Best Position for A-Mai

Battery?
She is good without her meter, not the most damaging combos but can hold her own in general. Doesn’t entirely lost to Sagat, but not that great against Blanka.

User?
Has simple but damaging a-groove combos. Not the best a-groove user but still dope and a good one to start learning with.

or Anchor?
Nah, she’s not that buff. You need a bison or a blanka there.

Anyone else have an opinion? Or should Mai be even played in a-groove.

She has a few good rc’s and strong pokes and reliable anti-air

RC’ed hcf+k is pretty nice and RC’ed qcb+p is pretty good anti air and a good poke along with s. fp.

Suggestions/opinions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Since she has relatively NO way to land her CC other than when they whiff or by Random Activation, she is best used as a battery.

Trip guard Custom? Activate, cr forward, ground custom …

Thats if they jump in, of course.

Thanks Gunter.

Just random activation through fireball or an easily punishable mistake is my only chance :frowning:

I heard c. lk, c. lk, c. mp, activate works? or is linkable? I can’t ever seem to hit the link.

I had this old ass vid of JS Master playing A-mai, he was pretty dope. He used her for a battery. I guess thats the best way to do it.

Anyways, thanks yo. You showed me the light and didnt even have to flame me yo.

so there is a way to combo into activate in CC? i used to just activate and hope i get it LOL is deyr any variations for it thx in advance

Also, Mai has trouble against Bison and Blanka… who people usually put at either middle or anchor position. It’s a good idea to keep your Mai away from those two.