + ring
3K = index + middle + ring

And the rest should be done from where your hand is. You can use different fingers for some combinations if your hand is in a funny position.

Thats odd… I hit mp+mk with my middle finger but some people have shorter fingers than others I suppose… everything else are things I do though…

I only use my thumb, index, and middle finger. For LP+LK, MP+MK, and HP+HK, I use just the index and the thumb. I only use the middle finger for HP and HK and using an EX move.

I don’t use pinky. I am at the point where let my fingers figure it out instead of me thinking about it. Some times my index finger say, “hey I want to press fierce” they don’t even ask my brain they just go ahead and do it. I figure you play stick enough your fingers will eventually just do this for you.

I predominately use index, middle and ring. I use my thumb sometimes for certain things (for instance, Ken’s kara throw) and pinky much less so, but will use it for some combos, mostly on roundhouse or fierce punch.