Bouncy Stick?

I have recently purchased the SF4 arcade fightstick TE edition and so far I love it. It seems flawless except for something I’ve noticed yesterday while playing some casuals. I’m also not sure if it’s a “flaw” in the first place to be honest, so I’m sorry if this is a dumb question.

Anyways, I think the best way to describe it is the stick itself is “bouncy”. If I tap down I also get an up input immediately after my down input. The same happens to every other direction input except for left (if I tap right I also get a left and even diagonals give me an opposite). Like I said I’m not sure if this is an issue but I could see why It could be. I mean tapping down gives me a jump :confused: I changed the square gate to an octo so I don’t know if that has anything to do with it. However, my friend has a SE with an octo and it doesn’t do this. Any help or advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

It sounds like there’s definately a problem. The first thing I’d do is pop the lid just to make sure that the wiring harness for the stick is on all the way since you were messing with it.

yea u might wanna replace ur jlf. Because it sounds like theres a mess up with the actual stick or your hand gesture might be goofy.

Sorry but is this a jlf? http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/4981/jlf.jpg

I opened it op like you said, took off the gate, and examined at least what I think is the jlf (picture above). Is something supposed to be holding it down like screws? It’s as far down as it can go but nothing is really keeping it down there. It doesn’t move on it’s own but I can just lift it out no problem. I also noticed the four black rectangles move out of their place rather easily if I push the stick in their direction. I don’t know if any of this is abnormal.

jlf is the model name of the sanwa joystick put in all stock TE fightsticks. im just wondering if u took off the octo/square gate or whatever u put in it. but if u want more detail on the stick as whole you should go to the tech talk forums site because your asking in the wrong place if u want specifics. if u cant figure out the problem though just buy a whole new jlf off lizard lick.

I did take off the gate in the picture from my previous post. And yeah, now I realize that this thread probably isn’t in the best place. I apologize for that. Thank you for your information and advice.