A Rank: Everyone Else
No difference within rank

Current JP BBS Assessment List: 3/27/2012
S Rank: Ragna, Taokaka, Arakune, Hakumen, Valkenhayn
A: Carl, Hazama, Platinum, Mu, Noel, Bang
B: Everyone Else

Discuss. Argue. Whatever.

I think Satoshi is talking utter bullshit, to be honest. The guy played CS1 Bang, CS2 Makoto and now CSE Ragna. The amount of people on S tier just looks like the “People who body me” Arakune and Lambda in S is a bit laughable. Ragna and Valk are imo the only ones in there.

Ragna > Valk > Mu

Bang should also be a lot higher. Bang is incredibly good now. If anything it’s my favourite iteration of him.

DISCUSS

What’s your reasoning behind Bang being higher than A tier? He seems solid, but I’m not seeing anything to match Ragna’s excessive, easy damage, Valk’s crazy mixup into large damage, or Hakumen’s brutal neutral game into…excessive damage.

He’s clearly in the same tier as Carl and Hazama, if you ask me.

Arakune… I dunno. I’ve seen some very strong performances from Arakune - I’m pretty sure there was an Arakune on the winning Blue Revolution team - but honestly I don’t know what’s changed about him since CS2. Of course, if he’s the same as CS2, he’s probably S-tier now.

A more important question from me is…why is Mu NOT S-tier? She certainly has the damage for it.

Mu is S Tier, anyone who disagrees hasn’t had the experience losing 9K for pressing a button.

Bang has amazing damage, which is amplified in FRKZ. He can get 4 Seals from 5B / Throw. 5B is now a very strong poke and leads to damage. He now has a launcher both crouching and standing. He can now relaunch for extra carry, coupled with the IAD relaunch it’s possible to fullscreen carry on certain characters.

His mixup and pressure are very solid, and his command grab is still pretty scary, D Nail pressure resets still work, but most of all it’s FRKZ. Getting seals is childs play now, and getting 7K from j.C Crossup is just insane.

Ill type more what im back

So the question is… I’ve seen lots of high level Japanese Bang players; Why don’t they do any of what you described? @_@

Good Question.

1. Japanese players don’t like hype. They just did that guaranteed damage.
  2. The Relaunch and IAD Carry on character specific
  3. I have no 3.

It just depends how you play him. But for me, Bang is a very solid Mid A/A+ easily. He gets more damage from everything as his core starters prorate a bit better, and his 5B got a solid buff. But FRKZ is his biggest buff, It’s a shame it’s so high risk high reward.

Current JP BBS Assessment List: 3/27/2012
S Rank: Ragna, Taokaka, Arakune, Hakumen, Valkenhayn
A: Carl, Hazama, Platinum, Mu, Noel, Bang
B: Everyone Else

/Taken from DL

As for mu being S tier… Have to disagree. She’s strong, but there are better character imo. Nothing can’t compare with Valks mixup and damage stuff. Arakune is…well…lol. Ragna is…lol too… Even if mu can get those 9k dmg it’s corner based, with others you get damage everywhere.

The only one i slightly disagree is hakumen. He’s strong, has broken damage and all, but i never liked his blockstrings. Hazama on the other hand could reach S tier again.

Anyway, it’s great to see such a balanced cast, even though i feel trouble with some matchups (arakune…)

Mu > Arakune, Tao, Hakumen

She only loses to Ragna (Barely) and Hakumen. She has obscene normals, the highest damage output in the entire game bar none. Incredible priority, brutal punishes and Oki that makes Ltchi look like a punk. If you ever fight a competent Mu. Bite the pillow.

Mu’s mixup is kindof ass though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Is Jin any good, and why (please don’t say ‘anyone is a great character in the hands of skilled player’ etc etc)? I’m thinking of getting into Blazblue (I only used to play SF4). I know some bare basics but Jin seems like a cool simple jack of all trades character. I don’t wanna play Ragna cause he seems so overused/dumb.

See my answer in the other thread, but Jin is pretty deserving of his rank in B-tier with ‘everyone else’. His only major problem, IMHO, is that his mixup is kinda gimmicky until he can get 50 heat.

Thanks for your input.