Best Elena players?

Elena is personally my favorite character in 3S, but I can’t find anyone besides combofiend who uses her in tournaments. Is anyone else a decent Elena player out there? Any videos?

Some of Streak’s and SlimX’s old videos have Elena in them. Also, just today I found some vids linked from Video Opera (video-opera.com) on Orochinagi.com. This is the link to the page with the vids: http://www.planetdreamcast.com/orochinagi/video/capcom.shtml . Scroll down to the 3S vids. The vids are from SBO, and no, I don’t know the name of the dude. Can anyone read it?

I think it’s Umekado.

I honestly think Elena is an amazing character for those that know how to use her. Im not sure why people dislike her. Maybe it isn’t disliking… Perhaps people just don’t know how to use her. She is very unpredictable and has some sweet combos.

Would it be wise to bring Elena to a tournament? It doesn’t seem like many people have trained against a good Elena player.

The main reasons people don’t use Elena is tourneys(at least from my understanding) is because she has very little combo potential and gets spanked by the top tier. Without Brave Dance she really doesn’t have a lot of opportunities to dish out big damage, either. Though I agree, Elena’s my main player and I’m really excited to see how I do with her when I finally find a 3S arcade machine in my area.

Be ready to use her in a whole new way. Elena is big on mix ups and it’s hard to do that to the computer without it just blocking everything. But if you have fun playing against the computer with her, you should be really excited for real comp as it’s way more fun to play people with her.

Yeah, I’m getting a taste of that now that a couple of my friends are into 3S. I need to work on my wakeup game, I usually just either mallet smash or lynx tail(though I try to stay far away to track them into thinking it’s going to miss).

COMBOFIEND, watch texas shodown from last year and I swear he made it to the finals

our team have one.
m3x plays elena(sa2/3) like god.
but we’ve got no vids to back it up. :lame:
links,karas,ex combos,mix-ups is her game.
her kara has a good range. :tup:

I am glad to hear that there are Elena users. I felt that it was a waste that people were not using her. However, I am wrong! Thats why you guys are awesome. I really think she would be effective in the hands of a smart/good player. She has some logical capabilities that can do some interesting damage. Let’s not forgot… Healing!

BRAVUUUU!!! naggeee!!! BRAVUUU!!!

all the players u guys listed are aight. but the sickest ive seen is probably 5 star.
His kara throws are very clever, i once saw him kara throw someone 7 times. in a row.
Have you guys seen that before? I haven’t. You probably haven’t either since you guys live no where near so cal.
20 fucking win streak. He just gave up after 20 cuz he felt bad for throwing people all day.
and BRAVUUUUUU!!!

…BRAVVUUU!!!

I personally think Elena is potentially stronger than people put her out to be. True…this is coming from the guy who tries hard to place high in tourneys with that weak ass ninja character. I’d like to think that Elena has a lot of potential in her strong pokes and spacing game. True…not having a ton of real good hit confirms into super hurt her a bit but her pokes are great and has great air normals and a decent super in SA2. It’s not as quick moving or has quite the range that Chun’s SA2 does but it works.

Basically a Chun with a much stronger AA game and less confirms for supers. Yet…with a decent momentum and understanding of the game I believe she can be particularly strong. I’ve seen Justin Wong win tournaments with her and Elena can be particularly useful in certain matchups. Azuma, Orona and a few other Elenas I can’t remember you can look on YouTube and show you how strong she can be.

Teppe is good as well.

Ikegu is the best in the world by quite a way.

I play Elena DevilJin, and I agree with you- she seems to be the last character that really hasn’t been fully exploited to a degree that everyone knows what she can do- lots of people don’t seem to realise that she has such long corner combos that DON’T always need more than one EX move, and that she can 100% stun against a fair few characters.

She can combo her super off more stuff than people think too (UOH->crouching short xx super, fierce mallet smash-> standing short xx super, t+fk->super…).

Only place I’d disagree with you is in her pokes- although some have good range, she’s very similar to Remy in that they tend yo come out slow and have low priority, and only her standing short has any frame advantage.

She does have the 2nd best Kara throw in the game too.

she has no way to combo low into super. huge disadvantage.

standing short xx super. crouching short xx super. crouching short xx scratch wheel xx super crouch short xx EX scratch wheel xx super. fierce mallet smash, crouch short xx super.

you can combo into crouching short from UOH or from a jump in too, giving you time to hit confirm.

so yeah you can combo super from a low hitting attack. It’s just not as brain dead as Chun/Ken etc. Her super comboing is more comparable to Alex or Remy.

I think what he meant is that not you can’t combo from a low short, but that there is no way to hit-confirm from a low short. All of the ways you mentioned do not begin with low short, but rather UOH or a jump in. Those aren’t low moves.

just play her like chun. her specials have a few specific situational uses otherwise don’t even bother.
just throw and use st.RH to beat everything and occasionally poke with c.mp. imo just forget about everything else and don’t get hit.

i think with elena the simpler and tighter you play the better.

kuroda and MOV are the best elenas imo

Perfectly said.

Kuroda plays Elena so tight it’s not even funny. He basically uses her like Chun-Li.
Ie: Kara throws like CRAZY, (this is his #1 offensive method) plays a lot of footsies, and always hit confirms into Bravedance.

He doesn’t usually go for unsafe combos or anything fancy unless it’s a mixup.