Bloodborne thread

Game’s going to be the best in the series since Demon’s. If anyone didn’t know, From Soft developed Demon’s alongside SCE Japan Studio and because of this the game had a level of polish and focus that I thought the sequels lacked(although still great.)

Demon’s Souls the type of game you’d import from other regions just to Platinum it again. B)

Thats interesting cuz I feel of the 3 it arguably had the least polish, game always felt rough around the edges.

Only thing DeS didnt do better than Dark souls 1 is gameplay.

DS1 improved over everything gameplay wise while falling behind everything else.

I disagree. It just went in a slightly different direction in some aspects. Like it’s a bit more high fantasy, and frankly I really liked almost all the environments as a result. DeS was always more gritty and horrific, which it certainly did well, but it’s just different.

Level design I feel is even more interesting in DaS1 as well

I do agree the visual effects, animations, lighting, and all other tech-side visual aspects were much better though

Dark souls level design dropped off once you got the lord vassel.

Demons stayed amazing from beginning to end.

I prefer the open-world style of Dark Souls to Demon’s, even after getting the ability to warp.

But I do feel like DeS had a much better sense of despair and horror. The level designs (specifically, Valley of Defilement) and atmosphere throughout the whole game was amazing.

But Dark Souls does have a much more refined polish, gameplay and mechanics wise. And better bosses imo.

I’d say bosses are even.

Both have the good ones and meh ones.

Dark souls 1 only edges out because of artorias.

I disagree, majority of DeS bosses are push overs. I’d say it’s one of the weakest aspects of the game.

I dont remember many bosses in Dark souls 1 being hard either.

Dark Souls bosses aren’t exactly tough usually either. There were only a couple that gave me real trouble. Ornstein and Smough killed me about 7-8 times and Gwyn fucked me up several times but most others went down in 2-3 tries. Some in the first attempt. I always thought actually getting to the bosses was the most difficult part of that game. Tomb of Giants can go to hell forever.

They are harder then DeS bosses tho. All of Valley of Defilement bosses are a joke aside from maybe Garl Vinland if you decide not to parry him down, or just kill Astrea, Boletaria 1’s boss is a push over, Penetrator is saddeningly easy imo, The Gargoyle boss in Latria is really meh (I once had one of them just peace the fuck out and fly off into the sky and never come back lol), and the last boss while cool from a narrative perspective is, imo, a HUGE disappointment.

Storm Cost is pretty much all awesome as fuck bosses tho, especially the gold glowing guardian right before the Storm King. That dude is tits. Also the last boss of Boletaria is sick as hell to.

I died to Bosses in DS1 a lot more then in Demon’s. Hell I still die to bosses from time to time in DS1, which pretty much never happens in DeS. In DeS it’s getting the bosses that is dangerous. The bosses in Valley of Defilement may be jokes, but getting to them? Good lord lol. The Giant Goblins are more dangerous then any boss down there lol.

Bosses like O&S, Artorias, Seath, Nito, Quelaag, Kalameet all eclipse the bosses from DeS imo.

But that’s probably just me lol.

Seath and Nito are the easiest bosses in Dark souls 1.

ya ! asylum demon , taurus demon , bell gargoyles , and moonlight butterfly are all so much more difficult than nito or seath.

:no_mouth:

Sadly they are.

I actually died to them minus butterfly.

Nito and Seath after 1000+ hours and like 9 billion playthroughs I’ve never died to them once.

I’ve actually only played a very small amount of DeS. Just ordered another ps3 tonight actually, mostly to play it. Really looking forward to playing Demons Souls though.

It’s an amazing game dude, have fun with it! :tup:

I already “knew” , but It took awhile for me to find and screenshot this.
So here you go :

http://i.imgur.com/Z1sfm97.png

edit : If you watch that alpha footage that i posted earlier you’ll see one somewhere in that video

@ExposedD‌ Groan! :slight_smile:

Cheers for that. I haven’t actually watched any footage of BB at all, and have tried to be very selective in what I read.

I think I knew too much about DaSII before I played it, and am trying to into BB as blind as I can…

Souls II had the worst bosses by far imo. You could use the same tactic against 99% of the bosses and it would work.

False King Allant > any boss fight in the sequels.

I’m torn between DeS and DS1 in terms of locations, enemies, etc. DS2 can’t touch either IMO. If I could switch Blight Town with Valley of Defilement, and change most of the post Lord Vessel locations with levels like Tower of Latria and Shrine of Storms it would be a near perfect game.