Buffalo, NY- We drink tears as liquid refreshment

Welcome to the Buffalo Fighting Game Community thread on SRK.

This thread is a matchfinder for any new players to the WNY region looking for competition or to meet up and play offline, and also a way for old players to reconnect and communicate with the FGC.
Feel free to discuss anything Fighting Game related here as well as drop comments on the community, gaming, life in the B-lo or whatever other type of conversation floats your boat, we’re a pretty easy going bunch.

The Buffalo FGC also communicates largely on facebook: Buffalo Fighting Game Community (much more active than this thread currently)

Upcoming Event: [Rumble in the Tundra 4]([Sept 20th, 2014] Rumble in the Tundra 4- $500 Pot Bonus for USF4 & TTT2 (Buffalo, NY) 9/20/14 (details in link, check it out!)

We currently play the following Fighting games competitively in the Buffalo area:

[details=Spoiler]
-Ultra SF4
-Guilty Gear #AC+ R/Xrd
-SSF2T/HDR
-TTT2/T7
-Soulcalibur 5/SC2 HDO
-KOF 13 (or whatever version someone busts out)
-SF3:3S
-SFxT
-MVC 2/UMVC3
-MKX/ Injustice
-Skullgirls
-P4A
-JoJo Allstars

• Project M/ Smash
  • a mazillion obscure and doujin fighters that people bring on average.[/details]

We hold tournaments often, and travel to most Majors. View current posts to see what is going down on a week to week basis.

We’re always looking for more people to join in and play games with us. We sport every kind of player from Casual to Hardcore, we welcome anyone willing to learn the games, hang out with us and as a community we are pretty chill and just love to throw down in these FGs. No one is going to seek to embarrass you or call you out if you are new or not good at a certain game yet, so definitely come meet us before giving in to general FGC perceptions out there. We have done a good job of weeding out the bad seeds and never have issues come game day :slight_smile:

You can PM me for more information if you aren’t comfortable posting up in this thread.

We generally play on these days:

Saturdays from 12pm- late @ GameOn LAN center, http://gameonwny.com/

Wednesday 7pm-11:30pm @ GameOn LAN center, http://gameonwny.com/

Random weekly Nighttime Online Fights from 8pm-12am on PSN/XBL- Rotating game schedule, check recent posts to find out what they are!

There are lots of other sessions going on throughout the week at various player’s homes all the time, once you get to know us, you can certainly get in on it!

We also host various streams on : twitch.tv/gameonesports (view recent posts for times/games being played)

If online playing is more your thing, here is a full list of our current players online:

PSN:

[details=Spoiler]kyo45
rsnake91
celestein
aasu
theli
azakukin_cha_cha
lexean
berzerker_manji
WFLJFury
OFdp
Valei09
arrow123
jwg311
xDarKHad0uXx92
xDarksolx
GiniroShourai
bloodspoor
wei_of_the_law[/details]

360:

[details=Spoiler]cha2
zerofxi SRK
guyofkaillera
blackandred
xdaikonx
fattypomeloboy
strider yoshi
tigerboymac
celestien
attacking panda
NYsidious
noonie4226
CrstianSdeHug92
Diaphone
xxxzack21xxx
Rsnake91
Giniro Shourai
Telepunk[/details]

Only way you are gonna get better, is come play the best in your backyard- here we are.

well a perk is that we don’t have to create a new thread every 50 pages ^___^

Word up.

I’m working on my alternate character game since I beat everyone down so hard with my Rog…I don’t want everyone to cry to their momma’s when I perfect em 5 matches in a row. My Sim and Ryu aren’t anything to scoff at these days…prepare yourselves fools.

ah more delusions. keep 'em coming!

God your dhalsim the other night was driving me crazy hahaha.
I could not get in for the life of me.

So Tony P, how is operation 'Beat the shit out of Jug in SF ’ coming? Cuz I sure fail at it :frowning:

Pittsburgh invadin Buffalo thread! Since we can’t beat Jug either :arazz:

Nice to see you guys on here. Can’t wait for the next Buffalo tourney.

hm, much more comfortable to post here. this will do :slight_smile:

yay. also, even tho online play is sorted looked down upon. i’m learning alot but just playing phil in tons of matches. thanks phil

lolz

Hey everyone, we have a new home!

Sorry I didn’t make it to the Barcade on Saturday - I’ll spare you my cryin, and just say I’ll see you all next week.

In other news I had some time to kill, and decided to play around a bit on Guilty Gear #R for PC. And all I have to say is WOW. I don’t know how many of you played that game, but it was the shit. Seriously! What a great game, I wish I could transport myself a few years back in time just to play it all over again. If any of you are feeling nostalgic I’d totally be down for some casual shit in any GGXX one game night, or hell online if you have the program. Probably a longshot lol but nailing that counter hit pilebunker gives me a special warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

On to all the homework I neglected!

Reload was certainly my favorite, and the korean version had a boss ass soundtrack. Need to remind myself to put that OST on my ps3 so I can custom it in for Super StreetFighter, along with all gthe dope ass CVS2 and 3S tracks. Oh and every Cammy stage remix there is.

Made an account on here (finally).

I feel so dirty posting up here -_-

So guys… at game nights you should totally set up a 360 connected to XBL, with me on the other end. :stuck_out_tongue:
Yeah?

lol sounds like tony misses us :frowning: i miss u too bro!

I had actually thought about that very thing Tony, and may very well have something like that in the not-so-distant future.

haha, we can make the ‘play tony g station’ lol.

You better visit us when you return home, were more important than family, cuz your family don’t bring da hype.

So you guys finnally made it to SRK, whats poppin. Ya’ll hype for that new SF4?

yeah we finally made it. indeed we are very hype. you going to evo nunie?

I’ve ditched my girlfriend of almost 3 years to come hang out with you guys before. What’s family?
Hopefully we’re able to connect. I can’t connect to anyone but Tony P.