Blanka 2013 ideas (purely speculative)

Plus: overhead, far.LP xx M.Ball xx super would work on everyone.
Always feels great to hit that combo

Official wish list from me

• 1f more advantage on blocked level 2 FA.
  • close st.mk airborne
  • far st.lk works like ST
  • cr.lk 1 frame less recovery
  • early hp ball frames lead to juggle state like ex does

I don’t know how you’d change ex in this scenario to give you a reason to do it over hp. Maybe switch their damage values? I dunno.

HP for follow up after FADC and EX for fireball punishes would be enough, I guess

Why far stand LK like in ST? You know that great far stand LP we have in SF4 is much worse in ST? So stand LP in SFIV is like the stand LK of ST. I think a better far standing strong (better hitbox, faster start up), a much safer crouching fierce like foxisquick said (+1 on hit, -5 on block) should be much better because right now for example, crouching fierce is so unsafe and for what? little damage and nothing much.

Why not just make EX hori hard knockdown at any range?

Because it’s useless in SFIV. Far st.lp was not useless in ST. It might have been slower, but it still had a great hit box. ST matchups didn’t revolve that much around the startup speed of your lights anyway.

I don’t want Blanka to change a lot. For me the biggest thing is the frame advantage off a blocked level 2 FA. Blanka has a good FA, but it’s so risky to follow up with forward dash for pressure. Even if does a frame perfect cr.lk after a forward dash he can trade with 3f normals, and some chars can combo off this trade. Another way to address this is to make close st.lp come out in 3f which is also good, but it will only combo into electricity after forward FADC and it can’t be confirmed.

I wouldn’t mind stronger normals like far st.mp and cr.hp, but I don’t really think he needs it. I’m sure it will be great for his footsie game, but I have never thought “I lost that match because my far st.mp and cr.hp suck”. However, if they buff the rest of the cast then sure, buff the shit out of him as well.

Buff cl.MK

Having an airbone normal would be nice.

Maybe a close stand HP like in SF2 series… that 2 rotating punches that didn’t combo, but was airborne… :smiley:

(just kidding)

regarding LK - how should be in order to work as in ST ?

Less pushback on hit for close.MP and cr.MK or more range.
Just let me do some damage when punishing stupid stuff besides using ultra

Like this:

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/729/blankacrab.png

You can do a st.LK on Ryu’s wake up at a distance where he can’t hit you, but you can hit him.

Not useless yes, but slow recovery and whiff on most crouching characters but its has uses yes.

But the stand LK was broken guys, we never will have a thing with a hitbox like that in SFIV lol.

Honda’s cr.LP is already broken in SFIV, so there’s a precedent there… :smiley:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6580/honda2h.jpg

Hi guys, I’m trying to compile a list with buffs for every character - I think this way we have a better chance to get something, than everybody doing their own lists.
I checked your proposed changes for Blanka and this is what I think:

• Ultra 2: kick - reduce the start up with 2 frames (10)
    punch -slight buff the hitbox for better AA
  • Blanka Ball: early hp ball frames lead to juggle state like ex does
  • cl. MK: airborne
  • cr. LK: 1 frame less recovery (6)

Is it too much to ask for Blanka’s Ultra 2 to be turned into an non-charge joystick motion move? LIke Hakan’s D,D,D + 3P/K or QCFx2 +3P/K? Doing that would enable Blanka to have a truly viable Ultra Combo that he can use in regular matches and would rocket him up the tier list. (Which is why it would never, ever happen?)

If not that, I would at least like to see the motion be changed to B,F,B,F + 3P/K. Again, not holding my breath. Capcom seems to want Blanka firmly in the midtier 4 Life.

any balls to fadc at close range.
Ex ball to knockdown at any range.
Cl.st.mk to be command normal (b.mk) and airborne.
Ex elec invincible on startup.

EX elec invincible should not become broken?

I hate pretzel motions with a passion but doing this would probably break Blanka pretty badly.

U1 is a viable ultra.

The fix to u2 that would make the most sense would be to just make it faster.

God it’s so crazy how much better blanka would be if his FA was slightly better on frames. It’s got such great range and covers so much area.

forgot to mention invuln starts on frame 3 or something.

Blanka needs a faster dash. I played gouken too and his dash made so much stuff more effective.