Bows, Shields and Drumsticks: The Sir Daniel Thread

for oki, if they’re right in front of you and on the ground, you can throw out d+1 to catch roll through you (into combo) and it will also catch normal get up if they don’t block immediately. if it hits from them doing normal getup, you can combo into level 1 (or add 5 AP to the combo and do u+2 first into level 1), and if it doesn’t, it hits at the very end of d+1’s animation so you’re at frame advantage and can continue your offense. haven’t tested if the d+1 will catch back roll, but if it does, that would be pretty sweet for Dan~

There is a lv1 combo it is just really difficult:

http://allstararena.com/threads/sir-daniel-fortestue-moveset-and-discussion.45/page-2

The last post.

Any Sir Daniel players still here? I recently started playing him and wondering if anyone wanna share tips with me,I got none of course…

To expand on this, Daniel’s d1 is a fairly unique move that is great on tech reads in 1v1 situations. The reason being, it hits 3 times over a pretty long duration. Once in front of Daniel, once behind, and then again in front. You can follow up any of these 3 with additional hits, but each hit yields new followup options, and I think it’s important for Daniel players to know how you can follow up each.

**1st hit: **The first hit can really only be followed up with a bread n’ butter. 1,1,1 or 1,1,u1 into the usual reads and attempts at a level 1. Nothing too impressive here, but it’s a good way to start your usual basic combo. You’ll have to time your swings to make sure the opponent doesn’t get juggled too high, which will cause them to flip out of the combo. You can also go into u1, u1, which yields 10 more AP, but keep in mind it’s easier to mess up the timing here.

**2nd hit: **The hit that occurs behind Daniel can also be followed up with the 1,1,1 (etc) just like the first, but opens up a few more options. Now you can link a d2, which will send them flying much higher than anything else Dan can do. It’s not very useful unless your opponent’s back is to a wall, in which case you can either set up or combo into level 2. You can also technically land a f1 but it’s the most inferior option. Finally, this is a hit confirm into level 1 exclusively against Big Daddy, the only opponent large enough for this to work on. BD practically has to be touching you when you land the d1 in order for this work.

**3rd hit: **The hardest to land, but the most rewarding. You can last most of Dan’s attacks that hit airborne targets off of this last hit, in addition to doing everything the other hits do. You can follow up with 1, u1, d1, f1, j1, ju1, jd1, jf1, 2, f2, d2. Most importantly though, this is the only one of the 3 that hit confirms into level 1. It only works when it connects at the short-mid part of Dan’s sword, depending on the size of your target, but it works on every character. Against an empty wall you can combo 2, u2 off of the d1, but I couldn’t seem to get this to work reliably. It’s incredibly situational anyway.

tl;dr Landing the 3rd hit of d1 combos into level 1.