Bison is fucking cheap

Bison is fucking cheap how do u punish his bullshit scissor kick pressure I’m using rose…who is his worst match-up!

M.Bison cheap??

Stats:
Username: gouki85
Title: "UMVC3!!!"
Signature: “ssf4: everyone”

Not sure if serious

Very serious still waiting on an answer!

light Scissors is -1, Rose has to take it. However the move isn’t that quick so you can stuff a scissors with a standing jab, but it would have to be a read not a reaction.

Red focus is also a good option if you want higher risk-reward.

Lol 2014 and people still don’t know about jab. Not taking shots at OP since I don’t know how long he’s been playing the game… but 09ers… gtfo.

It’s somewhat a bad matchup for Rose btw, and her cr.mp is a bitch. Bison’s worst matchup is Guile.

Neutral jump. Punish.

Also: You’re lucky anyone gave you any advice at all with a topic title like that. Hardly likely to ingratiate yourself with Bison mains.

You’ve clearly been playing fighting games for a while so should know what is and what isn’t cheap.

Mid screen.
You have several options.

Bison does LK.SK up close, he is at -1 if you block both hits.
If Bison is in his C.LK (3 frame start up) range he can go for C.LK xx LK.Scissor again. You can block , after which he will be pushed out of C.LK range. In which case you can interrupt is normals or LK.SK with any number of moves.

You can contest his C.LK after blocking his LK.SK with some of your normals, like C.LP, C.LK and C.Mp but C.MP xx Spiral is probably your best bet. Its a 50:50 but damage output is in your favour and trading is your favour.

If Bison decides to do another LK.SK without do a C.LK tick first, you can interrupt with a normal, like C.MP xx Spiral. You can also neutral jump punish as mentioned above.
Rose can also do a reverse mix up. Simply back dash after blocking LK.SK. If Bison does LK.SK it will whiff and you can punish. To counter the back dash Bison has to commit to an unsafe MK or HK.SK to punish Rose, but if Rose just blocks she can punish those SK’s on block.

Bison can also delay his LK.SK and his normals after you block LK.SK to punish your counters on whiff, But this of course gives you freedom to use other moves to create space or reserve pressure or simply escape.

In the neutral game finding the range at which Bison’s LK.SK only hits once is very important as it allows you score focus crumples.

Red Focus is of course another counter.

You also have the highly risky option of ex.spiral as a get the hell off me move.

Corner trapped you have the above options minus the back dash option.

Getting corner trapped is bad against Bison but if that happens its your own fault.

His worst match up is Guile by the way.

And Bison is not cheap!

Bison is one of the easiest characters to defeat once you know the matchup. He has a 1 dimension playstyle. Dude above pretty much explained it all.

Hm, only on low level play I can understand people calling Bison cheap. He kills noobs with SK pressure and Head Press.

Mid/High level people will call you a scrub for using Bison, even if they beat you.

Stuff his scissors kick with st.lp or neutral jump and people are confused to why it worked… sigh

I wish Bison was cheap. Lol

Instead of complaining about the match why not post a video of you playing? If your gonna spam backdashes on wakeup, smart players will look for every opportunity to OS that backdash!

Play like this Rose and you will surely lose. I have to say using soul throw to get out of the corner is pretty damn risky.

I agree, it’s not easy for rose, but still winnable, if you are playing it right, don’t get cornered and you should be fine, keep the life lead, don’t thow fireball ever now in ultra imo. In ultra I go for many throws/cr.lk, when rose has ultra 2, because throw beat’s her ex drill easy… :smiley: and she really has nothing besides ex drill to get out of pressure.

…And her backdash

not really cheap more just annoying than anything. ken, evil ryu, seth, yun… those characters are what i would call cheap.

be careful neutral jumping bison if he sniffs it out he can get your nj or just walk up st hk / st mk dont remember its the one with the higher angle, i would say the range you start at at “round 1 fight” just a step or 2 back from there is perfect space to keep him at (which sucks for honda cause you cant do any damage from there)

Oh I can already tell Op is a master of fighting games. This thread is going to go places.

Spoiler

Like right into the ground.

I hate Bison because I’m a shitty player with no patience.

Bison Cheap? Maybe in the glory days of Street Fighter II during the early 90’s. especially before Akuma was introduced (where Bison was also re-balanced slightly).
But now in 2014 with Ultra Street Fighter IV Omega Mode, there so many ways of getting around Bison’s strengths.

And compared to SF II, SF IV Bison really nerfed.

• bison isn’t a bad matchup for rose. Its even
  • omg gaiz bison so cheap he can punish my fireball from fullscreen Q_Q