Billionaire, Playboy, and Viable Again - The Iron Man General Discussion Thread

Tryin to but there’s no one to play out here :frowning:

Hey, Chris g has a stream and he uses an IM route for the HSD glitch, you should check there on his last broadcast. He does one in his last hour of play or so.

Man, I hadn’t considered height - maybe because I was focused on the timing between each repulsor, which I thought was the issue. I’ll hit training mode again and then report back here. Thanks!!

so is IM dead? nova and ultron kinda make him expandable

I wouldn’t say IM is dead, but, it’s becoming evident he’s the weaker of the 3 on point. However, I find his 1v1 capabilities to be superior due to reality stone + random smart mines. I’ve been using IM full time, once you become more of an expert with his range (which he has massive range on his heavies) he doesn’t really seem worse in any way. What he can’t do is air dash spam H like the others

good to know. is reality stone a must?

I dont think it’s obligatory, but it is clearly the best stone for Tony. He isn’t Ultron or Nova, for you to just space storm and go ham on enemies.

Iron-Man’s neutral consists, at least from what I’ve played since launch, on zoning and punishing mistakes or the enemy offense with repulsors, and, when you’re attacking, your only tool is basically trijumping into his LK-HK string.

With this in mind, and taking into consideration that the repulsor ray’s recovery is approx. 50 years, you need another neutral-tool, and the reality surge, as of now, is just ridiculous.

I switched from Iron Man/X mind stone to Iron Man/Hawkeye Reality stone and the difference in control I have over the match is just disgusting.

I’m convinced his best gem is Power at the moment(post patch). It’s like having Psylocke all over again.

The only issue I see that make Tony slightly worse than Ultron or Nova is his ability to open people up. This is one of the main reasons why I’m running him with Power, and with someone with specials/supers with breaks in between so that I can fly above or past opponents while they block the move, then hit Power surge at random times. That, coupled with high/low mixup, should be able to mitigate his weaknesses a bit.

Iron Man I feel is similar to what he was in Marvel 3. He’s like a middle ground character that provides stronger support than he does point play. Which means you either use him with another point character like Jedah so he can provide support for them, or you try to play him on point and help support him with another support character like a Monster Hunter or Sigma.

I think it’s strongest to play him as a support for another character like Jedah, Spiderman, Dante etc. where they can abuse his solid special tools to tag off of and use his super for lockdown. That way you get a support character with better solo play and mix up than Ghost Rider, but also have another point character backing you up.

Thing is, he’s not even good support like that anymore. That’s why I’m using more as a clean up character than setup. He can confirm into full combo off literally any stray air normal now, so I’ve just taken that as the basis of his play style until further notice. His damage is pretty insane as well.

And with Power, I have legit ways to punish dumb shit like Vajra+tag. If you do d+hp or d+lk just as Strider reappears, you end up behind him, and in front of his partner every time. If he doesn’t tag, use Power surge to cancel your normal and auto correct on his ass. If he does, his partner will probably run into it. Just stay on the ground when you’re fighting Strider until he does it, because you KNOW he will. It even works against OroVajra.