Brook PS4+ Audio Fighting Board Thread

Hey everyone,

Brook sent out a new prototype PCB for me to test out. It’s similar in function to the original small PS3/PS4 Fighting Board with the addition of sound and a new form factor. It’s a great solution for those looking for plug & play PS4 & PC functionality without all the extra console compatibility (and extra cost) of the Universal Fighting Board.

http://i.imgur.com/6K1xUQGl.jpg

Features:
•Plug & Play PS3/PS4/PC (XINPUT)
•3.5mm jack for headphone and mic support (supports game audio and mic input)
•Micro USB Jack
•Additional access to Turbo, LEDs, SOCD, Touch Pad, Analogs, & 20pin connector for inputs.
•Screw Terminals for easy wire connections
•Same size as UFB
•Same low latency performance as previous Brook PCBs

http://i.imgur.com/bkXheeCl.jpg

Pinout:
J1 : USB Port to PS3/PS4/PC[X-input]
J2 : Player LED
J3 : Screw terminal to connect with inputting buttons
J4 : external port to connect with inputting buttons
J5 : Left and Right Analog Stick
J6 : Touch panel
J7 : Turbo function (Key and LED)
J11 : 3.5mm Phone Jack
J12 : Select Stick to map LS/DP/RS
J14 : Enable/Disable Left and Right Analog Stick
J15 : Enable/Disable SOCD function

@“gogo.zippy” has informed me that they are already in talks with distribution channels. Release date & pricing will be announced shortly.

Here’s a first look of the PCB and a install into a PS3 SF x Tekken Madcatz VS Stick:

https://youtu.be/0t6o1CBrcqk

Huge thanks to the folks at Brook & @Vicko for the tips with the install!

• Jonyfraze

Dawwww, that’s what i wanted and I already bought a brook!

No chance of a firmware update that adds this to old ones and just soldering on the audio jack?

Didn’t look at the old board to see if it was possible.

Probably not buying a new one if it’s not possible anyway, because I’m happy with it as is and I can just use discord for chatting.

The Jack phone is a nice touch especially for the SFV lobby on PS4.
I also see that all the connectors are now 2.5mm spacing? and no more USB-B but micro USB.

But why no Xone like the Universal one?

If this is a replacement for the ps3/4 board im guessing 50 $ -ish.
Maybe the ufb will get a “sound” version aswell eventually

1 Like

Still no USB screw terminals : (

@gahrling
Thanks your idea.
We will use another board to support USB port and headset phone then connect with new fighting board

It would also be a good idea to label to usb solderpoints. Unless theyre labeled on the underside…

@Dubon and all
This board isn’t finally…

I did like the old form factor, was a nice and compact fit for my sticks, especially since there are a handful of other boards in there, or the buttons take a ton of space (OBS-Ms). Still looks like some really cool stuff, would love to get one of these and work in some of the mic boards I have on my SEs.

If i could i’d like to add an onboard USB Switch (like Cerberus or ChimpSMD) For dualmodding xbox360 sticks :slight_smile:

Ho yeah! Would be nice! Like that we can reuse the emplacement on the Madcatz TE/SE stick! :slight_smile:

This “J15 : Enable/Disable SOCD function” makes it worth looking at. SOCD hurts me so much on a hitbox. I would have liked to have had an option for Asynchronous SOCD as well, but being able to disable it should help greatly.

proud of you Zippy & the rest of the brook team :slight_smile:

always bringing better products for us to use , cant wait

This is awesome!!! I will buy for sure.

Any reason why this can’t be the new UFB ? or is it only going to be PS3/PS4/PC ?
Any release date hinted?

awesome!

Question for the Brook guys: do you have an ETA for the board? I will eventually need an other or two UFB soon, and I was wondering if I could wait for this one.

its nice but is there chance upgrade my old UFB?

Hi! Is this board supports DirectInput too? (for ex. attach to a PC in PS3 mode?)

Forced PS3 mode from the UFB is intact

Thanks. Then I need this for the best compatibility upon release.

This will be a solution for

every dinput game

SFV - xinput only

DOA - right analog camera stick (maybe xinput only)

Killer Instinct - Xinput, Win 10

I will build a new arcade stick with PSP sticks in addition.