Best Character

Is Poison considered one of the best characters in this game? Is she Top 5?

Definitely doubt it. Hwoarang, Chun-Li, Jin, Kazuya, Nina, and Alisa are most likely the top 5. After that you have Law, Akuma, Rolento, etc…

What is preventing her from being a good character?

she simply lacks the tools and abilities the top tiers have. Or whatever she can do they can do it better and then some

She’s a good character, she’s just not top. What’s preventing her? There are just better characters, that’s it. The thing with SFxT, I feel, is that the middle tier contains a majority of the cast. Its just that the top tier sticks out like a sore thumb. Poison fits in somewhere below the top tier.

1. Low reward for landing a hit without meter.
  2. Combos requiring meter arn’t very impressive compared to most of the cast.
  3. Reversal loses to low-profile moves and is difficult/impossible to convert off of on tag cancel outside of a few choice partners (Lili, Marduk, Nina and a few others can convert reliably).
  4. Has low come-back potential due to limited offensive threats (low/throw is her main mixup, overhead requires 1 bar to convert).
  5. She’s not Hwoarang (lolrang), Kazuya (lolEWGF), Chun(lolLegs), Law (#JustDoIt) or Jin (JumpingRoundhouseofDaGods).

What she has going for her:

1. Good hitboxes and range on her normals.
  2. Good backdash.
  3. Amazing fireball game (too bad half the cast can special-step around those).

imo she’s one of the better “point position only”, but is outclassed by Hwoarang (as is everyone), Law, Jin, Chun-li, Cammy, Akuma, Alisa, and Bison for that spot.

Thanks everyone. Appreciate all the info.

Well I wouldn’t say impossible, more difficult. What the anchor can do after the dp tag will vary a lot. Like I am able to get Asuka’s dragon wheel demon slayer post launch combo after tagging out on the hk dp mid-screen. While when I tried with King I could only do hpxjaguar bomb. Cammy, Xiaoyu, and Julia can combo off her dp. I don’t know about the rest of the cast however