Blackheart's combos and guard/chip damage

Here’s some combos with Tron, Guile, Doom and some great poke tactics with Heart , by infamous up and comer MikeHeart.
[media=youtube]LwaklP66S58[/media]
Mikeheart vs. Jon B. Match 2
[media=youtube]GZ_V-aelsYY[/media]
Post your combos and chip damage with BH here. Enjoy!

BH Combo Thread

WARNING: MASSIVE POST ALERT:CONDENSED BH COMBO THREAD [<–Click it to see the original…]
This is their [and my] combos in our own words. This is possibly my biggest post ever. Another good thread is the one entitled “How To Tell If Your Blackheart Sucks” [<–Click]. This tackles the strategic end of BH. There will be combos in here too I’m sure since I put some in there.

Table of contents [in order?]:

==CoosCoos== [Some Solo Combos]
==Deathfist== [Majority of the combos]
==BlackHeartKing== [Good quantity of the combos]
==Stiltman== [Explains his DHC]

==CoosCoos==

Solo Combos

Well there’s some stuff BH can do. There’s:

Launch, sj. lp, sj. lk, sj. lp xx ad. f xx ad. lp, (ad. lk, ad. lk or ad. lk, throw).

That will cause fly screen and such, or you can throw.

(Launch or on a dummy doing something in the air), sj. lp xx ad. f, hp throw.

If you’re interested in playing BH, then you NEED to learn how to do this.

cr. lp, cr. lp xx sj. lp xx ad. f, ad. lp, ad. lk, ad. lp, ad. lk.

The “wooo hooo I’m a pixie character that can super jump cancel” thing. Remember after the second cr. lp to put the stick into neutral right away, and then super jump.

cr. lk, st. hk xx HOD/Judgement Day.

Easy link to HOD or Judgement Day. By all means with JD, DHC and wreck something.

==Deathfist==

Many of these have been posted elsewhere

Note:/= or
=BH-Sent-a=
This design isn’t necessarily optimal for BH. It does give BH some interesting basic combos however.
=Call+dlk,dmk, Inferno/JD/SJ ad-hk[Mid-screen only], follow up with anything except the infinite [too close, barely not enough time…,]

=J[in any direction]Sent-a+lp, micropause, mk, airdash forward, JD, DHC HSF [ouch!!]
-This is for if your opponent is in the air. Kinda like the Jump lp, Call Capcom,mp, inferno vs a jumper.
-so much for that triangle jump you guessed on, and you could airdash out of range if your first attack is blocked or misses [only Sent is vulnerable for the most part]

=BH-Mags-a=
Magneto’s projectile assist isn’t that great for BH in terms of combos. It’s more of a don’t advance along the ground while I superjump or normal jump type of thing. You’ll probably want to be using Cyc with these 2. Not a good idea unless your name is Samnang and your Mags is insaine.

=Call Mags+dlk, dmk, inferno, HOD and if you have good timing it’ll combo.
-Sometimes you can do a Judgement day instead of an inferno, but that’s really tough.

=Side Combos=
=Mags-BH-b Unmashable [Samnang]: Call BH-b+launch, hp, Tempest, lp,lk,mp,mk, Airdash UF, lp,lk,mp,mk, Tempest, fast DHC to Armageddon. This should kill an average stamina character instantly. If not, InfernoXXHOD for final chip or sj and airthrow them.

Imagine landing a ground combo without an assist that ends in the opponent eating a proton cannon, a hailstorm, or a HSF? I have some. The problems are that I’ve only tested them on a Dreamcast, and they’re fucking hard. I’m highly tempted to keep this quiet, but I decided not to.

=Armageddon fast cancells=
The Armageddon starts much faster than you think. If you can figure out the fastest DHC out timing, you can stun the person with one of BH’s attacks [only a few of which will work…,], whiff an armageddon, and then BANG, they eat a hailstorm, a proton cannon, a HSF, or some other madness. All of these fast cancels are trickshots.

=Standing hk [first hit] will combo with a Hailstorm using the above trick [tested], and using the same logic, a proton cannon will as well. Don’t bother with HSF in this situation. You’ll be lucky for it to hit properly, and if that happens, the person will not be jugglable for linkage. Sometimes the person may be able to roll out of it.

=Dlk, DmP [yes this is a mp] will combo with a hailstorm, a proton cannon, or a HSF using the Armageddon Fast cancel trick.
-Mid-screen only for the HSF. Knocking someone into the corner with this reduces it’s hit-stun, and makes it more likely for an asteroid to hit the wrong way ruining your combo. Hail works fine, Proton cannon should work too vs cornered foes [forgotten].

=Jump back hp vs a ground dashing or standing foe, Armageddon [whiffed] will combo into all 3. This means mid-screen or with your back to the wall, a VERY careless opponent can eat a HSF, a hailstorm, or a proton cannon.

Practical combos again?.

=Magneto on Point: Launch+Call BH, sj UF, hp, wait+UF, Tempest, lp,lk,mp,mk, airdash, lp,lk,mp,mk, Tempest, DHC Armageddon.

For Sentinel when trying to combo infernoXXHOD, you can use an artificial corner trick. By delaying your assist call by just a nanosecond or 2, you can do something like this on him. Even at mid-screen where the problem is…

=Dlk, call Capcom, dmk, Inferno, HOD. Blackheart begins throwing the inferno a little before the Capcom hit lands, so the person is lifted up into the inferno [which grazes them] by Capcom. You can even double-bounce some characters with it.

Airthrow to Drones Section

=*normal jump, airdash forwards [optional but recommended…], call Sentinel, B+Hp/k to score the air throw.
Follow-ups…
1] Stuff before you land…
1a Judgment day [air] and DHC out killing the character
1b slide airdash hk followed by one of the following…
-normal jump [or sj], airdash, lk,mk [if the combo meter restarts and this hits, call Capcom, dlk,dmk, and kill the character via DHC]. If this hits and it doesn’t restart the counter, launch the person or standing hk them [if you think it will hit]. If blocked, sj, and airdash back under the cover of drones, or whatever.
-ground Judgment day and DHC out to Sentinel killing the character
2]Stuff after you land…
2a Judgment Day
2b Launch the character [lp,mp, or DF hp will work vs airborne opponents] followed by one of the following…
-Inferno XX HOD whiffed, HSF,
-Air Combo to reset or airthrow.

When used defensively, this doesn’t have nearly the effect as when used offensively. If your back’s to the wall and you call Sent then back throw them into the drones, the best you can usually accomplish is this combo…

1]jump back into the corner with BH, call sent and airthrow them into the corner to trade places. On the way down late in the descent, lp.
2]Immediately upon landing sj with lp [very tricky], airdash forwards, lp, lk, mp, airthrow/mk.

Further experimentation needed on the defensive end.

As a side note, you can do the BH lightning ground throw into Sentinel Drones, and it will combo. Your recovery is so bad that it’s useless however.

You can also airthrow someone into Capcom. Call capcom, jump, airthrow. Good for a quick 40 points of damage, useless otherwise [no combo potential].

==BlackHeartKing==

It actually works best if you do cr.lp + doom, cr.lp xx sj.jp xx (ad.lk, ad.lp, ad.lk)

The part in the parentheses should be done fairly fast so that the fly screen places the enemy on the ground right as the rock hit them. From there you just sj (this causes them to fly hit from the rocks) with the RH and the enemy will be bouncing.

also with this team using the BH self gb that I mention early in the corner, you can do the 2nd lp + doom xx sj.lk, sj.lk, rh as you start to fall and the opponent will be bouncing in the infinite set up.

if ever you hit the opponent with a rh when they’re in the air and they’re bouncing and you don’t have meter to punish them, you can launch + doom xx delayed sj.jp ad slight delay, air throw. The throw will throw them into the doom rock and if you rh as you’re on you way down, the rh should hit the putting them into the infinite set up. This will put them right back where you hard them, but you should have half a bar more now to work with.

bh & sent-a

cr.lk+assist, cr.lk canceled into sj canceled into airdash immediately canceled into RH
(this will all connect and if you jump right as your opponent is touching the ground from being hit by the RH they’ll bounce really high into the air allowing you to do whatever you want to them)

sent & bh-b

in corner with unflight…launch, sj.jp, sj.jp, ff.lk + assist, ff.fp, uf.lk, uf.fp, upward rp
(delayed hit from the inferno should connect after the ff.fp so that the upward rp connects)

bh & cyclops (aa)

cr.lk + assist, cr. lk, pause til second hit from connects, fp inferno
(I usually mash the fp b/c it seems to makes the delayed juggle hit from the inferno connect more often)
after they bounce on second hit…

1. timed inferno for a second hit
  2. jp. rh cancelled to dash (infinite set-up)
  3. launch to air combo
  4. switch in another character like cable to follow up with jp.jp, jp.fp, ahvb

==Stiltman==
KiLLaKeLLY vs. Stiltman <–Click Yellow. DHC in round 2

Originally Posted by Deathfist
I agree that it can be consistently done, it’s just so wierd that I haven’t been able to do it consistently. Actually, I did do this to someone in a tournament that I knew sucked [so there was no pressure], but I need video of it working to get it to work with any remote degree of consistency. I’m not saying that it’s impossible to get down consistently [far from it actually…,] I’m just saying it’s not something that can easily be put into words.

Yeah… well, I can understand that. Let’s see if I can manage to put it into words any better.

Basically, you know the first few phases. Poke into Commando on the ground or, if you want, if you manage to hit someone with sj. rh air-to-air and then land and standing short/fwd/Commando. Hit the inferno at the usual timing, HOD. That part’s easy.

What will happen at this point is that the inferno will bounce them up into the air for a short straight-up arc before they begin to fall back down. They can roll on the ground but they can do nothing until they touch the ground. Basically what you’re really doing here is comboing into Commando/inferno/HSF right out, and the HOD is just a whiff startup to get the drones to hit. The critical point that I always watch is where the bottom of their body falling down in the inferno column is. On the screen, the inferno after the Commando hit will bounce them up into the scoreboard on the way up, and then they’ll drop back down. Cable and Magneto are my most typical measuring sticks, partly because they’re also the main characters that I usually hit with it. Cable needs to drop far enough down that his feet spinning in the air upside down have just barely passed below the scoreboard. Start with that and memorize where Cable’s head at the bottom of his fall is, and print it onto your brain where that horizontal level is for everyone else you do it on.

There is both good news and bad news for ease of execution of this as compared to Storm/Sentinel. The bad news has two parts. The first part is, that unlike Storm/Sentinel where you only have to momentarily watch a slight drop after a lightning storm, BH/Sentinel/Commando requires you to watch them first get carried up by the inferno and THEN drop, which is a slightly more complex sequence of physics that is further obscured by the inferno column. The other part is, the HOD rising up slightly cuts down on your margin of error for getting it right. If any of the demons of HOD hit, the DHC won’t work and the HSF drones will unfailingly whiff. However, Storm/Sentinel’s margin of error isn’t THAT much either, so it’s not just drastically harder to do, the short bounce up is ultimately trickier to account for than the HOD. The good news is, you only really have to work out the timing for one range, because Commando/inferno will always put them at full screen distance regardless ofwhere you start, so you don’t have to vary anything once you’ve got the base distance down.

Another piece of good news is, if you do happen to get this in a corner, you can dash up and launch with Sentinel at full screen for an air combo and save yourself a third meter. You don’t have to wave dash or juggle or OTG to do this. This is a function of the fact that the timing for the DHC will always drop them into the top row of drones, unlike the normally more forgiving Storm/Sentinel DHC where you might lose the launcher if you drop them into HSF too low and a lot of damage potential gets wasted. HSF/launch/short/strong/RP/fierce/rh will do roughly the same damage as HSF/fierce/RP/HSF/fierce/RP for one fewer meter. Either one of them does in the low 120s to Cable off of a straight poke… not 100% but enough damage that in most real match situations it will probably kill someone. If you’re getting it off of a sj. rh it might do a little more, I haven’t measured that in training mode.

Originally Posted by Deathfist
That’s kinda what I was thinking. I’m dreaming of a BH-Storm-Sent-a. Part of the reason I figured out that this is possible is from watching and eventualy extending Samnang Koy’s Magneto combo…
=Launch+Call BH, sj, hp, wait, Tempest, lp,lk,mp,mk, airdash, lp,lk,mp,mk, Tempest, DHC Armageddon. After figuring out you can go tempest Armageddon in the high air, I was curious to see if there were other methods to use it in combos.

Yeah, that probably would work if you were high enough on the screen. Armageddon does come down pretty fast, just that I’ve never bothered to use it unless I’ve got a point blank inferno hit to work with. Doing it off of a jab inferno against airdashing opponents might also be a cute use for it, although I haven’t attempted to do this in a match yet.

Quote Posted by Deathfist:
For Sentinel, you can use an artificial corner trick. By delaying your assist call by just a nanosecond or 2, you can do something like this on him. Even at mid-screen where the problem is…

=Dlk,call Capcom, dmk, Inferno, HOD. Blackheart begins throwing the inferno alittle before the Capcom hit lands, so the person is lifted up into the inferno [which grazes them] by Capcom. You can even double-bounce some characters with it.

Hmmmm. Yeah, BH is fairly easy to double bounce off of Commando if you throw it fast enough. Maybe I’ll have to experiment a little more with Sentinel timing on it in casual play. Most of the time that I DHC into Sentinel with BH is usually more of a thing where I’ll throw JD into HSF from when Sentinel is flying around too much. Usually one of those situations where they’re trying to stay at full screen, so I’ll call Commando and inferno/whatever. If they don’t stop flying and they think they’re going to wait for me to do something silly, that gets dangerous fast.

Here is a combo I invented last week Sunday.

Opponent superjumps and air-dashes towards you, and you do this…
1]Wait till you no longer have drones on screen
2]Call Sentinel-y when the sj icon disappears [or is about to disappear] and immediately sj lp,lk, micropause, airdash, lk, mp, mk, hk.
-The chain knocks them down into the drones
-The hk hits them off the drones
-They’re bouncing meaning that they are at risk big time.
3]Continuations:
a-Jumping hk again, tag out to Cable/Ironman/Storm
b-Judgment day, DHC HSF [much better and more stable in this situation than one might think. DHC in Sentinel between the 29th and 35th hit.]. You have the option to launch [you MIGHT have to do a short dash; not likely though].
c-Launch, AC
d-Standing Hk, tag out to Cable/Ironman/Storm
e-HOD or InfernoXXHOD

The concept for this combo was born from the following combo. I’m sure someone thought of it first, but I had nobody to ask about this one, so I invented it myself [by taking the classic sj cancel combo and inserting drones into it to enhance it’s power…].

Dlk, [optional call of Sent-y], dmp [+optional call of Sent-y], [optional call of Sent-y], sj cancel lp, pause, airdash, lk, mp, mk, hk, land, and do whatever you want [they’re bouncing from the hk]
-Basically, you select the best optional call point of Sentinel drones among the ones I mentioned earlier, and do your worst.

This can get brutal really fast. You’ve done 35-40% damage before you’ve even got the chance to super their ass. The potential after the initial combo for extra damage is almost unlimited.