Better ways to land "Dirt Nap"?

I tried using combo threads and stuff but they’re still full of vanilla information for a while until you hit the last 10 pages or so. I have somewhat of a general idea on how to land dirt nap but I think I need a better understanding. When can I land dirt nap like in air, during hit stun, during block etc I want to know all situations if possible. I know that you can land it during block stun, while you’re right next to them in the air, or canceled during a string such as L M H S.

I tired to land Dirt Nap during an air reset whenever they flip out of a combo (similar to most air throw resets) but it doesn’t work whenever they tech forward, or is that how most air resets get foiled anyway?

Team: Iron Man B-Assist (Repulsor Blast), X-23 B-Assist (Neck Slice), Nova B-Assist (Centurion Rush)

Anyway here’s my setup for the level 3…

Corner: Tiger Knee :l:Talon Attack, :l:Crescent Scythe xx :l:Talon Attack (loop for a total of three CS’s), :m:, :h:, :s:, air :h: xx :h:Crescent Scythe xx :l:Talon Attack, land, Assist 2 (Nova to cause ground bounce), Ankle Slice OTG, :s:, air :h: xx :h:Crescent Scythe xx :l:Talon Attack, Assist 1 (Iron Man), Ankle Slice OTG xx Dirt Nap

Mid-Screen: :m:, :h: xx :h: Mirage Feint, air:m:, air:h:, air:d::h: xx :l:Talon Attack and repeat one more time then do the whole assist thing I explained above.

Another possible mid-screen I’d use: Fully Charged Neck Slice, Tiger Knee :l:Talon Attack, :l:Crescent Scythe xx :l:Talon Attack, land, :m:, :h: xx :h:Mirage Feint, air:m:, air:h:, air:d::h: xx :l:Talon Attack, land, :m:, :h:, :s: and do all the of the assists stuff again as this can literally carry them from one side of the corner to the other.

Okay, so after the opening parts of the combos and the assist extensions are done, during Iron Man’s assist I let the repulsor blast land all their hits and once that the opponent flips out I jump up and hit :s: to land the Dirt Nap. However, if they flip forward (towards the center) then I have no way of landing it. Also, is it possible to combo into from this situation or will I have to worry about attempting an air reset?

Backdash -> call iron man -> ankle slice -> dirt nap (on the first hit) -> jump forward S comboed (dummy set to tech forward) when I tried it, I can’t do CS loops but I guess the hit stun deterioration was maxed out after the relaunch with nova.

the backdash call has to be fast, is the same time as getting a relaunch with dormammu’s dark hole in the corner.

Forgive me for asking but are we talking about comboing into them as well?

Yes.

I’ve only comboed into it a few times but it seems it has to do with hit-stun decay because whenever I do my full combo it won’t connect during Iron Man’s assist hitting, but whenever I do a short version it will connect while they’re still in hit-stun and stuff.

I haven’t had to the time to test out alejandrosh’s method to catch them yet, but I was messing around with catching them on roll techs though. Like instead of calling out Iron Man, I’ll just do Ankle Slice OTG xx Dirt Nap startup, then if they roll towards mid-screen, I’ll dash back and catch them with Dirt Nap, if they roll back into the corner for some reason, I’ll just stay there and press S and hit them with the level 3.

If you wanna cover roll techs, wave/plinkdashx3(or 4) on their wake-up after activating Silent Kill. It’ll cover their roll, no matter where they go and if they roll out of the corner, you can chase them AND make your dashes phase through them, crossing them up.

The damage is obviously going to be lower from this, but you should be able to land a Silent Kill right after you do the whole Ankle Slice --> Centurion Rush assist thing.

If there’s any way to make your combo get some kind of relaunch using Repulsor Blast first instead of Centurion Rush you could always try that for some massive damage, but I’m not sure if that’s possible.

Also, I’m not too up and up on my Iron Guy tech, but you might be able to DHC out of Angled Proton Cannon into Dirt Nap as long as you DHC out before the final hit of the Angled Proton Cannon(which sends them flying up and likely out of X-23’s reach) makes contact.

Dashing to cover ground techs gets blown up by neutral stand. If I want a grounded Dirt Nap reset, I just stand at the range that’ll catch any tech, and visually react to their wakeup with a meaty cr.M, cancel into Dirt Nap. As far as resets into Dirt Nap go, this is probably the best way - any air-based reset makes you vulnerable to assist calls when you go to chase them.

For combos, I have Deadpool’s groundbounce OTG - I can call the assist + activate dirt nap, then combo a full charge NS, H-Scythe, H-Talon, Dirt Nap.