Blanka ultra help!

hello! ive been playing online and i cant do shout to earth as much as i want and i also struggle using lighting cannon ball! help please

:b::f::b::u: is easier for shout of earth. I find hopping into U2 easier; back hop to get far away from opponent, while after holding down-back for at least two seconds; press forward + kkk at the same time (immediately in the air hold back, then when you land) hold up and kkk. That said, I’ve played 13,000+ matches… so come back to me in a bit if it doesn’t work for you straight away. Not that it’s highly ‘advanced’ tech or anything, you just need to build up muscle memory. :slight_smile:

All that said, playing online is a very different game compared to playing offline with a friend, neighbor, pensioner or random girl scout who calls to your door. The timing varies a lot depending on your connection quality. Even the TV you play on makes a difference, or ‘adds’ to the difference. The only true source of getting better is to practice on your own TV in training mode, then you’re set for beating a friend at home… afterwards you can try and stretch to playing online, different TVs or wherever. Practice. Stick on the radio, send the kids to the park… whatever…

Stick or pad?

For shout of earth I just roll the stick from down back to down forward to down back and then up back.

The only problem I ever had with cannonball was not holding forward long enough to hit the ultra. I’m so used to trying to start charge as soon as possible.

if you could explain how you do it better lol?

With Blanka holding down-back is a necessary habit to get used to, so much so that it nearly ruins your chances at picking up another character (except Dictator, Boxer, Honda etc…). That is your charge position. Your hand should gravitate back there at all times. A sure sign of a newbie charge character player is to walk-back charge, moonwalking at the back of the stage. I hate to see that. You should always have back or down charge, preferably both… unless you’re footsie’ing, even then you are trying to get the opponant away so as you can return to your ‘happy place’ imo. If I’m more than half a screen away you can be sure I’m down-backing… start of round; downbacking… in the air…? Guess?

Whenever I play using a shoto or non-charge character I’m pre-debilitated by my constant down-backness; eg Ken, Ryu, Akuma, Makoto etc… They rely on neutral-down or neutral moreso than Blanka.

Once you understand that his ultras stem from down-back and quick directions away from that point his ultras become easier.

…at least to a certain level, then you learn up-back.

Imagine this with just down-back. Then you get the true meaning of playing Blanka. :rofl:

Not that Blanka can’t snap every so often. Like a parent whos kids won’t stop messing in the back of the car. Then it’s light-kick x 3, forward light punch, jump, piano/slide, frametrap, kara-throw…etc…

:db: :d: :df: :d: :db: :b: :ub:

thanks alot

you are right! i did quit blanka as a main and i use balrog [boxer] now and i love him! but i might use blanka as a 3rd or something! i just cant play blanka right

you are right! i did quit blanka as a main and i use balrog [boxer] now and i love him! but i might use blanka as a 3rd or something! i just cant play blanka right

http://sonichurricane.com/?p=460 then…

http://sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

lol hey man thanks!