Brushstr0kes 101: The Amaterasu Thread Mach II

Fuck. Yes. And after Trish has set a trap the fake airdashing will causes them to want to move around the screen in an attempt to avoid some kind of incoming threat.

I wish I had more time to play Amaterasu. I didnt realize the juice until after I figured out how to stance change.

Also the range on the sweep glaive (believe it it was d + C) is stupid and fast. I knew there was something I forgot to report from fight club. Characters like Iron Man and Doom with high hitting projectiles make sweep > okizeme with Amaterasu very viable and equally annoying.The ones that rely heavily on projectiles that hit at a high arc are going to have to rethink the gameplan on her since she can literally walk right up and sweep your ass since the beams almost completely whiff her.

Going to be at Socal regionals and i will be trying to get in as much mvc3 as i can. Ammy/Dante/Joe is going to be my team. Ill be experimenting with all the characters and hopefully ill be able to contribute something to the thread. If there is anything specific that you guys want me to confirm or test let me know and ill see what i can do.

Describe all of her normals with each of her weapons. Probably can’t get done, but it’s a start

^good idea. Direction of hitbox, speed, maybe even priority?

and find out what the inputs for the reflector weapon counter moves are and what they do? And the input for her command throw if she was one. I think she did.

Idk if Winds & Ghosts was a normal throw or a command one.

I feel a bit silly registering just to post a video, but I thought that this video from back in July still has the best-played Ammy that I’ve seen, and has some moves that I don’t think I’ve seen used in other videos.

[media=youtube]xJlS2pWRn68[/media]

Damn, new thread. I wanted to make it! Nice updated and well constructed list. Above video is some nice gameplay.

Thx. And in that vid it seems as though there is a followup to the charged jumping Glaive C. Weapon switches in the middle of combos is too gdlk. Ammy is soo underused at these fightclub things

I thought her counter move was the SPD?

idk, there’s not much info about that move. First post doesn’t even have much info on it.

It is. I think he’s referring to something else (with the wind) if it’s command or not. It doesn’t help that we barely know her moveset and inputs yet.

Ammy is going to be fun to play! XD

Ok so im back from day 1 of SCR with just a bit of info. The lines are like 20-30min so there isnt as much play time as id hope for. I didnt get to work much with the normals, but ill make sure that is my main priority tomorrow. Anyway:

Counter: :dp: + :snka: ; I am unsure of the properties with the strenght, but ill check tomorrow if people fall for it.

Brush Stroke: :qcb: + :snka:; The properties for this move are as listed below:

A (Light): Low/Far*
B (Medium): Mid/Mid*
C (Heavy): High/Close*

*As you can see there are both vertical and horizontal differences in the different strengths of the stroke. I am positive on the vertical distance (A=Low, B=Mid, C=High). However, due to alot of moving around, the horizontal distance may not be accurate although the C (Heavy) stroke seemed quite close to Ammy compared to the Light version. To get a better understanding of the strengths, it works like a descending slope with C (Heavy) being at the top, A (Light) at the bottom, and B (Medium) in between the two. The C (Heavy) stroke not only works as a good anti-air, but it helps keep your opponent grounded since the strokes spends a bit of time floating in the air while Ammy is free to do whatever.

Edit: Also, Cold Star cannot be done with the Glaive; It’s Rosary only. QCF + A in Glaive gives you the dash attack just as the Reflector does. Speaking of the dash attack, Ammy goes in a different direction (in the air atleast) depending on the button pushed. In the air, I think it’s A=Straight, B=Diagonal Down, C=Straight Down. Needs more testing though. Be back tomorrow with Normal move info. Ill probably focus most on Rosary normals since it looks so gdlk.

If you don’t mind find the chain/series for the rosary. I remember it not being a simple A, B, C string. Also test the anti air properties of that upward rosary attack.

Thx Jnana for the info. Added your name

More info

Normals:

Amy’s A and B normals are the same throughout all 3 weapons:

-Standing A: Basically her jab. Quick scratch to her opponent.
-Crouching A: Similar to Standing A, but hits low.
-Jumping A: ?

-Standing B: This is a dash attack very similar to her command dash attack (QCF + A). This is good for getting in, but is punishable on whiff.
-Crouching B: ?
-Jumping B: ?

Glaive C (Heavy) Normals

-Standing C: This is a vertical slash that swipes from close to, if not, 90 degrees.
-Crouching C: Low horizontal slash that knocks down. Good range.
-Jumping C: The chargeable slash that comes straight down and juggles (I’m sure a lot of people know about this by now.)

Rosary C (Heavy) Normals: Her Rosary specific normals are all pretty slow, so it’s safe to use them primarily when keeping away.

-Standing C: This is may or may not be the anti-air that yah yaahh b*tch was looking for since it doesn’t go upward. Similar to Glaive Standing C, it hits throughout a ~90 degree angle almost full screen. Good lock-down move and probably anti-air, but because of it’s slow startup, it isn’t very consistent.
-Crouching C: This is a two hit attack that most likely hits low. However it does not lead to a knockdown, but rather a juggle stat. The best thing to do with this would probably be to find an assist that will keep the carry going so when Amy recovers, she can continue a combo.
-Jumping C: She swipes the rosary 360 degrees pretty much hitting everything around her making it good for crossups. A bit shorter range than Standing C.

Other finds:

-Amy cannot switch weapons/stances in the air. She has to be grounded.
-I don’t think i saw this on the front page but C (Heavy) Cold Star is anti-groundish. She hops in the air and fires off her ice blasts at a 45 degree towards the ground. This is also her Cold Star assist.
-The directions on her command air dash are: A (Light)=Diagonal Up/Down (I don’t know how to make her go either up or down, but ive seen her go both directions. It might be some sort of tracking. Diagonal up can be used in an air combo which potentially allows her to extend her combo.) B (Medium)=Straight, and C (Heavy)=Down.
-The command for her Level 3 Super is :dp: + 2 Buttons.
-Her counter ability is only available with the Reflector. Didn’t it get it to do it’s job, but depending on the strength the reflector changes colors. A (Light)=Orange, B (Medium)=Purple? (not sure on this one), C (Heavy)=Green.

Edit: Was wrong about Jumping A

Sorry about screwing up the old Ammy thread guys, I got really lazy and forgot the update it.

Syke is better at updates and I’m glad he took over for the new thread, the old thread had a good run lol.

Damn, I really want to try her out, but I couldn’t make it to Socal Regionals. I wanted to try out some dirty lockdowns using her Ice Shots.

Yay Ammy! No matter what, she’s going in my #1 main group. Hopefully she meshes well with Dante or Spidey. Or both! :]

Did anyone else see her doing teleports in the new batch of vids? like vid 34 or 33?

Teleports?! :wtf: Links?