Best and Worst time travelling methods in movies

My submission for best. Best in terms of " That kinda makes sense " type of way. It has no connection to the quality of the movie.
Trailer for the independent film Primer. $7k budget, very creative, extremely well thought out & intelligent film. Highly recommended!

Movie: Primer

Method:
Utility Box - The utility of a box is limited compared to that of traditional depictions of time travel: it can only transport the user to a point in time during which it has been operating, and can only do so at apparently normal temporal speed. For standard use as a time travel device, the box is activated at the point in time the user wants to travel back to. Once the user wishes to travel back to this point, they turn off the machine and, before it winds down, enter it. They remain in the box for the amount of time since it was activated, and may then exit at the point of activation. For example, if the machine is turned on at noon, and the user waits six hours until 6 p.m., then turns the machine off, enters, and waits inside a further six hours, he or she will exit at the original activation point of noon. Staying in the machine would cause the user to continuously cycle back and forth between 6p.m. and noon, with the ability to exit the machine at either endpoint.

Visual Explanation: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/84/Time_Travel_Method-2.svg

Worst:

Movie: Black Night

Martin Lawrence falls into a swamp located inside a medieval theme park. Goes back in time in a fish out of water adventure only Martin Lawrence can provide.

Trailer: [media=youtube]nEzcyX-lKy0[/media]

It’s a pretty terrible movie.

Terminator 2 got it right. Time is linear. Arnold was badass. Skynet kidnapped Eddie Furlongs career.

Butterfly Effect.

I don’t remember much but Ashton Kutcher goes back in time by reading his journal and concentrating really hard.

lol…88mph really just seems like a hassle for time travel. also…being naked in terminator.

Donnie Darko: Wormholes

hot tub time machine
russian energy drink + booze + mystical Chevy Chase + hot tub = time machine

Time Travels Wife
Some people are just born with it

worst Bill and ted, excellent movie, stupid method of time travel

In single file.

Best: Terminator

Worst: Hot Tub Time Machine - but that movie knew exactly what it was so yeah.

Didnt he make a cameo in the green hornet??

Tardis, delorian w/Mr.Fusion assist and the time machine (HG wells) FTW

I was gonna bring it up, but it seemed more like the Tardis. A time machine in disguise. Timey Wimey Wibbly Wobbly

Watchmen? Not exactly time travel, but it features a being that exists in the 4th dimension.

Kate and leopold for worst

I’m pretty sure Star Trek has this down.

Airplane ride from Inception. Because when they landed, it lead to the conclusion of the movie.

Greatest super power ever

:mad:

Timecrimes (2007) - IMDb

This movie has it pretty fucking amazingly done.
Id say its one of the best time travel movies of all time.

Timecop, all I remember is the little monorail thing that sends them into the past, I can’t remember how they returned. Anyway thinking about it, it doesn’t make any sense why it would/could happen but the best part was when someone from the future touches their past self causing them to be both destroyed.

Best method of time-travel was the FLYING version of the Delorean, by far. The original Delorean was awesome but limited because:

A: Fuel source.
Marty: "Plutonium… Wait, are you telling me this sucker is NUCLEAR?!"
Doc: “No no no, this sucker’s electrical, but it requires a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity I need.”

and

B: Required some tricky timing.

Doc: “Don’t worry. As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at precisely 88mph the instant the lightning strikes the tower… everything will be fine.”

With the upgraded version, Doc fixed both flaws in the Delorean by making it run on garbage and of course, the classic:

Doc: “Roads? Where we’re going we don’t need Puts on shades:cool: roads.”

Yeah the first 2 Back to the Future movies are 2 of my favorite movies, (Back to the Future was the first movie I ever saw in a theater) what of it?

Flying Delorean ftw.

^_-;

Greatest ever - Superman crying & screaming while spinning the earth back!

Don’t forget Mr. Fusion powers the time circuit and (I think) hover ability…but the engine still requires gasoline?! He should have gone further into the future and converted to a non-fossil fuel engine.

Love Bill and Ted but yeah…wtf on making an issue of doing the report on time when you have a time machine? They could clearly go back to their own time line whenever they wanted. And I guess time was an endless loop because Rufus needs to be sent back over and over to help them with their report.